Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
There is a book listed on both MySlabs and eBay. It is priced higher on eBay than it is on MySlabs.

I think I know which site I would buy it from then.

If only the wrap were better... sigh.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Maybe my logic is incorrect but this is what I'm thinking...tell me if I'm wrong.

Same seller: A FMV book is $100. shipping is $10.

eBay price = $115 $10 shipping.
myslab price = $101 $10 shipping.

@GAC Your logic would assume that the seller switched over to Myslabs just to price more competitively, not to save any money for themselves. Probably there is a middle ground. In my case I pay sales tax on any Ebay purchase, so there is an automatic split of the savings if I buy for the same price on Myslabs. I save the sales tax and seller saves the seller fees.
Post 77 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC

The ebay item may sell sooner given the higher traffic on ebay.

The myslab item may sell sooner given the lower price on myslab.

While I understand that the seller comes out even regardless of the platform the buyer should value the book equally unless they feel they get more protection from ebay's buyer protection program and are willing to pay a premium for lower risk.

Of course as a seller I offer a discount to buyers here so we can split the savings by not having to pay ebay.
Post 78 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't see an option to add a shipping charge so I guess it is included in the price?
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
I didn't see an option to add a shipping charge so I guess it is included in the price?

That is my understanding.
Post 80 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

That is my understanding.

From their site:

9) All buy it now prices and best offers include shipping. There is no additional shipping cost. However, if a Buyer requests special shipping then the seller and buyer can negotiate accordingly only after full payment has been received by the seller.

https://myslabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006115481-List-of-Helpful-Guidelines-for-MySlabs-Sellers
Post 81 IP   flag post
I’m pretty excited about this as both a buyer and seller. It pretty much checks all the boxes for me. I hope to see their inventory grow.
Post 82 IP   flag post
@MySlabs Hi Ken, I submitted a seller application last week and haven't seen any response to it. It's possible I did something wrong, I figure no response is coming at this point.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector MySlabs private msg quote post Address this user
PM Sent!
Post 84 IP   flag post
Thanks to the help of @MySlabs Ken I am an approved citizen. Just put up my first listing, easy as pie. It's an FF2 CGC 3.0 listed at $2,800. I may reduce the price or add "best offer" in a few days. If a books sells immediately I kind of figure that I priced it too low.

https://www.myslabs.com/browse/comics/

I still love MCS and plan to use them plenty, but more for books that I don't want to hassle with packing and shipping individually. For bigger dollar books like this I'm hoping Myslabs.com will work out. I'd prefer to save the selling fee, have the option of multiple venues and also keep possession of the book until it sells.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Best of luck with the sale and hopefully the platform will serve as a viable alternative for you!

Ken
Post 86 IP   flag post
Just an FYI to all, once approved the listing process took about 10% of the time it takes to create an Ebay listing. I had previously purchased this book from MCS and saved the images in an "MCS Images" folder on my computer, so all I had to do was attach those images. Myslabs.com also has a staging option where you can load your books and hold them without putting them up for sale.
Post 87 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I listed on ebay after using their site and it feels like a full days work in comparison. I do like how simple it is, how it knows if the customer is in the same state as the seller and lists "+ tax" in red next to the cost, and gives you the option to buy multiple slabs and see a seller's entire inventory. Although the guys at shortboxed seem great, I think myslabs makes their site obsolete and exposes many of their limitations.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I do like how simple it is, how it knows if the customer is in the same state and the seller and lists " tax" in red next to the cost,

@flanders I didn't know that and was wondering how that would work. Glad to hear it's been handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Although the guys at shortboxed seem great, I think myslabs makes their site obsolete and exposes many of their limitations.

I would add that the tax implications are massive. The industry didn't need another Ebay-like selling platform. The industry needed an AutoTrader-like or Craigslist-like "introduction" platform. That's the need that Myslabs.com fills. Unlikely to have sales tax obligations, no direct IRS reporting requirements. The need is going to get bigger in 2022. And then of course there's the 9% fee savings. Add it up and it is 18% to 35% saved between buyer and seller.
Post 89 IP   flag post
It makes it very simple to know when you'll have to pay sales tax:

Post 90 IP   flag post
@MySlabs I only use Registered Mail for shipping higher-dollar books. I know I will be paying for it, but is there a way of communicating in advance to a buyer that it will be Registered Mail, which means it will take longer and require a signature when it arrives? Should I put that in the title?
Post 91 IP   flag post
When someone purchases, you'll have the buyer's email address in your "Transaction History". I think on higher dollar items, folks will appreciate the added protection. It's fairly common and I've never heard of someone complaining as long as tracking is added within the expected 72 hour window.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, which one of you is selling the Amazing Adventures 11 9.2 for twice fmv?
Post 93 IP   flag post
@moodswing Or the FF 353, I believe, in 9.8 for $1,000.
Post 94 IP   flag post
@moodswing not me, I'm the one selling a FF 57 for twice what's it's worth, it has a lot of potential though!
Post 95 IP   flag post
I tried to send an offer and I keep on getting an error about my info not being filled out. Anybody else have this issue?
Post 96 IP   flag post
Definitely send a ticket using the support tab and the guys can get to the bottom of it for you quickly!
Post 97 IP   flag post
Btw did you sign up for an account?
Post 98 IP   flag post
@MySlabs

Yeah, they took care up it quickly. Apparently they needed my paypal address. I don't recall that being asked when I filled out my account.
Post 99 IP   flag post
The system doesn't allow bids/purchases without setting up a free buyer account as well as adding one's Paypal account info. It's a very fast (though required) process. If you already did both, definitely send a ticket and the support guys will pull up your account info and get to the bottom of it.
Post 100 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@MySlabs - When browsing a title, for example X-Men, how do I turn off the feature that keeps randomly adding an infinite number of books that were already displayed? I don’t want to waste my time re-seeing books again and again, I just want to see what’s available.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Sorry you're experiencing this. We've researched this and it seems to be an Apple iOS issue as it happens in various contexts with an infinite scrolling feed. One's bandwidth at any given time also seems to impact this. We may implement something down the road where only a certain number of items load and then one would have to click to another page and so on to view more content (as opposed to just scrolling).
Post 102 IP   flag post
It would be great if we could click on the book to enlarge the image. Moving the mouse around to see partially enlarged parts of the book here and there is maddening.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Sorry that's your experience! We actually A/B tested this feature with something similar to what you're suggesting and the majority of folks preferred to be able to hyper-zoom in on edges/corners and so on in this way especially those on a mobile device (like 75% of site browsers).
Post 104 IP   flag post
I prefer not to by a book off my cell phone. I like to see the entire book and not just the assigned grade. You can't really trust those. I'm old and probably not your target audience, lol.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601429 132 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?