Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkComics Golden AgeComics PedigreesMemorabiliaPop Culture

2020 Vision: Collecting through a past and future lens.10856

Collector jeranimal private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeranimal
I completed my goal of acquiring the Silver Age Marvel keys in 2019!
impressive set by any standards but incomplete without TTA 27 And Daredevil 1..mine.misees AF 15 and avengers 4 from your group. Mine aren't graded.either

I actually have a Daredevil #1 but I forgot to include it. Guess I need to redo this group shot.

TTA27 has never really been on my radar. Not really sure why but maybe I'll add it to the list for this year.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Almost forgot, here's one more WWII vintage Cap acquired in 2019...

Collecting-wise it was a pretty darn good year. Looking forward to 2020.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
So in my mission to collect the following: Hulk 102, Doctor Strange 169, Sub-Mariner 1, Iron Man 1, Iron Man & Sub-Mariner 1, Cap 100 and Thor 126. I just notched this beautiful white pages Thor 126 8.5 CBCS. To complete my mission I still need the Cap, Sub-Mariner 1 and Iron Man 1. I'd say doable within 2020. Happy New Years to all. Nuff said...
Post 78 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
One more Timely from 2019, snagged exactly a year ago...

Now it's all 2020, ...and trying to maintain perfect vision!
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@jeranimal Agreed that the DD should be added, but not the TTA 27 IMO. Everything else you had are the mains.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
@jeranimal Agreed that the DD should be added, but not the TTA 27 IMO. Everything else you had are the mains.
Hard to even imagine the marvel universe today without TTA 27 honestly....it was intended as a horror story that then became a hero story secondarily. Ten cent cover, and truly one of the first marvel hero books before there were marvel hero books. November of 1961 saw the release of Fantastic four 1, and TTA 27 would follow almost immediately in January of 1962. As the character was retooled from being a horror type story into a more hero type character, the same steps would later be followed when the original iron man was considered too scary for children..first making his costume gold, and more friendly, then later retooling the costume itself to appear more like a man than a robot, much like the evolution of ant man to the hero costume we know today.
Post 81 IP   flag post
600849 81 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?