Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

CBCS 101: A Newbie's Guide.9896

Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijohnson
So, if I send them in with my next order....
Once corrected, will CBCS send the back to me separately from that order? Or, shipped back with that order?

Only if you put them on a separate order and want to pay extra shipping (as far as I know). Otherwise they'll come back with the rest of your books.

Quote:
And Im just not getting how something like this happens.

Mistake in slabbing and quality control. If you look around enough you see examples of the wrong label being put with the wrong book, typos, etc. Here they have the wrong color paper.
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I thought I heard that when CBCS got rid of the 'red' for sigs, that they were also eliminating the blue. All were gonna be yellow. Cant find anything on that now though. We will see.
Nope
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector jedijohnson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
You should get them back separately as they will input it as a separate, free, order. Mistakes happen, unfortunately. I’ve had everything from swapped labels, wrong issue information, and even signed books come back in a blue label. Stick around long enough and it will happen wherever you go.

True. Makes it hard for those of us who stick up for CBCS when other collectors and comic shop roll-their-eyes in conversations of grading and CGC as the standard.

But lately I'm seeing more and more QA issues with CBCS.
On my last submission, I got a Clone Wars #1 graded at 9.8. Great right?
Except the label doesn't list a single bit of amplifying information. That's right. No mention of the 1st appearance of Ahsoka Tano. I looked up other CBCS graded CW1 slabs, and they did mention the 1st appearance. Are there no standards set for those who process the graded comic and QA the final product?
Like these latest mistakes, it was recommended that I send it back in for correction.
No thanks. Not gonna risk a 9.8 CW1 going through the USPS and reslabbing processing again.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector jedijohnson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Called 'customer service'. They could not say why. They gonna check with the graders, and let me know, in 24-48 hours.

A full week gone by, and nothing from CBCS about this.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector markiemark0764 private msg quote post Address this user
Will I be able to see the picture and grade of the 2 Day Modern book while waiting for the other books to be graded?
Post 55 IP   flag post

If they are all on the same order, no. Grader's notes are released once the order has shipped from the CBCS facility.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This seems as good a place to post this as any.
Is there any chance the Gallery can be tweaked a bit so entries can be organized? It's kinda irritating loading a title run and seeing #1,#300, #2, #3, #72, #5, gap, gap, gap, #4, #12, #6...
Post 57 IP   flag post
Unfortunately no
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Bummer- This has been covered somewhere already (wouldn't be surprised if I already asked)?
Looks like Ed's (X-Men run) idea of a thread is the way to go.
Post 59 IP   flag post
336793 59 9