CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Pressing Update11521

Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone’s Mid September books back yet?
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector HULK2K20 private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to submit books for pressing without grading? I don't see that option when submitting books. Pressing just appears as an add-on to grading.
Post 127 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@HULK2K20 I don't believe you can do that. If you press it must be graded. If I'm wrong, my apologies.
Post 128 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@HULK2K20 If you just want your books pressed and sent back there are cheaper and MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH faster options out there
Post 129 IP   flag post
Any recommendations?
Post 130 IP   flag post

I personally use CFP Comics. He actually used to press books for CBCS before they started doing it in-house. His turnaround time right now is like 2-3 weeks. I'm still waiting on pressed books from CBCS from September of last year
Post 131 IP   flag post
Thanks. I'll check them out
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector miltont private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings

I want submit a Star Wars Lando #1 signed by Billy Dee Williams
When he signed the comic, they gave me a Certificate of Authenticity and they also put a hologram sticker on
the comic.

My question is what would be the services i must choose if i want to have it graded?
Post 133 IP   flag post
@miltont If you just want it graded then standard grading service is all you need but I assume you would like the autograph indicated in some way.

For that you will need to add on the signature verification option on top of grading.

If you just want the signature verified but don’t care about the numerical grade then you can choose the Slab-Only option, which is cheaper
Post 134 IP   flag post
ok thanks @dielinfinite
Post 135 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@miltont need to watch out though....the comic grade is going to take a hit for the sticker...can't remember what the hit is though...anybody???
Post 136 IP   flag post
@KatKomics i was also thinking about that, i graded a Chewbacca signed by Peter Mayhew, i got a low score
on the grading and took a toll nobody wants it when i offered for sale.
I was thinking if i can remove the grading and have it re slabbed with only authenticated....

I think CBCS does not do only that...
Post 137 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
News Flash!!! A Tsunami has been sighted on McEwen Road in the Dallas, TX region....It, it...appears to be... a Valiant Tsunami....yes, it is a 462 pressed Valiant Tsunami, the origin of which is SDCC.

With that order now in shipping, I dare say that those who have been waiting for press from the summer and fall are going to be seeing a lot of waves coming their way!
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector TMAN1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK2K20
Any recommendations?

Check with your local comic book shops. They might do it or know someone that does. Having it done locally would be your cheapest option. But do your homework and make sure they do good work.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltont
I was thinking if i can remove the grading and have it re slabbed with only authenticated....

I think CBCS does not do only that...

Maybe not as a reslab per se but what you described is the Slab-Only option. Here is one example and you can find some more here

Post 140 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite nice, will do this then.
Post 141 IP   flag post
@miltont Slab-Only is a little unique. I recommend reading through the first parts of this thread for more details
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Does the pressing happen before they verify signatures?
Post 143 IP   flag post
I’m not 100% sure but I think they happen in tandem.

Given the current backlog for pressing, I would recommend having an outside presser press the book and have them send the book to CBCS afterward. This way you have a chance of getting the book back before the new year
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Thanks, I was curious which came first in the process. I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere.

I’ve already sent the 6 books for VSP, pressing, and grading (if they pass verification) in December when they had the 20% off sale. That’s why I have them doing the pressing. All my other books I send to Josh Avery to press. He’s much quicker and does a great job.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK2K20
Is it possible to submit books for pressing without grading? I don't see that option when submitting books. Pressing just appears as an add-on to grading.

YES, YOU CAN!

Just note on the paperwork that you ONLY want pressing and returned RAW and we will update this once we get the invoice in our Dallas offices!
Post 146 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H Is there an update on pressing? A month ago they were starting on September’s books. Are we to mid-September yet?
Post 147 IP   flag post
My late September order has been pressed and is awaiting grading, just to give people an idea of where they are at
Post 148 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Damn, a double press. That's serious.
Post 149 IP   flag post
lol, I meant grading. I’ve fixed it now
Post 150 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
My late September order has been pressed and is awaiting grading, just to give people an idea of where they are at

What’s the date I have 9/19 received but it was a , which still has no movement but it was con submission so that might add a few days or a week to receive time?
Post 151 IP   flag post
Mine is September 29th. The turnaround time for convention submissions begin the Wednesday after the end of the convention.

You may not see any movement on the account since pressing isn’t tracked. Pressing orders do not show any movement until they reach the pressing stage, which means it has to wait for pressing, get pressed, then wait for grading before the order updates on the website.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Mine is September 29th. The turnaround time for convention submissions begin the Wednesday after the end of the convention.

You may not see any movement on the account since pressing isn’t tracked. Pressing orders do not show any movement until they reach the pressing stage, which means it has to wait for pressing, get pressed, then wait for grading before the order updates on the website.

I am aware of how pressing is tracked or isn’t. You said yours are in grading and we’re received after mine. I asked to see when yours were received to give me an idea when mine might be done...

So maybe mine will be done within a week I hope *fingers crossed
Post 153 IP   flag post
It’ll almost certainly be more than one week as I did not say that my order was in grading, just that it was awaiting grading. So it is somewhere in the current ~5 week grading queue.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
It’ll almost certainly be more than one week as I did not say that my order was in grading, just that it was awaiting grading. So it is somewhere in the current ~5 week grading queue.

My last order that came that I posted was in grading , labels and prepared for shipping in one day or 2. I assume somebody somewhere forgot to update in real-time. I just assumed that’s probably what’s going on with everyone’s backlogged pressing.
Post 155 IP   flag post
597875 999 30