Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Collectors SetsCBCS Signature VSPComics Silver AgeSignatures

Neal Adams Personal collections13370

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I got these back on Friday and just now showing them off. First time I used CGC and I had to call them to get my books sent back to me. Because they are busy taking care of the in house signing people first. But any way Neal only uses CGC is what I was told and that’s why they are CGC.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
It was my understanding that to get the "From the collection of..." designation, CGC required a LARGE submission, like 500+ comics. That was the case when I subbed the books from the Harlan Ellison Collection years ago.

Now it looks like they're doing it as long as you can prove the provenance.

If that's the case, I'm happy for this change, which perhaps only happened because of CGC having CBCS as a competitor.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I have books from Dave Cockrum's and Gene Colan's personal collections that I've wanted to get slabbed but only if I could get it on the label.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatterEaterLad
It was my understanding that to get the "From the collection of..." designation, CGC required a LARGE submission, like 500+ comics. That was the case when I subbed the books from the Harlan Ellison Collection years ago.

Now it looks like they're doing it as long as you can prove the provenance.

If that's the case, I'm happy for this change, which perhaps only happened because of CGC having CBCS as a competitor.

Neal Adams sent in a shipment of books and I used my free account with cgc to pay for my books to get graded and pressed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
I had to call them to get my books sent back to me. Because they are busy taking care of the in house signing people first.

That would explain why my books are taking 4-5 months. Stupid in-house signing. Why do they get moved to the front of the line? Preposterous!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:
I had to call them to get my books sent back to me. Because they are busy taking care of the in house signing people first.

That would explain why my books are taking 4-5 months. Stupid in-house signing. Why do they get moved to the front of the line? Preposterous!

I agree it shouldn’t matter if they are mailed in or if they are in house signing first in first out should be the way.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
[

Have promos at CBCS ever gotten moved to the front of the line?

Quote:
I have books from Dave Cockrum's and Gene Colan's personal collections that I've wanted to get slabbed but only if I could get it on the label.

I have 3 books from Frank Miller's personal collection.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head, how did you buy books from Neal's personal collection? where they advertised somewhere? I don't recall seeing anything from CGC regarding anyone's collection sale? I might've been interested, depending on price of course.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@Zombie_Head, how did you buy books from Neal's personal collection? where they advertised somewhere? I don't recall seeing anything from CGC regarding anyone's collection sale? I might've been interested, depending on price of course.

He sells original art and books on Facebook just about everyday. It’s great to watch.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I don't use social media but I do have a FB account that I use about once a year. can you send me a link? (if that's how it works)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I don't use social media but I do have a FB account that I use about once a year. can you send me a link? (if that's how it works)

I don’t think I can send it to you on here. But search these and you will find it. Crusty Bunker is his comics book ship in California.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'd love to see the Colan books (if you're willing to show them).
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head, Thanks!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:

Happy to. I have a bunch. Here's a sample. Plus an original splash page.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:

Happy to. I have a bunch. Here's a sample. Plus an original splash page.

Thanks so much for sharing. Colan is one of my favorites. I never got to meet him. I collect Daredevil sketches of his when I can afford them.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user

I’m know it’s not as cool as Neal Adams but I was lucky enough to get one of these.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I have a couple signed by him...

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I have a couple signed by him...

Man that Superman I want. That’s an awesome book. Congrats.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure that's the reason. At least, my last shipment didn't take that long. It shipped earlier today, and it was "received" on October 14th. So about six weeks total? Not bad, really.

That's the modern tier though. The Value and Economy tiers are taking WAY longer. I have a Value tier batch, it arrived on 8/21 and still hasn't been graded. And I thought Economy would go faster, being more expensive? But it's not. Currently, Economy is listed as just as bad as Value (67 days for Economy, vs. 70 days for Value). My Economy submission was received on 10/6 and hasn't moved an inch.

Also, if you get them pressed first, it adds TONS of time to your shipment. Fifteen more weeks? Forget it. That's three-and-a-half months added! I'd rather use my own guy, get it there in 4-5 weeks.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Quote:

That would explain why my books are taking 4-5 months. Stupid in-house signing. Why do they get moved to the front of the line?
Preposterous!

I'm not sure that's the reason. At least, my last shipment didn't take that long. It shipped earlier today, and it was "received" on October 14th. So about six weeks total? Not bad, really.

That's the modern tier though. The Value and Economy tiers are taking WAY longer. I have a Value tier batch, it arrived on 8/21 and still hasn't been graded. And I thought Economy would go faster, being more expensive? But it's not. Currently, Economy is listed as just as bad as Value (67 days for Economy, vs. 70 days for Value). My Economy submission was received on 10/6 and hasn't moved an inch.

Also, if you get them pressed first, it adds TONS of time to your shipment. Fifteen more weeks? Forget it. That's three-and-a-half months added! I'd rather use my own guy, get it there in 4-5 weeks.

That’s the reason billing manager told me. He apologized and had them sent out in 3 days.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
That’s the reason billing manager told me. He apologized and had them sent out in 3 days.

What tier were they?
Post 21 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. Super cool IMO.
Post 22 IP   flag post
598100 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?