Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL Week 1 Chat Thread - Predictions, picks and brags9971

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just thought I'd put up a general NFL thread and see how it goes. I thought it might be fun to just do picks every week. Or, if nothing else, we can boast about how our teams are doing or complain about what they are doing wrong!!! LOL!!! If you want to join in doing picks, here is the schedule for week 1. If we get enough people, I'll post a new thread with a pick sheet every Tuesday for the season.

Post 1 IP   flag post
My picks.

Go Vikings!!!!! SKOL!!!!!

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Good man. I like your Giants pick. 😉
Post 3 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Do you really think that Miami will beat Baltimore? I get that the Dolphins are playing at home but still...

And I hope the Giants beat the Cowboys. I've never liked the Cowboys.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone but the Steelers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 I picked a few that go against the pro picks that I've seen. For the Miami/Baltimore game, I admit I'm going way out on a limb!!!! But it's week one and anything can happen. The Dolphins were tough at home last year (6-2) which is exactly what the Ravens were at home. But the Ravens were 4-4 on their away games. Not bad, but not great. So, I had to give the edge to the Dolphins. First week can bring some startling upsets. I think that is one of them.

Packers vs the Bears, I went with Bears. Practically all the pros are picking the Packers. Since they are in the same division as the Vikes, I'd like to see both lose, but that's not possible. LOL. A tie is unlikely. But I've been hearing good things about the Bears this year. And I always have a hard time picking the Packers, so I went Bears.

The other one that I picked that goes against the pros is the Giants over the Cowboys. I just flat out don't like the Cowboys. Ever since Landry left, I've found myself cheering for whoever they are playing.

As the season progresses, I'll be more analytical with my picks. But for week one, I just went with my gut for the most part.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Vikes are the only team I'm worried about in the NFC North. I think Green Bays reign may finally be over. Bear down!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to Seattle Jadeveon Clowney!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Hcanes I think this will be the pivotal year for Rodgers. With a new coach in there, he's either going to fly or fall. If he falls, I don't think he'll be a Packer next year.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Vikings 21 Atlanta 17

Browns 20 titans 13
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

@Jesse_O Thanks for the thread. I hope you do one each week. I've been in a weekly pool for years. Straight winners, not ATS. Here my picks for this week. Also in a Survivor Pool (with one buy back). My survivor pick for week one is Philadelphia.
Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Chicago, Cleveland, Baltimore, Minnesota, Buffalo, Phily, Rams, Jacksonville, Chargers, Seattle, Dallas, Arizona, Tampa, New England, New Orleans, Oakland
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Zeke got his $90 MIL, Dak will get his $100+ MIL, and I have no idea what Amari will receive. Which means, next season the guys who protect them and make them look good will take a pay cut. Of course that's nothing new under the sun with many teams. But this whole deal with Dallas is being played out like a reality show. I hope Dallas gets their asses slaughtered this season.... TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder I thought we'd hear news today about Amari, but there is nothing that I can find yet. If Dallas doesn't at least get to the Playoffs, people are gonna be pissed!!!

And we have about 35-40 minutes to the opening kickoff of the 2019 season!!!!! I'm loving it!!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Well, Green Bay is off to a good start. I didn't think they stood a chance after the first quarter. But I've learned, rather painfully, that you can never count Rodgers out.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@flanders Looks like you and I have a game in hand on everyone else heading into Sunday’s action. High five! 🙌

@Hcanes Having a great defense means nothing if your offense can’t score more than 3 points. They made the Packers’ mediocre D look like world beaters. Bears may be a little overrated this year after overachieving last season. Just sayin’...😉
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
This is the first year in a long time im not real excited about the new season. I don't know if its all the comics and video games coming out or if its just being a Panther fan and getting tired of Cam and Rivera screwing everything up.
Post 21 IP   flag post
It was an excellent defensive matchup in the first half, that turned into sloppy play by the Bears offense in the 2nd half. I don't think GB's D improved that much. Bears O looked like crap. At least their new kicker showed he could make a FG.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Well, Green Bay is off to a good start. I didn't think they stood a chance after the first quarter. But I've learned, rather painfully, that you can never count Rodgers out.

This was a helluva defensive game for both teams. Early in the season defenses are generally a step ahead of the offense. I'm predicting a lot of low scoring games this coming Sunday.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@flanders Looks like you and I have a game in hand on everyone else heading into Sunday’s action. High five! 🙌

@Hcanes Having a great defense means nothing if your offense can’t score more than 3 points. They made the Packers’ mediocre D look like world beaters. Bears may be a little overrated this year after overachieving last season. Just sayin’...😉

Nagy got too cute with the play calling. Seeing how both teams performed, if Dalvin Cook can stay healthy the Vikes have a good chance taking the North. 15 more games to go
🤞
Post 24 IP   flag post
I still can't figure out how teams (both NCAA and NFL) are getting delay of game penalties coming out of timeouts or stoppages (after kickoffs, injury timeout, etc). That is ridiculous.
Post 25 IP   flag post
The Vikings will be limited by their QB. Kirk Cousins is the new Andy Dalton, so I'd like to see him prove me wrong since I have quite a few friends who are Vikes fans.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, I don't watch soccer.
Post 27 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
The Vikings will be limited by their QB. Kirk Cousins is the new Andy Dalton, so I'd like to see him prove me wrong since I have quite a few friends who are Vikes fans.

I think Kirk Cousins is going to have success in Gary Kubiak's offensive system. I know he's not the OC but from what I've read... it's his system.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
My review from the Bears Packers game last night. Just to be clear I'm a Bears fan
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Helric1 freakin hilarious 😂!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601440 59 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?