Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Just got an update email for a mixed quickstream/rapid order.

USPS delivered 5-24
CBCS marked received 5-25, into pressing area.
Into grading 6-21.


And into production today.
Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Did the TAT for Modern go up from 13 to 14 weeks?

My books are in the 13th Week now so hopefully they will be shipping soon

and why are 1 Day and 2 Day Modern both 1 week TAT?
Post 402 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I get to join the refresh party!
1 rapid level comic delivered today, let's see how it goes. Patience activated!
Post 403 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrey66
Submitted 5-24 25 book pre screen
books confirmed delivered by USPS 5-27

6-22 invoice still reads "submitted" still no notification they have received my books

Customer Service says " we are backlogged" really just want to know they got my order...

a statement about the backlog, receiving and processing be nice..
it might exist and I am not seeing it ( 1st time customer)

I'm first time too dude, so I'm learning like you, think we newbies picked a bad time to dive in. my first order was 1 book, but one of my holy grails that will never leave my personal collection. Hang in there, you are not alone.
Post 404 IP   flag post
Collector Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Oops, looks like CBCS has started checking in my submissions, TATs just went Grading 13 wks to 14 wks and Pressing 15 wks to 18 wks.
Post 405 IP   flag post


Collector Mitch private msg quote post Address this user
Heard back from customer service, apparently mine are in labeling department que. They received my books Mar 18, 6 books standard grading with 2 VSP.
Post 406 IP   flag post
Collector newsstand_comix private msg quote post Address this user
Timing on my 40 book submission which included 2-day modern, quickstream, modern, consumer, and expanded all in one submission (next time I will submit on different tickets). Fast pass was purchased for the modern, consumer, and expanded books.

Delivered 5/28 (per FedEx)
Received 6/1
Processing 6/3
Grading 6/17
Production 6/23
Shipping 6/23
Shipped ????

So it looks like about 4-5 week turnaround for the lot assuming shipping doesn't take too long. All in with delivery I am assuming 6 weeks. No grades posted yet, thinking about a surprise opening.
Post 407 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Delivered 6/23 @2:04p by USPS
Received/Processing 6/24 @1:30p

mm
Post 408 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user
2/27/2021 all modern, no pressing order.
finally delivered back to me yesterday.
Post 409 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
JUST GOT AN EMAIL SAYING MY BOOKS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED.

It's been twenty weeks to the day that they were marked as "Received" to "Skipped"
Post 410 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
@timberghost I'm in the same boat. First time submission, 4 books. Canada Post showed "delivered" in early May, now late June and order still doesn't even show as "received" on CBCS website.
Post 411 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
1 rapid tier delivered 6/23
Received, charged and processing 6/24
Post 412 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
I see CBCS has been busy today...

Delivered by USPS - 5/27
Received - 6/24

It was submitted for fast press so no idea where it is in that process now
Post 413 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
So, I got an email from CBCS saying they shipped my books from their facility and they gave me a tracking number "through your carrier of choice of Canpar".

When I plunked in the number on Canpar's website, it didn't recognize it. But, when I plunked it into the "Universal Parcel Tracking" site, it says the package is being shipped to Canada via FedEx?

Not that it really matters, but I was under the impression that Universal Distributors were to go-between for CBCS and their Canadian customers (and then Universal Distributors would then use Canpar once the books arrived in Oakville)?
Post 414 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
****UPDATE****

I just got an automated call from FedEx Canada saying I will be charged duty fees.

To my Canadian buddies here, can you explain how you got these fees waived?
Post 415 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@MurrayC - Did you see this?

clickable text
Post 416 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo - Thank you!
Post 417 IP   flag post
Collector jhrey66 private msg quote post Address this user
Just to update I finally received the email my books have arrived 30 days after USPS delivery..my status is now -processing.
does anyone know if TAT starts when your books actually got there or when "Processing" begins? just curious as now I that know they got there in one piece I am good. Appreciate the forum support in the various threads with my newbie anxiety, thank you!.
Post 418 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
@esaravo - Thank you!

double thanks to Ed!! I don't have to type everything in again!!

Maybe I should keep a word doc version so when anyone asks I can just copy/paste!
Post 419 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
My books were Delivered may 1 to Oakville according to Canada Post.
I have not heard anything either. I cant say as i am liking this part of the process too much. I sit and i be patient. I think they are into febuary/march right now>? not certain though.
Post 420 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
So, I got an email from CBCS saying they shipped my books from their facility and they gave me a tracking number "through your carrier of choice of Canpar".

When I plunked in the number on Canpar's website, it didn't recognize it. But, when I plunked it into the "Universal Parcel Tracking" site, it says the package is being shipped to Canada via FedEx?

Not that it really matters, but I was under the impression that Universal Distributors were to go-between for CBCS and their Canadian customers (and then Universal Distributors would then use Canpar once the books arrived in Oakville)?



I wonder with the massive delays that Universal was creating if CBCS hasn't just decided to send books back with FedEx to ensure a reasonable amount of time while eating the cost difference?
Post 421 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics


I wonder with the massive delays that Universal was creating if CBCS hasn't just decided to send books back with FedEx to ensure a reasonable amount of time while eating the cost difference?


That's probably it... but it's funny the email SPECIFICALLY mentioned Canpar.
Post 422 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics


Maybe I should keep a word doc version so when anyone asks I can just copy/paste!


Or maybe ask CBCS to make a sticky forum topic?
Post 423 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrey66
Just to update I finally received the email my books have arrived 30 days after USPS delivery..my status is now -processing.
does anyone know if TAT starts when your books actually got there or when "Processing" begins? just curious as now I that know they got there in one piece I am good. Appreciate the forum support in the various threads with my newbie anxiety, thank you!.


TAT starts when the book is physically received.
Post 424 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
****UPDATE****

I just got an automated call from FedEx Canada saying I will be charged duty fees.

To my Canadian buddies here, can you explain how you got these fees waived?


I got them waived the first shipment I got back, but not the next 2 times. It's actually not duty, just $25 for customs clearance paperwork. This I can understand, somebody has to process the paperwork.

But this does sound like CBCS is skipping the Canadian office entirely for return shipping.
Post 425 IP   flag post
Collector newsstand_comix private msg quote post Address this user
Just a quick update on my order. I had 40 books submitted in 5 different categories of submissions: 2-day modern, quickstream, expanded fast pass, consumer fast pass, and modern fast pass. Here is the progression of events:

Delivered 5/28
Received 6/1
Processing 6/3
Grading 6/17
Production 6/23
Shipping 6/23
Shipped 6/24
Received 6/27 (per FedEx tracking)

so all in it will have been 30 days from delivery to return. Must say that I am quite pleased with the TAT, slightly disappointed on some of the grades (hoping to catch a break or two) but all in all a very good 1st CBCS submission experience.
Post 426 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Just got an update email for a mixed quickstream/rapid order.

USPS delivered 5-24
CBCS marked received 5-25, into pressing area.
Into grading 6-21.


And into production today.


And shipping today. Those last two steps were 6-22 for production and 6-25 for shipping.
Post 427 IP   flag post
Collector Spidey62 private msg quote post Address this user
😬😬😬😬 - 7 weeks, and still in "received". 2 consumer and 2 quickstream.
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
TATs just went Grading 13 wks to 14 wks and Pressing 15 wks to 18 wks.


So 28-32 weeks. Ugh.

As a point of reference, my submission (all moderns with pressing) received on 10/26/20 took 24 weeks to get return,

My books with them now (similar submission) are at 25 weeks and still “processing”.
Post 429 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It's only going up, I should've submitted in May, now it's too late to get them in time to sell before the new tax laws.
Post 430 IP   flag post
418654 999 30