Pedigree and provenance discussion thread (post’em if you got’em)11383

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
EYE CANDY EYE CANDY EYE CANDY

WOWZERS Gents!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Are there two or three pedigress that it is tough to get a book from , not because of price, but due to scarcity on the market?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Group shot of my TTA pedigrees. Have some before issue 70. The goal is a run from 70-101. Not worried about grade. Have a 76 Boston being graded atm which just leaves 3 issues to complete the run.
Been working on this since 2005 I think. 👍
Post 54 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Edgar Church (Mile High) ...

Post 55 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
man, this thread would be like 5 posts long if people posted multiple images in one reply
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Are there two or three pedigress that it is tough to get a book from , not because of price, but due to scarcity on the market?

Chicago, Allentown (135 books), Denver (153 books),Kansas City (250) , ill throw Carson City in there as well. Never see them for sale.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Chicago, Allentown (135 books), Denver (153 books),Kansas City (250) , ill throw Carson City in there as well. Never see them for sale.
would have guessed Allentown and Denver, good to know about Chicago and Kansas city. You rock!
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
man, this thread would be like 5 posts long if people posted multiple images in one reply

Where would be the fun in that?

OK, here's another couple of Church (Mile High) books...

Post 59 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:

and apparently each post comes with a free beer
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:

and apparently each post comes with a free beer

Gets my vote every time!
Post 61 IP   flag post
Heh I got this book for a song a long time ago.

Post 62 IP   flag post
I am kind of indifferent on this new pedigree label but it sure pops when the cover is black. I hope they roll out the gold label. Then I will resub a ton of books I have in waiting.

Also I just noticed the top of this label states "CGC Universal Pedigree" vs my Blackstone Magician book which has "CGC Pedigree Grade". I guess they are still fine tuning things.

Post 63 IP   flag post
In spite of the viral risks, Church is still a safe place to congregate...

Post 64 IP   flag post
wow Cat. That TEC 18 you posted is insane. Doubt there will ever be a higher graded copy. It looks nicer than a 8.5 as well. Makes me curious about the defects. Impressive. Thank you Edgar!!!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
wow Cat. That TEC 18 you posted is insane. Doubt there will ever be a higher graded copy. It looks nicer than a 8.5 as well. Makes me curious about the defects. Impressive. Thank you Edgar!!!

Thanks!

It's heartening that so many still give a Zip about Edgar's collecting prowess...

Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
I am kind of indifferent on this new pedigree label but it sure pops when the cover is black. I hope they roll out the gold label. Then I will resub a ton of books I have in waiting.

Also I just noticed the top of this label states "CGC Universal Pedigree" vs my Blackstone Magician book which has "CGC Pedigree Grade". I guess they are still fine tuning things.

The label on your Blackstone book looks a lot like the gold label, albeit a lighter shade than the one on the official page promoting the new gold label. I presume this to be the final phrasing choice.

My best guess would be that the word “Universal” has been dropped so restored books having a pedigree status can be included under the new gold label. Sneaky, huh?
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
White Mountain
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Both from the Green River Collection, though CGC couldn't acknowledge them because I didn't have the paperwork. Bought them both in the very early 90s.

Post 69 IP   flag post
More from Edgar Church's pile...

Post 70 IP   flag post
And this...

Post 71 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica Nice to see the labels on your books Cat (I know it's all about the books inside, but for a Thread like this, seeing the pedigree designation is cool also).
Steller collection from a discerning collector
Post 72 IP   flag post
Rockford copy MLJ
Post 73 IP   flag post
Larson book
Post 74 IP   flag post
Lamont Larson put together a wonderful collection...

Post 75 IP   flag post
I feel very honored to be the custodian and owner of two of them...

Post 76 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
A question for Pedigree collectors: I assume that entire collections will go to one grading company or the other...and CGC would have a huge advantage just due to time in business. But does anyone know the names of the Pedigrees that have been established through CBCS?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
A question for Pedigree collectors: I assume that entire collections will go to one grading company or the other...and CGC would have a huge advantage just due to time in business. But does anyone know the names of the Pedigrees that have been established through CBCS?

That’s a good question. In fact, this very topic was touched on indirectly in the first post in this thread. Thanks for zeroing in on it again as this topic fits nicely into this thread.

The overlap of recognized pedigrees is pretty consistent, but there may be a few exceptions. Since both services re-holder, recognized pedigrees will always be split between them. In the rare event where there are any discrepancies, owners would probably be best served going with whichever grading service recognizes their books provenance.

Before an official pedigree book is published ...when, rather than if this happens, as I believe it will... any differences in pedigree acknowledgement should be reconciled in order to validate pedigrees without discrepancies. As for entire collections going to one service or the other, that's often true, but over time books get cracked out and resubmitted, often to a different grading service.

Being first is always a huge advantage, until it isn’t. Every company makes mistakes, but the most resilient ones don’t make the same mistakes over and over again or stubbornly ignore customer concerns. CBCS seems to be doing better in this regard. If my opinion seems biased it's because I have confidence in the management.

Conversely, LLC laws allowing monopolistic practices such as exclusionary deals with websites, comic shops, conventions and celebrities limit collector choice. To my way of thinking this is harmful to our hobby, but that discussion is probably better suited to a different thread.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Crippen ("D" Copy) with a very heated response to Bucky's chilling capture ...

One of my favorite little green alien covers, also by Alex Schomburg.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Does this one count? I had no idea what the "DNA Collection" was when I bought it:

Post 80 IP   flag post
598061 267 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?