Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in from an auction win. A solid copy aside from the top-right corner.

Post 876 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Some swamp goodness.

Post 877 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Personal grail arrived today...

Congrats.
Post 878 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I love it when multiple orders line up and arrive on the same day!

The Marvel vs DC books are thanks to @Studley_Dudley and will go towards my current custom binding project! I just need a few books left!

On the bottom left is the Marvel Limited release of The Complete Frank Miller Spider-Man. I’m aiming to eventually collect all the Marvel Limited books and with this one I will need 4 more and I already spotted the one I’m aiming for next!

On the bottom left is the Original Clone Saga TPB which collects the original storyline featuring the Jackal and introducing Spider-Man’s clone that would return decades later in the infamous Clone Saga storyline

Post 879 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Though technically not new, I had book pressed and regraded since I accidentally cracked the case of the last holder. I ended up the same as what I went in with white with 7.5.....

Post 880 IP   flag post

Three orders came in yesterday.

I’ll start with a couple from the “low grade is better than no grade” department. These aren’t new to me, but newly graded.

The Flash is from the collection I purchased in November. It’s one I’ve always wanted and bonus, it came back .5 higher than I’d expected.

The Batman has been in my collection for a few years. Finally got it slabbed.

I’ll be looking to upgrade these in the next year or so. Just nice placeholders & I’m happy to have these in my P.C.

Post 881 IP   flag post
Then after completing my raw Human Fly run, I thought it would be a fun pet project to slowly collect the run in 9.8. I already have #1 anyway, so, why not?

I won both of these from the same seller last week & I got a killer deal on #2 at literally half the typical going rate. I remember this one was once considered “scarce”. I’m not sure that’s still the case, but it’s sweet to have in such high grade.

If anybody coincidentally has slabbed 9.8 Human Fly books kicking around, drop me a PM.

And while I’m technically double-dipping, this 9.8 Popped Wheat Dick Tracy giveaway comic from 1947 finally arrived yesterday as well.

Post 882 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Huge thank you to @Jabberwookie!

Beautiful copy to go with my Mephisto original art.

Post 883 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
New again to me....Found this in a box. Remember cassettes?

Post 884 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

More 80's odds and ends that I picked up recently.
Post 885 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

Sweet!

I guess I didn’t realize it matched your original art?

This makes me even more happy to sell you that book!

Congrats!!!
Post 886 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up at Frank & Sons just cause it was a good deal so, why not?
Post 887 IP   flag post

Post 888 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 889 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fads89

Is that an original Manara sketch cover? Not familiar with the title, but beautiful work.
No, just a variant cover.
Post 890 IP   flag post

Post 891 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Maxx #2 Blue Ashcan- #252 of 800 copies.

Post 892 IP   flag post
Just got these. There are vintage labels on the bags for the Spideys. Looks like a custom comic bag sealer from the 70’s or 80’s maybe earlier.

These books had cobwebs on them I have a feeling they have been sitting hidden away for decades. I got 18 as well and a few silver age FF’s.

Post 893 IP   flag post
Kinda beat up, but for 40$ shipped I hope it was worth it....

Post 894 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Hit my second local comic show of the year on Sunday.

Here is my haul:

Marvel

DC

Various

Post 895 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Once and Future! Such a good series
Post 896 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in the mail today.

Nothing really outstanding, but I like the Vampirella Dark Power covers.

Post 897 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

bought these from an OfferUp ad. Great deal, I'll be going back for more. The dead world 10 was a eBay win, first crow ad.
Post 898 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Found these and had to add to my Angela collection:

Post 899 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Love the Giant-size X-Men!
Post 900 IP   flag post
Collector Cody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU
Just got these. There are vintage labels on the bags for the Spideys. Looks like a custom comic bag sealer from the 70’s or 80’s maybe earlier.

These books had cobwebs on them I have a feeling they have been sitting hidden away for decades. I got 18 as well and a few silver age FF’s.

That looks like it is from the former "Talking Illustrations" comic store in New Westminster. It closed after the owner passed away in 2010.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Collector agamoto private msg quote post Address this user
I’m in the process of inventorying and getting a rough grade on every book in my collection to sell or trade it all away.

I came across an item I simply can’t find any information on. I know it’s worth a lot, but I can’t find any historical sales info on it.

Dark horse 3 comic blister pack with a newsstand heir to the empire 1, a droids embossed cover #1 variant and a third comic that I can’t see. Very thick plastic blister pack. Comics are in outstanding shape.

Anyone know what the third comic was? Think I should crack out and press/grade or leave it as is? If so, what kind of value to assign it?

Post 902 IP   flag post
You have to find out what that last book is before submitting so I would say go ahead and open it.
Post 903 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

didnt know this came in today, an original from another board member who drew it, Eddie Rodriguez. The man has talent. Just love this cover
Post 904 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU

That looks like it is from r bagsthe former "Talking Illustrations" comic store in New Westminster. It closed after the owner passed away in 2010.

Thank you, I had never heard of it before. It sounded as if it was around for a long time. I’d never seen a shop that had produced their own seals for bags but it makes sense.

Best.
Post 905 IP   flag post
601464 999 30