Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@daywalker greet article
Post 251 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@Batman 66 and @Daywalker

Thank you both!

I'd had that wrong for years. I feel like a dunce!
thats what this forum is about, sharing information. I'm positive others learned by your question
Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
These just in:
Friday October 4th

Limited Variant Covers Superman Batman #1 & #2 - First Cameo and Full Appearance of The Shazam who Laughs.

Vampire State Building #1 - Limited to 500 copies.

And a copy of a magazine my Dad gave me when I was a kid. I loved this magazine! So I bought a "reader" copy!

Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
A friend helped me out by getting these for me. Raphael not the greatest condition but am happy with it, TMNT:City At War #95 and Spawn 300 blank sketch cover. Would like to get a Godzilla: Legends blank sketch cover but haven't been able to find any

Post 254 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Lots of Nice pick ups ! Really nice grab on the on the Malibu Sun Spawn Flanders!

Thanks! Being both from Malibu and having Spawn as my favorite comic book character I figured I finally needed to get a nice looking copy of this. Some people hate on it since it's not the first cover appearance or first appearance of Spawn but I've always wanted this in my collection.

Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't it a pretty tough book to find in high grade like that?

Besides, I think people make way too much fuss over all this First appearance that and First Cover This stuff.

I think people miss out on many of better looking issue's when they limit themselves to just those "Key Issues", which many times are not even the best looking issues.

Oh Well... to each their own!
Post 255 IP   flag post

Here is my latest addition.. courtesy of a trade from a board member who needs no introduction....

Mr. Ed Saravo

Prompt Shipping, Outstanding Packaging and the books were Super Nice!

Thank Ed!

Post 256 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't it a pretty tough book to find in high grade like that?

Besides, I think people make way too much fuss over all this First appearance that and First Cover This stuff.

I think people miss out on many of better looking issue's when they limit themselves to just those "Key Issues", which many times are not even the best looking issues.

Currently 43 in the CGC census at 9.6, 33 in 9.8 which also has something to do with why I was willing to pay what I did. I try to focus on my favorite characters for my personal collection and there are so many Spawn #1's in 9.8 around that it's not as appealing of an issue to me. Now I just have to sell some comics off to achieve my current grail's list. I'm sure my list will expand as my current knowledge of comics is rather limited.

Plus I have a weird habit of not caring what condition an issue for my personal is in if I'm the original owner. I'd rather have my sun faded Spawn #1 that I bought as a kid than a graded 9.9 or 10 that I would have to pay much more than $2.99 for. Sentimental value is always greater than market value to me.
Post 257 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@BigRedOne1944 Not sure if I'm way off on this, but is this in regards to my unfavorable stance and response on how to handle a graded comic purchase whose grade doesn't match the slab? If so...well played.
Post 258 IP   flag post

Post 259 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

@BigRedOne1944 Not sure if I'm way off on this, but is this in regards to my unfavorable stance and response on how to handle a graded comic purchase whose grade doesn't match the slab? If so...well played.

Im not aware of your stance on the graded comic thing..... It was in reference to the Malibu Spawn book and the fact that you bought want YOU wanted despite others ragging it wasn't the first appearance this or that.
Post 260 IP   flag post
@flanders What's the story on this one? The cover is disturbing because of the guy with two left arms, a broken neck, and his right arm (which is really another left arm) with it's hand buried inside/under his skin on his back.
I guess it would make sense if I read the comic or understood the story line.

Post 261 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 262 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@flanders What's the story on this one? The cover is disturbing because of the guy with two left arms, a broken neck, and his right arm (which is really another left arm) with it's hand buried inside/under his skin on his back.
I guess it would make sense if I read the comic or understood the story line.

Now, I wanna know! Dangit!
Post 263 IP   flag post
@obrie2tm That's a beautiful Sea Devils #1
Post 264 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth thanks! I was stoked to find one. Don't seem to come up in high grade too often. Love the Russ Heath cover art
Post 265 IP   flag post
@sportshort @GanaSoth that is the Invunche. Show up in Hellblazer as well.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Invunche_(New_Earth)
Post 266 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 267 IP   flag post
Just in! One of my all-time favorite comic book artist's John Buscema with another of his classic covers.

While the likes of Jack Kirby and John Romita often get much of the limelight, It is John Buscema who seems to always get overlooked as one of the greatest ever. His body of work IMHO rivals any of the other comic book legends. While Kirby and Romita rightfully have their Key books, Ive noticed that many of the Key books of the era are often times sporting John Buscema Covers.

Post 268 IP   flag post
@Steverogers11 dang, that's also a hard to find in a great looking condition, comic.
Post 269 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Steverogers11 dang, that's also a hard to find in a great looking condition, comic.
thanks gana
Post 270 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't even know it was signed until I got home...

Post 271 IP   flag post
@Terry88 what a great surprise
Post 272 IP   flag post
Shocked.
Post 273 IP   flag post
@Terry88
i know what you mean, bought a s collection in 84, this famous first edition was part of it. Opened it up about 2 years ago and was pleasantly (shocked) to find out it was signed by joe shuster
Post 274 IP   flag post
I can only imagine. Well done.
Post 275 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Terry88
i know what you mean, bought a s collection in 84, this famous first edition was part of it. Opened it up about 2 years ago and was pleasantly (shocked) to find out it was signed by joe shuster

I believe, I would'be passed out.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
Didn't even know it was signed until I got home...

does the back cover have the little red spider web?
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user

My recent pick up. Now to get her pressed and cleaned today
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
First appearance of the Forest Green witch !
Post 279 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have to give a big shout out to @BigRedOne1944 for his end of a recent trade we made. He really went out of his way to help me fill in a big gap in my ASM run. John is an awesome guy, packs great, ships super fast, and grades very strictly. Check out his ebay listings if you ever get a chance. Thank you again, John!

Here's my haul:

Post 280 IP   flag post
600762 999 30