Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

Charges for verifying signature (Reject / Grade Screening / Other)?13158

Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, new to CBCS and looking to utilize the Verify Signature program for some books I have signed.

Had some questions when I was filling out the submit form that I hope someone will clarify for me so I do not fill it out incorrectly.

1) Is there a charge if signature is rejected? If it is rejected, I will choose not to encapsulate.

2) If I select Press Screen which is $5 to see if I need to press or not, and if it looks like I would benefit, would I be charged $12 or $7 more? Will this add on additional time if I benefit from one? It states 10-12 weeks right now.

3) If I choose Grade Screening True option and if it does not meet, it would be rejected, what is the charge?

4) It looks like I can submit a CGC book as well (I have a green label slab), can I send in the slab for them to crack and verify? What is charge for cracking?

TIA
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
1) The signature verification fee is paid regardless of whether the signature passes or not. There is no additional fee if the signature fails verification

2) Press screen is a separate fee so if it is determine that the book would benefit from a press then you would be charged the full pressing fees on top of the screening fee. If any book passes grade screen the whole order will wait for the books in pressing which is an addition ~13 weeks at the moment

3) There is no charge for books that do not meet the grade screen criteria unless a significant number of the books fail the screening at which point I believe it is like $5 per book

4) They do not charge for cracking a slab from either company. Just be aware that the book may not receive the same grade previously assigned by CGC

I highly recommend you check out the Newbie’s Guide as it includes a lot of information for submitting books as well as the services offered by CBCS
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks so much for the info, @dielinfinite. That does clear things up.

I will check out the Newbie Guide you mention for future. Was reviewing the online help for some guidance.

One follow up question, what is the time period for doing the verification? Currently slabbing is 4-6 weeks, how much more does it add to it?

TIA
Post 3 IP   flag post
@waynemel Signature verification ostensibly adds a week or so but in my experience it happens concurrently with the other steps so it is not actually noticable.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Small update. I had reached out to customer service to verify some signatures and they said they could verify all that my books had signed. Appreciate their quick response. So I packed up some of the books and dropped off at the Post Office. 4 raw books and 1 CGC Green Label Slab (my mistake sending it there) Also chose to press and used their special / coupon for 20% off.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Just remember, when they say they can verify them, they mean that they have examples on record to do the verification but the books can still pass or fail when they are examined.

Good luck!
Post 7 IP   flag post
True. Fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@waynemel Maybe you are talking about two different books, but I can't imagine using Grade Screen in combination with Signature Verification. If the signature verifies, get it slabbed. If it does not verify, don't get it slabbed. I can't think of any other choice that would make sense.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600882 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?