Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Want To Trade: Silverage/Goldenage Slabs Only9999

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I'll buy that, but speaking of personal experiences, there's a forum member that started a thread entitled "Non existent customer service and quality control now the norm!" that has apparently been a customer and supporter of CBCS for a couple of years, who has had it. As you can easily see, everyone has problems. But you are correct in that if people have personal experiences and been involved in PGX's alleged cheating ways then, it is what it is. But again, personally i've not had problems (fingers crossed) with them even though I have not used them for a couple of years because of the negs attached to their slabs.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
There are pros and cons to each grading company. It’s the overall reputation that matters IMO. And public perception carries weight with the aftermarket.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
There are pros and cons to each grading company. It’s the overall reputation that matters IMO. And public perception carries weight with the aftermarket.

You are way more right than wrong on this one!! Hence my trepidation to do business with PGX. I'd love it if there were more competition for our hearts, minds and wallets but what-ya-gonna-do?
Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
From what I understand PGX has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar for self dealing (over-grading books for themselves and others).

The best you can do is look at the pictures and hope their is no restoration, missing coupons, etc.

You are really shooting in the dark with them.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
From what I understand PGX has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar for self dealing (over-grading books for themselves and others).

The best you can do is look at the pictures and hope their is no restoration, missing coupons, etc.

You are really shooting in the dark with them.

I don't know if you know but there was this big hullabaloo regarding CGC & missing restoration, just as you describe with PGX. you can easily find CGC's sordid mess by googling CGC controversy. are there personal pgx stories someone can tell, not just opinions, news article or something? my experiences with them have been great, but as i mentioned, i don't use them for two reasons only, their reputation suppresses the value and prestige of my books and I genuinely enjoy these forums and the people so I want to support this company. I wish the former wasn't true because they have a great product, again, way better that CGC's.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Why not start a new thread asking for general feedback (good and bad) about that other company?

This way, @GAC gets his Trade thread back.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@00slim, you're right.

@GAC, Hope you have success with your trades. Sorry again.
Post 32 IP   flag post
601505 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?