Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
Office is fully staffed, send them fuckin books eh?

Three characters in search of a play. Collectibles industry is like a magnet for characters in search of a hustle. It's kind of hard to figure out who is worthy of "Industry Pro" status and who is just a character that stuck around for a long time.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
PGX, even we don't know what we're doing....
Post 27 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision6797
I have been using all 4 grading companies, to see how they stack up.

We all got to start somewhere. In all honesty, I used PGX almost exclusively before CBCS started in 2014. But I saw too much, I had to rationalize the soft grades. I had to over-ride my instincts and intuition too many times. I still have about 25 PGX slabs that I'm too skittish to sell on the open market. If you deal in PGX books you really do get labeled as a PGX guy and it makes people suspicious of your judgement and ethics.

I didn't buy a sketch cover from a seller on eBay because when I checked the rest of his inventory it was almost exclusively PGX books.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
It's new and improved !!! but somehow still the same.....

Like laundry detergent.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@DrWatson exactly
Post 30 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’d rather keep a comic in an urn and let it Rest In Peace than have it pgx’d. Unless there is some miracle of restoring their brand name I’ll never submit to them or purchase a pgx slab.

BTW my auto correct originally changed “restoring” to “retiring” which also be beneficial to the brand name.
Post 31 IP   flag post
PGX Is the chum bucket of comics...

If ya know, ya know.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
I have been using all 4 grading companies, to see how they stack up.

We all got to start somewhere. In all honesty, I used PGX almost exclusively before CBCS started in 2014. But I saw too much, I had to rationalize the soft grades. I had to over-ride my instincts and intuition too many times. I still have about 25 PGX slabs that I'm too skittish to sell on the open market. If you deal in PGX books you really do get labeled as a PGX guy and it makes people suspicious of your judgement and ethics.

I didn't buy a sketch cover from a seller on eBay because when I checked the rest of his inventory it was almost exclusively PGX books.

@DrWatson So you know exactly what I'm talking about. Also when I go to a show and a guy has multiple PGX books on the wall, I don't even care to engage with him. I know that something is off with either his judgement or his moral compass...and either way it will never work out in my favor.
Post 33 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have been using all 4 grading companies, to see how they stack up. CBCS is excellent with the grading and especially on the signature verification, which is where i will be sending more of my signed books. CGC use to be the Gold standard, but there have been too many issues with their Grading and also a lot of miss labelling, PGX, I have been happy with All but one of my Grading except one, and they quickly recified it. I am waiting on EGS , I sent two books to them , also requested custom labels. So far, CBCS is #1, followed by PGX (so far). CGC is third, due to a lot of issues they are going through. Am still waiting on EGS. All in all getting books graded for myself has been a learning experience. 52 years of collecting and have just slowly gotten into graded books this past 18 months. Keep up the good work CBCS

Thanks for the kind words!!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
I do. I try not to be judgemental. However, I also try very hard not to be stupid, especially with money.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Mikeoliver1313 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m super excited the last 12 months I’ve sent tons of comics to PGX. And no I’m not a new collector i’ve been collecting for 40 years I’ve never sold one book so I don’t care about resale value. Their turnaround time is eight weeks. As mentioned in my below post I linked I took a 9.0 ultimate fallout for CBCS cracked it open sent it to PGX and CGC it came back at a 9.0 put my PGX pictures we’re removed from the post. What does big bad CBCS have to be afraid of my removing my PGX pictures huh @sborock. I’m not debating CGC is number 1 and cbcs is number 2. I’m simply stating if I would never sell a book what Not send it to a company with a quicker turn around time a cheaper price

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/14384/page/1/difference-in-grading-companies/#1
Post 36 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Mikeoliver1313 Welcome to the forum!!!

PGX is sh!t!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoliver1313
I’m not debating CGC is number 1 and cbcs is number 2. I’m simply stating if I would never sell a book what Not send it to a company with a quicker turn around time a cheaper price

If you can't think of the obvious reasons, then for you there are no reasons at all. Keep it up! No point slowing down our TAT's over here if you don't need consistent and reliable grading.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I'm pretty sure it's the same logic as to why cbcs isn't allowed on cgc boards. That's my best guess.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Mikeoliver1313 Welcome to the forum!!!

PGX is sh!t!
well it’s a damn good thing your opinion doesn’t mean jack to me
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
I’m not debating CGC is number 1 and cbcs is number 2. I’m simply stating if I would never sell a book what Not send it to a company with a quicker turn around time a cheaper price

If you can't think of the obvious reasons, then for you there are no reasons at all. Keep it up! No point slowing down our TAT's over here if you don't need consistent and reliable grading.

I want consistent and reliable grading. that’s I chose pgx
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's the same logic as to why cbcs isn't allowed on cgc boards. That's my best guess.

@Comicninja0215 Does the policy really require defending? What requires explaining is @Mikeoliver1313's position. Why is he so insistent on taking a dump on the CBCS forum? How could someone lack social skills to such a degree?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
but CGC books are allowed to be posted
Post 43 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Mikeoliver1313 I don't know if you're aware of PGX's past. If not, check it out via Google search. If you are aware, then you're spending too much and waiting too long as putting your books in top loaders is pretty much the PGX equivalent.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Lockdown straight ahead!!!!
Post 45 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
So is CGC no better than or the same as PGX? I see lots of comments about bad grading or inconsistent grading from both PGX and CGC

Personally if PGX is trying to turn it around and put out a quality product at an affordable price and quick TAT I say more power to them.

No reason there should be a monopoly of grading by two companies
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Mikeoliver1313 I don't know if you're aware of PGX's past. If not, check it out via Google search. If you are aware, then you're spending too much and waiting too long as putting your books in top loaders is pretty much the PGX equivalent.
im very much aware. It’s called the past and everybody deserves a 2nd chance
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’m super excited the last 12 months I’ve sent tons of comics to PGX. And no I’m not a new collector i’ve been collecting for 40 years I’ve never sold one book so I don’t care about resale value. Their turnaround time is eight weeks. As mentioned in my below post I linked I took a 9.0 ultimate fallout for CBCS cracked it open sent it to PGX and CGC it came back at a 9.0 put my PGX pictures we’re removed from the post. What does big bad CBCS have to be afraid of my removing my PGX pictures huh @sborock. I’m not debating CGC is number 1 and cbcs is number 2. I’m simply stating if I would never sell a book what Not send it to a company with a quicker turn around time a cheaper price

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/14384/page/1/difference-in-grading-companies/#1

Well....1st pgx is not a certification company, they are barely a grading company.

I have cracked out so many pgx books with: Missing pages, undisclosed restoration, undisclosed tape and fake signatures. Not to mention selling their own books.

These guys are bad for all in our hobby and that's why you can't post pics here, we don't want to help legitimize them on here with novices then thinking "Hey PGX must be decent if people are posting their books".

As a hobbyist, I would buy a raw book that I have seen over a pgx "graded" book. To me, it's not how cheap and fast a service is, it's all about transparency, honor, consistent grading, a real restoration check and a real love for the people in our great hobby.
Post 48 IP   flag post
@MutantMania it's one thing to have questionable/lax grading..its another thing entirely different to have had corrupt practices.
Post 49 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia it's not but I thought I would try and justify it.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

@Comicninja0215 Does the policy really require defending? What requires explaining is @Mikeoliver1313's position. Why is he so insistent on taking a dump on
the CBCS forum? How could someone lack social skills to such a degree?

I’m not insistent on dumping on the forums. I simply stated my experience with the grades and I was blasted for my opinion and using PGX
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
So is CGC no better than or the same as PGX? I see lots of comments about bad grading or inconsistent grading from both PGX and CGC

Personally if PGX is trying to turn it around and put out a quality product at an affordable price and quick TAT I say more power to them.

No reason there should be a monopoly of grading by two companies
thank you!!! Someone with a head on the shoulders and using it
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
im very much aware. It’s called the past and everybody deserves a 2nd chance

If you have an emotional attachment to PGX, more power to you, sincerely.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@Mikeoliver1313 I hope you don't think I was blasting you. You asked me outright and I answered. That's all.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Since they got a second office, can we establish cbcs Canada offices?
Post 55 IP   flag post
601366 68 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?