Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze Age

Worst Ebay seller experience8701

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
So 2 Sunday's ago I won a hulk 180 with the mark jewelers incert at auction Jurassic-coast-comics in the UK. I get a notification from the seller to pay, it was only 8 hours after the auction ended, I told him I thought I had 2 days to pay, and there wasn't any information on the auction stating to pay within 24 hrs. (I use cash to load my paypal account to stay off the grid for tax purposes) I would pay at the end of day Monday or Tuesday morning at the latest.then he informed me there was slight rust on the staples, no big deal. The last conversation I had with him was at 1 am, got up for work at 5, he canceled my order. Told me it wasn't fair to me the book had slight rust on staples, he would resist it and I would get a better deal, which I told him I did not want to cancel. But it was too late. I was happy originally to pay under 900 for it, so I wasn't happy he canceled. So I won the book again the next Sunday for 1250. Not happy but I really wanted that book. He said I had 24 hours to pay, 18 hours later he canceled again. WHAT THE HELL. Needless to say I won't be doing business with Jurassic-coast-comics and hopefully you won't or don't either
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
You can still leave him a neg - actually you can leave him 2 times - once for each time he cancelled. Make sure factual
Post 2 IP   flag post
https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/leave_feedback?
Post 3 IP   flag post
There are also fb groups such as this one where you can highlight it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/294455374400541/?ref=share
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector B3Chandler private msg quote post Address this user
Hate to hear that, with large purchases like that sellers have to realize that sometimes buyers might need around 24 hours to get the money ready for said purchase.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3Chandler
Hate to hear that, with large purchases like that sellers have to realize that sometimes buyers might need around 24 hours to get the money ready for said purchase.

I doubt this has anything to do with paying quickly as the seller was willing to wait another week to run second auction. it's more of a deceptive sales tactic to "price" the book and get top dollar. he should be banned and fined..Id also (not knowing policy) reach out to ebay and see if they can force the original sale based on unethical practices and maybe fraud since the guys using Ebay's services in a way I bet ebay would not appreciate.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Watcher while I agree with you that it would great to complain to eBay - Don’t think ebay would proceed. Only option left is neg fb.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
So 2 Sunday's ago I won a hulk 180 with the mark jewelers incert at auction Jurassic-coast-comics in the UK. I get a notification from the seller to pay, it was only 8 hours after the auction ended, I told him I thought I had 2 days to pay, and there wasn't any information on the auction stating to pay within 24 hrs. (I use cash to load my paypal account to stay off the grid for tax purposes) I would pay at the end of day Monday or Tuesday morning at the latest.then he informed me there was slight rust on the staples, no big deal. The last conversation I had with him was at 1 am, got up for work at 5, he canceled my order. Told me it wasn't fair to me the book had slight rust on staples, he would resist it and I would get a better deal, which I told him I did not want to cancel. But it was too late. I was happy originally to pay under 900 for it, so I wasn't happy he canceled. So I won the book again the next Sunday for 1250. Not happy but I really wanted that book. He said I had 24 hours to pay, 18 hours later he canceled again. WHAT THE HELL. Needless to say I won't be doing business with Jurassic-coast-comics and hopefully you won't or don't either

How do you load your paypal with cash?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush_Bug
How do you load your paypal with cash?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ppcash
Post 9 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I did complain to eBay and they were supposed to mark his account with two infractions . They read thru the messages back and forth and they sided with me. I left two negative feedbacks, sense they were technically not purchases he had them removed. I'm disappointed with outcome.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@CatCovers
If you go to your PayPal app, go to add money. It's will give you the option too add cash thru7 eleven, rite aide. CVS etc.the app will generate a bar code and show that to the clerk. You can add 500 dollars per day and it
Will cost $3.95to add cash
Post 11 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I did complain to eBay and they were supposed to mark his account with two infractions . They read thru the messages back and forth and they sided with me. I left two negative feedbacks, sense they were technically not purchases he had them removed. I'm disappointed with outcome.

wait! are you saying that ebay is ok with you winning an auction and the seller reneging? does that mean if i win an auction i can decide not to complete the transaction and they will good with it?!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@sportshort Ebay told me if they do, the seller gets an infraction. 3 infractions they get fined or eBay can suspend their account. But I don't think they did anything to this seller
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I guess we use the tools we're given...have your boys make a handful of small purchases from him and slam his feedback each time
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Kryptn private msg quote post Address this user
You had it right the first time he canceled on you. Just move on lesson learned. I have won a couple auctions where I wasn't happy with the seller. I just never buy from them again. This happened to you weeks ago and your still dealing with it. Good luck
Post 15 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Currently dealing with a seller who sold me a book with a married cover. So far, he's being reasonable.

My worst experience was with a seller who sold me an $18 total purchase. He shipped in a plan manilla folder. No bag, but with a board. The guy actually opened a complaint on me claiming that I swapped out the book and replaced it with a rag copy. I sent eBay my pictures of the package arriving wrecked to me along woth the crinkled book. It went my way. I've only got my balls and my word in this life. Why would I try to swindle someone out of $18? I'd have to really look for the seller name but it was a guy in Illinois.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley your balls and your word, the only two things worth keeping, lol, that's funny
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Kryptn not that I'm still dealing with it, just was tossing it around if I should mention it here or not.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Darth_Poster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
your balls and your word, the only two things worth keeping, lol, that's funny

technically speaking - isn't that 3 things?.....
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Darth_Poster technically, ones a set, lol
Post 20 IP   flag post
598059 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?