Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly cover contest #158 - Crosses9997

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O, I wonder what Mike thought of that? Also, I wonder how much that thing weighed, and where the guy put it afterward. Does he own a comic store or is that in his man cave?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater The sculptor is Richard Riley and he designs props. He has a facebook page called Rileyreplicas. I looked on his page and he says the tombstone and Spider-man each weigh about 15 pounds. The mud base weighs about 10 pounds. The tombstone and mud are foam cored and the Spidey started life as a mannequin body and a sculpted head. Michael Zeck LOVED it!!! He actually asked the artist to bring it to the con so they could display it and he could see it. While it was there, Zeck also signed a couple comics for the artist. LOL!!! He doesn't say where it ended up, but it sounds like it may have been a private commissioned piece (my guess).
Post 52 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, crap ... now I've done it. Didn't realize I was in this thread and 'liked' a cover. Oh, well ... it had to happen sometime.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Karlhungus private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlhungus

That cover has always cracked me up. Taskmaster looks like he just realized there's a buffet table with miniature cheesecakes on it.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Voted
Post 58 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Voted II
Post 59 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Voted |||
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I voted yesterday. Bump!
Post 61 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
voted
Post 62 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
This week's cover contest has come to a close and another theme we can CROSS off the list. Thanks to all who participated.

This week was another neck and neck horse race.

@Lenovations wins with 23 votes
@xkonk comes in second with 22 votes

Congratulations to Lenovations!
Post 63 IP   flag post
601269 63 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?