Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeComics Restoration and ConservationComics Silver Age

CBCS launches Census/Graded Population Report11814

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
WoooHooo - Braggin' rights, I have the ONLY 2 WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams to grade at 9.9 with NONE Higher!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
BOOM, there it is! - My Hellstorm: Prince of Lies 9.9 is the Single Highest Graded!
Post 53 IP   flag post
This is Great CBCS...Not for my highest grades, but now this gives us collectors (and sellers also) a broader resource with which to make decisions. Hopefully outside resources like GoCollect and such will adopt this broader and enhanced reporting.

Cudos to you CBCS!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
This is Great CBCS...Not for my highest grades, but now this gives us collectors (and sellers also) a broader resource with which to make decisions. Hopefully outside resources like GoCollect and such will adopt this broader and enhanced reporting.

Cudos to you CBCS!

I think it will be a big boost for resale value. Consumer confidence in CBCS will go up in the community.
Post 55 IP   flag post

@dielinfinite 's GAME: Census Highlander is going to be addicting.

clickable text
Post 56 IP   flag post

Post 57 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

clickable text

For you and about 3 others, yes! The chances that I have a book unique to the census are between none and none.
Post 58 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller Stop by my office...Let's change that.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Assuming there is a book that is unique to both CBCS and CGC census, it would be interesting to watch the two of us haggle over price on a book that has never been sold before. I would want to film it.
Post 60 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

clickable text

For you and about 3 others, yes! The chances that I have a book unique to the census are between none and none.

So... like two or three?
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by danberry75
This is awesome! I went and checked 2 of my books...they happen to be the only ones in that grade on the census

I checked also and have 4 in the top slots that no one else has. Just a side question, will this make those books worth more knowing that they are the highest grades known?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

Assuming there is a book that is unique to both CBCS and CGC census, it would be interesting to watch the two of us haggle over price on a book that has never been sold before. I would want to film it.

Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
This is awesome! I went and checked 2 of my books...they happen to be the only ones in that grade on the census

I checked also and have 4 in the top slots that no one else has. Just a side question, will this make those books worth more knowing that they are the highest grades known?

A qualified yes. If someone knows that there are none currently graded higher or that it is the only graded example, some people...not all, will pay more than what would be a relatively appropriate price.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

Depends on the book, but if it's high grade drek then probably not.
Post 65 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Where's my 1939 Detective Comics #27 9.8??????
This census stinks!
Post 66 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Where's my 1939 Detective Comics #27 9.8??????
This census stinks!

LOL!
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
I am so excited!!!
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
why can i not find my book in the Census X-Factor #24 Double Cover 18-2100C6B-006 ???
Post 69 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I'll drink to this.
Post 70 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
why can i not find my book in the Census X-Factor #24 Double Cover 18-2100C6B-006 ???

Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion

Awesome book1
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
X-Factor #24 Double Coverso there 83 double covers books in 9.8 , lol that can be right.
Post 73 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Scorpion no, that just means theres 83 9.8s

Edit: no, I'm wrong...not sure what that 83 # means...

Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector B3Chandler private msg quote post Address this user
This was a bit of good news that I discovered earlier in my email, couldn't be happier for the community! Now let's get out there and keep growing this census!
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
what about all the cbcs comics that were converted over to cgc? I have done a lot of them myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon_jelly
Quote:
what about all the cbcs comics that were converted over to cgc? I have done a lot of them myself

I'm guessing the same thing that happens for the CGC comics that were converted over to CBCS - nothing. It's not really possible for the original grading company to keep tabs on it once it leaves the building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:
Quote:

I'm guessing the same thing that happens for the CGC comics that were converted over to CBCS - nothing. It's not really possible for the original grading company to keep tabs on it once it leaves the building.
As for CGC, if you crack a book, just send in the label and it will be removed from the census. Not sure if CBCS will follow suit.

I know that CBCS will send the CGC labels back to the CGC. I've had books removed off their census back in 2016ish. I don't know the CGC would extend that same courtesy to CBCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
I have cracked several books from CGC, sent in the labels, not removed from their census. I stopped doing it. No hope for that to be done right.

As for CGC, if you crack a book, just send in the label and it will be removed from the census. Not sure if CBCS will follow suit.

Borock covered this topic like a month ago - post 43 https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/11609/page/2/cbcs-questions-concerns/
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It's so cool that you can see the grader notes when looking up a book. Congrats on getting this up and running.

Wow, you get all the books that they have graded! Beyond nice!

I wonder about the information on some books that cannot be found when looking for the graded comic serial number?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
It's so cool that you can see the grader notes when looking up a book. Congrats on getting this up and running.

Where do you find the graders notes without having to copy paste the invoice #'s? Is there a hyperlink to notes right from the census?
Post 78 IP   flag post
nevermind...I see it now....looking at the census on a phone is not the best way.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
nevermind...I see it now....looking at the census on a phone is not the best way.

Yeah, I was looking at it on the desktop while "working". The phone was a little unwieldy to look at the census with.
Post 80 IP   flag post
597962 127 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?