CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop CultureQuestionsStatuesToys

How Star Wars should have ended.11164

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Haha.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth absolutely keyed in on a lot of really annoying plot holes and badly written character flaws. I can honestly say that after watching all three of the new movies in the movie theater that this story really didn’t need to be told. In the end for me it really felt like big budget money making films for money making sake. That’s such a Disney move too. I probably wouldn’t feel that way if the third movie wasn’t SO bad though. That’s how much I disliked it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
The three main reasons Disney ruined Star Wars were: declaring the Star Wars expanded universe “Non-Canon”, disrespecting characters and not creating memorable characters, except Kylo Ren, and not having a plan. Has anyone noticed that the new Star Wars series is all feminist propaganda? And that's what happend when a woman is prez of Lucas films and extends current issue to the films. "...Executive Team More Than 50 Percent Female" Yea, women in charge, but they are trying to re-write history, make up for past sins (Leia had minimal lines in SW4) so the “the force is female" gave us two new SW films with female leads.

In other words, they just paid Lucas 2Bil in cash & 2Bil in stock, Disney has to make that back. What better way (they say) then those tuned into the current wave of culture sweeping the land. Or, "the fans be damned, we make it and if you don't see it then others will." But, the fans kept away from 'Solo' which lost Disney at least $50 million, and became the first 'Star Wars' film to lose money, according to The Hollywood Reporter. So much for that trilogy. At least Jar Jar Binks didn't show up.

20 Years Later, George Lucas Still Names Jar Jar Binks His Favorite ‘Star Wars’ Character
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
How Star Wars should have ended...

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I agree 100%. 7-9 was totally unnecessary.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite of the newer movies were Solo and Rogue One. The rest were ok. I did not like the Last Jedi at all.
I am a child of the 70's and I will always swear by A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@SteveRicketts I agree 100%. 7-9 was totally unnecessary.

7-9 could have been great, but 8 totally derailed it.
7 and 8 had no character development. They tried to do some in 9, but it was too little, too late.
The entire dialogue of 7-9 was the on-screen cast screaming as they took turns repeating a flat punch line louder and louder to each other. The only connection the cast had was angst and confusion.

My complaint with 7-9 was that it had no heart, and I didn't care about any of the characters. None of them. A story of a mysterious Jedi-in-training involved in the rebellion that turns out to be the granddaughter of Sheev Palpatine would make a fantastic trilogy. Too bad they failed the execution of this simple, but very compelling, story premise.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user

20 Years Later, George Lucas Still Names Jar Jar Binks His Favorite ‘Star Wars’ Character

I hadn't noticed before, but I am beginning to see the resemblance....
Post 8 IP   flag post
600918 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?