Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Pedigrees

From the personal collection of Frank Brunner13799

Collector BuytheRedCar private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone. My first post on these forums. I've seen a number of CBCS golden age slabs with the notation that the book is from the personal collection of Frank Brunner. I can't find anything online about his collection. Lots about his art, just nothing about about his comic collection. Does anyone know of a write up?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know of any write ups, but I have a couple "from collection" slabs because I know the artist, so maybe it's a similar situation here.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
And welcome
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
“From the Collection of” is not referencing a known collection of books. Instead, it is an option when a creator personally submits a number of books, often signed but not necessarily, for grading. I believe it needs to be arranged with CBCS ahead of time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BuytheRedCar - Welcome to the forums. I have to ask, what color is your car?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
“From the Collection of” is not referencing a known collection of books. Instead, it is an option when a creator personally submits a number of books, often signed but not necessarily, for grading. I believe it needs to be arranged with CBCS ahead of time.

In my case; Mike Royer was with me at the CBCS booth Preview Night SDCC '19. He brought his file copies to try to sell, and he gave me first crack at going through them since I drove him to, and assisted him throughout the show. I chose two (ultimately I would buy them all, but that was after four days when only a couple books were purchased) and 'dragged' him to the booth- He explained to Jake that they were his, that I bought them (which I did), and he witnessed Mike signing them.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you all for your responses. I did not know that "from the personal collection of ..." was a designation which could be chosen to be applied to books which were owned and created and/or signed by artists.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@BuytheRedCar Welcome to the forum!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuytheRedCar
Thank you all for your responses. I did not know that "from the personal collection of ..." was a designation which could be chosen to be applied to books which were owned and created and/or signed by artists.

The trick is proving the book belonged to someone significant. Not sure what would work other than having the creator right there while the paperwork is being completed, or informing the witness when the book is being signed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I also recall seeing aome books with the notation "From the personal collection of Jerry Garcia." So not all of these "personal collection" labeled booka are submitted by comic artists-owners. I was thinking it was more like the Nicolas Cage or Jon Berk etc designations from that other company.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock

Steve, thanks for the welcome. It's not often that the person in charge reaches out. It made me feel good that you took the time.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuytheRedCar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock

Steve, thanks for the welcome. It's not often that the person in charge reaches out. It made me feel good that you took the time.

I really like meeting new hobbyists and, when I have the time, I like to hang with all the good people on here. Hope you like it as well!
Post 12 IP   flag post
598038 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?