Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Archived: Amazing Spider-Man 300: What's the Grade?12558

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Archived Thread

4 months ago I asked the forum to grade my ASM 300. I sent it to CGC and below is the result.

Above is the link to the archived thread.

Amazing Spider-Man 300 5/88
Grade: 7.5 WHITE

Grader Notes:
light bends to cover
light staining to cover
spine stress lines breaks color
wear all corners cover breaks color
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks better than a 7.5 but the defects dictate... Solid looking issue and presents amazingly...

See what I did there??? : )
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC

I'm assuming the book was not pressed?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte correct, not pressed....possible grade bump with a press....might consider it at a later time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
Looks better than a 7.5 but the defects dictate... Solid looking issue and presents amazingly...

See what I did there??? : )

Ha! I see it!

Thanks!! I'm pleased with the grade...could get a bump with a press tho.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
I think the spine ticks on the back cover did it. The back cover has lots of black, making this book highly susceptible. Also the soft bottom right corner.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Love these. Apparently I didn't partake in the initial thread so I went back and looked at that thread and the images before seeing the results. I honestly had it at exactly a 7.5
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Great book glad the forum didn't set unreasonable expectations.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@flanders Thanks!! Yup, the forum got it right!! Great to see this!

@moodswing Good call!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck I think you're right!! Thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
looks like a 50 to 100.00 dollar difference up to a 9.0...at least for now...so what's it cost to press and regrade these days? 50 or 75.00 including shipping both ways...may not be cost effective especially if after all that, it doesn't get a bump
Post 11 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher CBCS charges $16 per other pressers charge $10 and up. If you are already sending for grading it’s usually worth it.

@GAC Nice copy. Shoot me a PM if you ever sell😉
Post 12 IP   flag post
616634 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?