Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL Week 1 Chat Thread - Predictions, picks and brags9971

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Vikings will be limited by their QB. Kirk Cousins is the new Andy Dalton, so I'd like to see him prove me wrong since I have quite a few friends who are Vikes fans.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, I don't watch soccer.
Post 27 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
The Vikings will be limited by their QB. Kirk Cousins is the new Andy Dalton, so I'd like to see him prove me wrong since I have quite a few friends who are Vikes fans.

I think Kirk Cousins is going to have success in Gary Kubiak's offensive system. I know he's not the OC but from what I've read... it's his system.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
My review from the Bears Packers game last night. Just to be clear I'm a Bears fan
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Helric1 freakin hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
I mean...why not let Trubisky run? Why not give the ball to Miller? Montgomery?

They just try to force feed Allen and take risky throws on Gabriel...using the wrong offensive talent IMO.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Now that Antonio Brown has been officially released by the Raiders, any thoughts on where he might end up? Although I personally hope not, Chicago seems to be the team that needs him the most, although I question whether their management is strong enough to deal with his drama and nonsense.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Now that Antonio Brown has been officially released by the Raiders, any thoughts on where he might end up? Although I personally hope not, Chicago seems to be the team that needs him the most, although I question whether their management is strong enough to deal with his drama and nonsense.

I think AB started all this nonsense simply because he no longer wanted to play for the Raiders in hopes a higher caliber team would pick him up. Jerry Jones would probably snag him if he didn't already have Amari Cooper. I hope AB spends this season without a paycheck and rethinks his career. What a self-absorbed crybaby.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Whoa,.. The NE Patriots signed AB for 1 year - $15 MIL ($9 MIL guaranteed).
Post 35 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Whoa,.. The NE Patriots signed AB for 1 year - $15 MIL ($9 MIL guaranteed).

Typical.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I'll be throwing some bbq marinated boneless ribs and potatoes in the crock pot for tomorrow. Then I will have football on from the pregames to the end of the Sunday night game. Anyone else going to spend the day in a similar fashion?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I'll be throwing some bbq marinated boneless ribs and potatoes in the crock pot for tomorrow. Then I will have football on from the pregames to the end of the Sunday night game. Anyone else going to spend the day in a similar fashion?

Yep, and I'm sure a few of these....

Post 38 IP   flag post
Unfortunately I work on Sundays, so I usually spend the day with my trusty radio. Itโ€™s not so bad, though, since I have access to home and away broadcasts for every game. I have the ability to watch the local broadcasts on my phone but I like the radio better since I donโ€™t have time to sit and stare at the screen all day. I Usually work 12 hours or so on Sundays, so football really helps gets me through it. Also, I do take a few Sundays off over the course of the season to actually go down to the games.

As far as AB signing with the Patriots, no real surprise there. At least he didnโ€™t end up in Chicago ๐Ÿ˜….
Post 39 IP   flag post
UGH,... this Washington / Philly game is really getting ugly. Unless you're an Eagles fan of course.
Post 40 IP   flag post
The Falcons and Dolphins are getting spanked also.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Scores after the first games.

Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
The Falcons and Dolphins are getting spanked also.

I was expecting that. Glad to see the Vikings rip the Falcons a new one. What would really make my day is the Giants make the Cowboys look like amateurs.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Browns gonna Browns.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Browns gonna Browns.

Redskins gonna Redskins.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Updated finals.

Post 46 IP   flag post
The best part about Sunday Night's game!!!

Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Watched the Redskins-Eagles game with my bro, who is an Eagles fan... At halftime he was concerned and thought that the Redskins would come out hyped up and put the final nails in the coffin. I scoffed and told him not to give Gruden too much credit and that he doesn't know how to play with a lead. Sure enough... the Redskin's Redskin'd. Sigh... gonna be another long season.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I know it's only one week and we should never read too much into one game or one week, but I laughed at all the people who have been applauding the Steelers for letting both Le'veon Bell and Antonio Brown go. And saying that they would be better off without them. Addition by subtraction. Yeah, they were and are both pains in the butts, but both are talented. Steelers will still probably have an OK year, but hard to replace those two guys.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Minnesota certainly impressed. I had to switch games at halftime because it was such a blowout. Went to the Cleveland game for the third quarter; man was that a disappointment! Penalty after penalty for the Browns along with injuries and an ejection decimating the offensive line. Their stars played well but nowhere near enough to make up for the undisciplined play of the rest of the team. I finished out the early games with Buffalo and the Jets, which was actually a pretty exciting finish.

The Lions game followed, which was brilliant for three and a half quarters, but somehow ended in true Lions fashion. A very badly timed time out led to a series of unfortunate events that changed the game from complete domination by Detroit on offense and defense to a 27 all tie ๐Ÿ˜‘.
The nightcap Steelers-Patriots was a complete disappointment. It could be s very long season for the Steelers.

I will watch the tv broadcast of the Lions game today on game pass and may try to catch another game or two over the course of the week. Also looking forward to catching the doubleheader on the radio tonight.

Canโ€™t wait for next Sunday when I will be heading down to Ford Field to watch the Lions take on the Chargers in the home opener.๐Ÿฆ
Post 50 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Just checking in. Whew that Dolphins game was embarrassingly bad and they're playing New England next weekend. I don't blame some of them for already wanting out of their contracts
Post 51 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp have fun at Ford Field this coming Sunday!!! The Vikes have to play an away game with the Chargers in December. That one concerns me already!! I actually expect both teams to be playoff contenders at that point.

My biggest surprise was Vinatieri missing two field goals and an extra point for the Colts!! They ended up losing in OT. I can't imagine how he must feel today!!!

And yeah, the Steelers losing Brown definitely is going to effect them this year. Smith-Schuster is good, but he hasn't shown that x-factor that the greats seem to have. He's not a play maker.

The Pats game last night I quit watching somewhere during the second quarter. Then I watched it during the commercials of another tv show. But I happened to catch that false start live and just laughed my butt off. The center had gone out with an injury and that was the replacement center in that clip. He had just gone in ad I was kind of expecting to see the Pats blitz with a new man on the line. So when everyone moved and he stood up, turned around and lifted his hands like "Where did you all go?", I lost it!!! I'm sure my neighbors heard me on that one!!

I'm looking forward to watching the games tonight.
Post 52 IP   flag post
INCREDIBLE!!!! The Texans/Saints game was awesome!!!!! I thought the Texans had the Saints. Great game to watch though!!!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Thanks, Jesse. The funniest part about that penalty was the way the center held his position for several seconds even after all the players on both teams were moving around him. Hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚! Saints/ Texans is definitely the game of the week so far. Definitely makes up for the dog they put on Sunday night.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Final card.

Here's the number correct from our picks. Everyone got a tie, these are wins.

Myself - 9
Lonestar - 12
StudleyDudley - 10
michaelkrupp - 14
iggykoopa30 - 9
PhantomEwan - 11
Flanders - 11

I just counted one time, so everyone may want to doublecheck that I counted their scores correct.

Congrats to michaelkrupp for picking an impressive 14 wins!!!!! Are you an oddsmaker in Vegas??? LOL
Post 55 IP   flag post
598059 59 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?