Joe Sinnott Passes Away12233

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Facebook link
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
RIP sir. Thank you for all you did.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
So very sad! He brought us so much enjoyment and was a very nice man. RIP Joe.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I saw him last at his local Albany show in November.

Always a class act every time I saw him.

RIP Joe Sinnott.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Rest in peace, Sir.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Joltin’ Joe was truly one of the greats. Very sad to hear of his passing 😞.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Sad news. I remember I had him sign my Giant Size Fantastic Four #4 a few years ago at Terrificon. It was a comic he said he had not seen in a while. His enthusiasm and joy of flipping through the book to look at his work is something I'll never forget.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The best... just the best in so many ways
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Never met the man, but its impossible to collect comics and not be familiar with his vast legacy...RIP Sir
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This is so very sad indeed.

RIP
Post 10 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, Mr. Sinnott. I wish I could've met him at least once. Just once.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Sad news indeed. RIP Joe! Thanks for the loyalty to all of us fans, and to the medium
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Morgd120 private msg quote post Address this user
Had the pleasure of meeting him at East Coast Comic Con 2019. Went there just for him. Great man and artist, very nice. Got some books signed, glad I did.

RIP “Joltin Joe”..
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
Very sad news. A giant in the field, whose work defined an era and influenced those who came after. RIP Mr. Sinnott.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Another huge loss. I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and he was the nicest and most humble guy in the world. He genuinely loved hearing from the people at cons and enjoyed seeing his work being treated with such reverence and respect. I called him Gentleman Joe Sinnott. RIP sir.
Post 15 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Never met him but I recognize his impact, nonetheless. Thanks, Joe.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Rest in Peace Joe Sinnott.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector ggovel private msg quote post Address this user
Rest In Peace Joltin’ Joe Sinnott

I may have posted this on here before, but it’s such an awesome story that I have to share it again.

In 1978, when I was ten years old, Joe sketched the Human Torch for me in a library parking lot. I had the chance to share that sketch with him last year. An unforgettable experience for me!! Check out the story behind this sketch at:

http://collectorsyndicate.com/then-and-now-with-joe-sinnott/

Three books that Joe signed for me at that library in 1978 are with CBCS now for VSP.

Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 19 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Sad yes, but also incredible to think about the life he must have lived in those 93 years. Born in 1926 at the end of the roaring 20's. The man experienced 11 different decades. Grew up through the depression of the 1930's. Turned 18 just barely in time to participate in the end of WWII (can't be more than a handful of WWII vets still living). Came home to scratch out a living doing something he loved, creating an artistic legacy while raising the Baby Boomer generation. And then to spend the last 30 or more years going to Shows to meet and talk with all those adoring fans, putting a face to all those people who had been enjoying his work for all those years. Awesome life for sure.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Nchatzi7 private msg quote post Address this user
One of the best illustrators ever! Your work will be thought off highly forever!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 22 IP   flag post
Speaking of 1950 St John Mopsy #12 - Joe's 1st published art - I thought I'd show this.
Joe got a big smile when I asked him to sign this copy.

Post 23 IP   flag post
It took me about 5 years to find this issue on Ebay btw.
I had a search item for Mopsy 12 all that time and it never showed until one day an auction popped up. I had no intention of losing the auction
Post 24 IP   flag post
601226 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?