Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASP

Yellow Label Question9963

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious.... if I have a CGC Yellow Label and am looking to get another ASP autograph on the comic, will CBCS crack and honor the existing Yellow CGC autograph?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Yes as long as its pre 2019 I believe. CBCS recently changed their practice due to the process in which CGC witnesses signatures.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 One caveat is that I do believe a CGC yellow label has to be submitted in its case for CBCS to honor it.

I can’t find anything official stating that in exact terms but the CBCS FAQ does state that if a CGC yellow label is pressed and returned to you Raw then the label color will not be retained
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Nuffsaid111 One caveat is that I do believe a CGC yellow label has to be submitted in its case for CBCS to honor it.

I can’t find anything official stating that in exact terms but the CBCS FAQ does state that if a CGC yellow label is pressed and returned to you Raw then the label color will not be retained

Generally this answer is correct. But only generally. If the person getting the signature is approved by CBCS as a signature facilitator or a personal witness, they could unslab the book, get another signature and then ship it to CBCS. And get the yellow label. If CBCS has a presence (like say at a comic convention) and you take the slabbed CGC Signature Series book to them and say "I want to add xxx's signature to this" then the staff at the CBCS booth would unslab it and then go walk it over for a signature.

Last, there are a few pressing services including CBCS's own in house service that can either crack, press and resubmit CGC SS books (still slabbed) or receive such (unslabbed) books from approved facilitators or witnesses, press them and send them to CBCS and retain the yellow label. Those services besides the in house pressing service are aware of deadlines and requirements.
Post 4 IP   flag post
601487 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?