Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Jurassic_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Batman 66 wrote a topic about us but this is the truth of the matter...

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/8701/page/1/worst-ebay-seller-experience/

Hi last year you bid on my comic book on ebay, it was an ebay sale, not related to CBCS however I don't appreciate your bad review on this forum about us - especially when you are lieng.

The bidder (Batman66) did not pay after us stating 48hrs window payment time, he said he would pay in a further 3/4 days so we waited another 4 days the buyer still said do you mind giving me more, time.

We said no and cancelled the Auction and re-listed it - he left us negative feedback and yet bid on the comic again!

then left us a negative review on here on cbcs, which I think is highly unfair.

Please can you review this and take it down, (to the forum moderator)
it makes us look bad!! and un professional - its's the customer that is the time waster.

And there is always two sides to every story, why should we suffer, for this Gentlman constanly keeping us on a string, and abuse after absuive messages.

Kindest regards,

Jurassic Coast Comics,
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I work as a manager of people in a large corporation.
There are dozens of person to person interactions everyday with the folks that work for me and with others in departments.
Quite often I hear the same thing - he said, she said; he did; she did; can you believe how he reacted; I cannot believe what he said after what I said; etc. etc. etc. He yelled at me. She told me to take a leap off a cliff.... on and on and on and on and on.

One thing I have learned due to this experience I mention above is to always always always get both sides of the story and then even more sides (others that were involved/overheard).

As humans we tend to judge with the first piece of information we hear or is told to us. Stories are rarely 100% factually accurate either by choice or on accident from either side.

Even the most obvious situations that seem like slam dunks sometimes come to a different conclusion when you hear another side.

I will not judge here since it's only one person said vs. another; but I will say we should all hear both sides before jumping to conclusions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic_Comics

Hi last year you bid on my comic book on ebay, it was an ebay sale, not related to CBCS however I don't appreciate your bad review on this forum about us - especially when you are lieng.

The bidder (Batman66) did not pay after us stating 48hrs window payment time, he said he would pay in a further 3/4 days so we waited another 4 days the buyer still said do you mind giving me more, time.

We said no and cancelled the Auction and re-listed it - he left us negative feedback and yet bid on the comic again!

it makes us look bad!! and un professional - its's the customer that is the time waster.

And there is always two sides to every story, why should we suffer, for this Gentlman constanly keeping us on a string, and abuse after absuive messages.

Kindest regards,

Jurassic Coast Comics,

Thanks for coming to the forum. Could you go over a couple specific points Batman 66 made, like the mention of rust after the fact and the cancellations?
The 48 hours vs the 3-4 days to pay request is an interesting difference. Im curious about that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jurassic_Comics don’t worry bud. He may have gripped but you are not on our “Do not buy from” ebay list. We reserve that for the real crooks out there. Honestly don’t even remember the post.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's important this continues. Two different stories here, with contradicting claims over a higher dollar book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Those posts were from 6 months ago. Has something new transpired? Just curious.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

I think J_C has been made aware of the thread here somehow, and is stating their side of it. Pretty sure the transaction has ended, one way or another.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Well this can easily be proven if you post a screenshot of the messages. Not sure if it's against any of Ebay's policies to do so. It looks like Ebay sided with the seller as the negative feedbacks have been removed from the user profile. Whoever did end up getting looks to be happy with the $1155 USD that was paid for it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Eight months, actually. Children have been born in that length of time.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
Some of them dont realize the time and effort we give to offering a book that looks good just saying! Even if its a flip or not!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Jurassic_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not very well versed with how these forums work I was trying to aim my response to the original thread of Batman66 bad mouthing me & my colleague, apologies to everyone here for opening up a random thread! I think I have put my response in the wrong! Place! Lol.

Oh well anyway yes it has been 8 months people would have been born by then as a previous person mentioned, maybe pre mature? Hah.

Anyway the point is I don't have the messages anymore they are long gone, and yes you are all correct I found only just now and felt the need to put my view on it.

I'm more than entitled to ask a 48hr window time, it was a mark jewellers hulk 180, Batman66 was nigh on begging us after 3/4 days to still sell the comic to him - after making the winning bid, he said he couldn't pay yet.

We put it back up for buy it now he pressed it and still asked for more time! to buy! we said no and cancelled the sale.

come the 5th day we took it off buy it now (Sunday) a prime day to sell on Auction with ebay we had told him multiple times don't bid we don't want,your custom - hence despite not paying twice still left us negative feedback twice! Because he didn't get his was and toys were thrown out the pram.

It eventually went for circa £1250 in Auction and we started receiving a ton of abusive messages from Batman66 and disgusting immature nonsense! Filled our inbox, the rusty staples part was because I didn't realise until closer inspection there was rust mitigation, also it was a stan Lee consignment item.

Being that we are based in London where it was purchased made multiple calls to a) the original auction house Comic Book postal Auctions - and B) silver acre the dealer that sold it to us! He insisted he wanted the original proof letter, saying it came from Uncle Stan! Using this a delay tactic to put off paying.

We got both the Auction house (Comic book postal Auctions.) A lifelong friend of my Dad & Silver Acre to call him up and both verify, DESPITE photo copies of Stan Lee collection Comic books being common - he still didn't bileve us and tried to bargain over the price, I said I've had enough! And re - listed it as buy it now in hindsight should have blocked him.

He made a best offer won and did the same again! Double bluffing asking for more time **you need to substantiate more evidence that it's from the stan Lee collection** and I'll pay straight away, so cancelled his sale re listed again by this point it was already a week and a half later the Auction buyer paid straight away and batman 66 was as you yanks say "but hurt!"
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I think you're in the right place, not sure if there's a better way to address your issue other than opening a thread. A moderator will come across this eventually and respond to your request. Maybe if you edit the title to request a forum moderator to review it'll get addressed quicker. You just have to change it within 24 hours of the original post.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic_Comics

Kindest regards,

Jurassic Coast Comics,

I just checked out your store.....nice Hulk 180 you have there.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
ok..had to go back and read the original thread...you'd think I'd learn by my 50's not to react without all the information. Either way, I hold no ill will towards either side and hold no judgement moving forward ( I have no dog in this fight). Hope you guys find some peace in all this and enjoy your holidays
Post 14 IP   flag post
Batman 66 has logged on since this thread started. Hopefully he can shed some more light on JCC's claims.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@Jurassic_Comics

After all that's happened, I hope you've learned how to block buyers from bidding on your books.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
@Jurassic_Comics

After all that's happened, I hope you've learned how to block buyers from bidding on your books.

I'm guessing he isn't coming back.
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Be Back bus doesn't run.
Post 18 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson ha!!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Selling my DeadPool #1 signed by Stan Lee and this guy tells me this hahaha... I slowly declined the offer leaving him with no counter offer! Due to the disrespect givin to me and what i feel is a reasonable offer!ugh...
Post 20 IP   flag post
Made me laugh hard! Haha...
Post 21 IP   flag post
I would have told him to go buy one graded by the cgc for $250 and stop bothering me.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Right exept he would never find one for that price hahahaha...
Post 23 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece411
Right exept he would never find one for that price hahahaha...

You should reply that it would also be a 9.2 if it was CGC...so suck on that.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Duece411 I deal with this from time to time. You did the right thing.
Post 25 IP   flag post
It was up for sale for originaly 350 and he offered me 150 for it then i counter offerd 250 and told him id be cutting my loss due to shipping it leaving me with out a profit margin not to mention i had it graded and authenticated! End of the day you could buy a raw unsigned and ungraded for a fraction of the price! Its a signed piece by STAN LEE am i being to pushy? Please let me know?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Not pushy at all. Guy is a cheapskate. Just set your offers to the amount that you are willing to go down to. It saves me a lot of time now.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Not pushy at all. Guy is a cheapskate. Just set your offers to the amount that you are willing to go down to. It saves me a lot of time now.

Why even mince words. Just decline and block. Life’s too short.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece411
It was up for sale for originaly 350 and he offered me 150 for it then i counter offerd 250 and told him id be cutting my loss due to shipping it leaving me with out a profit margin not to mention i had it graded and authenticated! End of the day you could buy a raw unsigned and ungraded for a fraction of the price! Its a signed piece by STAN LEE am i being to pushy? Please let me know?

Likely hoping you're more desperate than he is around the Holidays. Doesn't sound like it's worth the headache.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Definitly not worth the headache....he'll cause issues for you after the book is received too... best advice; decline and block.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600892 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?