Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Comic Submission Issue/Inusred Value & Grade Screening?12406

Collector IllogicalSpore private msg quote post Address this user
Recently I have started an account in hopes of submitting Four Comics I purchased a great while ago to be Graded, Verified, Pressed, and Encapsulated however I have reached a very frustrating impasse in the online submission system pages. Each time I submit a comic form and attempt to select a Grade Screening the page ignores my selection and presets to "None". I do not desire this and wish to submit a complete form to streamline the process. I have come to believe after a thorough review of my submitted information that the issue may root from the Input Insured Value of the books, however after attempting SEVERAL values from as small as $1-5 to my initial paid price of around $300 and none allow ANY Grade Screening Selection to made AT ALL. I have cross referenced Values and Market Values from every Modern Comic Source/Market from ComicPriceGuide(Gemstone), ComicBookRealm, GoCollect, QualityComix, etc. and no value seems to satisfy the form.

Am I missing Something?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Strange, it seems to be working for me.

Make sure the tier you select is set to Consumer as the screening service is not available at the expedited services such as 2-day modern, 1-day, and Quickstream. If any of those tiers are selected, and I believe setting an insured value above $250 (the limit for regular modern tier) the system will default to 2-day modern (assuming it is a modern book) which will disable the grade screen option.

When you add your book(s) to the cart is it showing the total as $0.00? If so that means the grade screen option has worked as the final totals won’t be calculated until the books have been screened and they know which books will be graded.

If you have additional questions, be sure to check out the Newbie’s Guide
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ggovel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllogicalSpore
Recently I have started an account in hopes of submitting Four Comics I purchased a great while ago to be Graded, Verified, Pressed, and Encapsulated however I have reached a very frustrating impasse in the online submission system pages. Each time I submit a comic form and attempt to select a Grade Screening the page ignores my selection and presets to "None". I do not desire this and wish to submit a complete form to streamline the process. I have come to believe after a thorough review of my submitted information that the issue may root from the Input Insured Value of the books, however after attempting SEVERAL values from as small as $1-5 to my initial paid price of around $300 and none allow ANY Grade Screening Selection to made AT ALL. I have cross referenced Values and Market Values from every Modern Comic Source/Market from ComicPriceGuide(Gemstone), ComicBookRealm, GoCollect, QualityComix, etc. and no value seems to satisfy the form.

Am I missing Something?

Grade Screening will result in books not being graded if they fall below whatever grade you select. Is that what you are looking for, or do you want them graded regardless of outcome?
Post 3 IP   flag post
No, I desire the books be graded regardless but again I wish to input a Grade Screening selection into the box but the system does not allow it. I make a selection and no option is correctly input.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@IllogicalSpore Did you check my post above? The system seems to be working
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yes and the problem Still persists. The service is set to Consumer, the whatever market value I have now given up and am now default setting to just $8 for all the books, but the Grade Screening is still not available to input ANY value for ANY of them. The system has given me a total cost for all the books around $396 at $99 each. Again, what am I missing?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
I think you need to post screenshots, because I can't even figure out what the problem seems to be from your description and I'm getting no errors adding books for submission on my end.
Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post
Very Well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
After full Submission of the Relevant data when one attempts to select a Grade Screening Rating, regardless of the selection made the form does not submit the selection at all.

@kon_jelly
Post 10 IP   flag post
This screen exclusively does not function on the form for myself. PC/Mobile/Laptop all included.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Okay, I think I’ve replicated the issue. I’ll have to wait until I get home to see what’s happening and hopefully there is a solution
Post 12 IP   flag post
It feels Good to be validated.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I thought you had to submit about 25 books to do the grade screening. Not sure though.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
I thought you had to submit about 25 books to do the grade screening. Not sure though.

That's the shitbags at CGC.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@IllogicalSpore Okay, so the issue isn't with the insured value field. For some reason the grade screen feature isn't working when a signature, either Authentic or Verified, is added to a book.

I don't know any reason why this would be the case. I can maybe it not being allowed with Verified signatures because the VSP process could conflict with the grade screen but I don't think that is likely. It also wouldn't make sense that the system not work Authentic Signatures, so I'm thinking this is a bug. I'll send a message to customer service as well as @Darry_H.

I can't guarantee that this will be fixed soon so my recommendation would be to use the correct insured value and include the signatures as you create your invoice. When you print the invoice to include with your books I would write "Grade Screen:" followed the grade between 3.0 and 9.8 that you would like them screened for next to each book you would like screened. Just a heads up, while signature verification and grading fees are only billed if the books pass the grade screen, the $10 fast pass fee per book is charged regardless.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Wow good call. Here's where I think my confusion came in:

Quote:
No, I desire the books be graded regardless but again I wish to input a Grade Screening selection into the box but the system does not allow it. I make a selection and no option is correctly input.

So why would it matter if the grade screen field works if you don't want a grade screen?
Post 17 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon_jelly
Wow good call. Here's where I think my confusion came in:

Quote:

So why would it matter if the grade screen field works if you don't want a grade screen?

I was thinking this very thing as well.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This strikes me as the kind of submission that gets lost in the CBCS system for 6 months at a time. So complicated. If they are actually signed, make it easy on yourself and CBCS. Just use signature verification, if it passes you're going to want it slabbed regardless so move it along to pressing. If it doesn't pass, don't get it pressed or slabbed because you're better off keeping it raw. At least a raw book doesn't have a big ol label that says "did not pass signature verification".
Post 19 IP   flag post
People, I desire a Grade Screen. I added the signatures to be verified by CBCS Third-Party Services. I'm not sure where within my messages I have stated I did not desire a Grade Screening for my books.
Post 20 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@IllogicalSpore A grade screen means if the book does not obtain the grade it will not be encapsulated. If you're going to encapsulate regardless of grade, why grade screen then?
Post 21 IP   flag post
@IllogicalSpore what seems to be confusing people is this exchange:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggovel
Grade Screening will result in books not being graded if they fall below whatever grade you select. Is that what you are looking for, or do you want them graded regardless of outcome?
Quote:

This seems to indicate that you want the books graded regardless of the outcome (of the grade screen) which would make the grade screen superfluous.

Regardless, the issue with the submission form appears to be a bug, if not then it requires some clarification on CBCS' part on what services are and are not compatible with a grade screen.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Okay, so the official word from CBCS is that grade screen is not available with their signature services.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense that it would not be compatible with Signature Verification because if the book passes screening but fails verification then the signature would count against the grade, bringing it below the grade it was screened for. Do it the other way and they would have to charge for and complete signature verification before screening and that defeats a lot of the purpose of screening since you would have to pay a significant fee (verification) before screening.

I still can’t see a significant justification for why the service does not work with witnessed signatures
Post 23 IP   flag post
601333 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?