Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Collectors SetsCBCS GradedQuestions

Registry - Census1000

Collector X24 private msg quote post Address this user
When is CBCS going to stand-up a registry for the comics its been grading. I'm very concerned about this and the people buying these graded comics without any reference to compare their graded comic of database to verify their comics to be authentic and not counterfeit.....very unsettled by this. There are already scammers and counterfeit graded comics out there looking to take advantage of seasoned and novice collectors, CBCS needs ti get the registry/census up and running soon!!!!

I do not plan to purchase graded comics or submit comics to be graded to CBCS until a registry/census is up and running, this is the only way to protect my customers, their collections, myself and my collection......get it together CBCS!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, you can just call and verify the serial number. I will close with this, my CGC books from Wizard Philadelphia were not in the data base still as of July. So I should be very concerned that CGC never updated their census/registry?

I guess you could always go with PGX, good luck with that lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
They are in the process of migrating data from the old site. Any book graded prior to the launch of the new website will be available to check as soon as the info is migrated. If you need to look up a cert # for a book graded after the new site launched they offer that service (for free I might add).

We are still waiting for a census but that doesn't really help you confirm the authenticity of a graded book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to check for counterfeit books you can check the grading notes. That will tell you everything you would need to know. If the grade on the slip doesn't match what the notes say...then you have an issue.
Post 4 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Registries are inaccurate anyhow. How many people do you know that have cracked a book and resubmitted the same book numerous times in hopes of a higher grade and then not tell cgc about it. I know one guy that submitted a hulk 181 12 times to get finally amd extra .2 higher.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
From what I've seen CBCS holders are pretty much impossible to open without physically damaging the seals, unlike CGC slabs which can be cracked and reglued with minimal effort.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego Doesn't matter, the OP is an obvious shill.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X24
I do not plan to purchase graded comics or submit comics to be graded to CBCS until a registry/census is up and running, this is the only way to protect my customers, their collections, myself and my collection......get it together CBCS!!!

If you send them in yourself, you will be assured of the authenticity of the books and grade.
How do you figure the ONLY way to protect your collection is with a census/registry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Registries are inaccurate anyhow. How many people do you know that have cracked a book and resubmitted the same book numerous times in hopes of a higher grade and then not tell cgc about it.

This!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
the OP is an obvious shill.

Seems like.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be happy when they actually have a registry up and running at this point
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X24

How do you protect them with the cgc registry? With all the crack outs, pressed books, and resubmissions that don't include the original label, it's shot all to hell any way.

The only information it can really supply is if a certain title and issue number has no submissions in a certain grade at all.
Post 10 IP   flag post
598088 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?