Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

KISS Zombies comic signed by Gene Simmons preorders9944

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I know we have a few Kiss fans here. MCS is taking preorders for Gene Simmons signed copies of Kiss Zombies #1 virgin photo cover. The price is $194.99 now and will be $299.99 when they are released. I figured I'd pass the info along when I saw that. You can find it in their preorder section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS
Kiss Zomibes Gene Simmons Sgn Virgin Photo Cvr 1 (Est ship date: Nov 27)

(W) Sacks, Ethan (A) Rodney Buchemi (CA) Photo Gene Simmons is not only a Rock God, he's the ultimate comics connoisseur, supporting the medium and collaborating with Dynamite to bring an ever-expanding and ever-awesome lineup to life! He's also a knowledgeable collector, and, as such, he knows what his fans and fellow collectors want! Get this ultra-limited edition of KISS: ZOMBIES #1 'Virgin' Photo Variant SIGNED BY GENE SIMMONS!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Is there anything Gene won't try to sell?

I love the first album through Love Gun and then Creatures of the Night
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
For me Destroyer was a defining album.
Gene loves his cash flow doesn't he?

I wonder at the choice to go at 195 dollars a shot if they could sell thousands more working at a 75 dollar level ...but not my circus or bears and too steep for this kid
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Destroyer Rules! Their "Dark Side of the Moon" (though not in that league)

@SteveRicketts :popcorn:
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
For me Destroyer was a defining album.
Gene loves his cash flow doesn't he?

I wonder at the choice to go at 195 dollars a shot if they could sell thousands more working at a 75 dollar level ...but not my circus or bears and too steep for this kid

2nd Printing price lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

I love the first album through Love Gun and then Creatures of the Night

Since we know there was a "Kiss Coffin" for sale, anything is possible.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Does anyone ever listen to Wicked Lester, the band before kiss was KISS
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Gene Simmons is the Ron Popeil of rock n' roll but their 70s catalogue is great!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Never thought of trying. Did they record something in a studio, or is it Live?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Wicked Lester did release some stuff on record iirc

Send me your email and I will send you a few files

Off the top of my head I know they originally released "She" as Wicked Lester
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Isn't the better question, "Is there anything fans of comics and KISS won't purchase?"

One can purchase Gene's signature from a very well known collectibles book store for $30.00. So, it just can't be his autograph.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Don't forget this Sweet merch! Exactly what your girl wants to see before getting busy!
Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley LOL!!! Is that for real?
Post 13 IP   flag post
It is a real thing.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
oh cool wheres the link for presales
Post 15 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a link to MCS September Previews. You will have to type in Kiss to find the options.

MCS Preview catalog
Post 16 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I wonder if he'd have his wife sign a couple of my Playboys?

Post 17 IP   flag post
I have several things she signed as well as her sister Tracy Tweed who was a model
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Gene was on Entertainment Tonight once. He was walking down a red carpet and they stopped him to interview him. He pulls Kiss branded merchandise out of his pocket and starts hyping it in the interview. I think that's where he talked about the Kiss Coffins too.

This isn't my copy. Never met Kiss nor was a fan of the band. I do own a copy of the comic they are holding. It's my largest comic. I know of at least one comic larger. Maybe two. It's the size of a wall poster.

Post 19 IP   flag post
The kiss coffins became a thing when Dimebag Darryl was gunned down on stage. he had been a huge kiss fan so the boys from kiss had a coffin made, with their likeness etc...a Kiss coffin donated, for his funeral. His best friend from Black Label society lined the inside of the coffin with bottles of Bourbon...and Eddie Van halen contributed the double necked guitar he hand made and painted to go inside the coffin with Dimebag.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
The kiss coffins became a thing when Dimebag Darryl was gunned down on stage. he had been a huge kiss fan so the boys from kiss had a coffin made, with their likeness etc...a Kiss coffin donated, for his funeral. His best friend from Black Label society lined the inside of the coffin with bottles of Bourbon...and Eddie Van halen contributed the double necked guitar he hand made and painted to go inside the coffin with Dimebag.

Nice back story. Thanks.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I wonder if he'd have his wife sign a couple of my Playboys?

She is soooo hawt
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Here's a link to MCS September Previews. You will have to type in Kiss to find the options.

MCS Preview catalog

Thanks
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Gene was on Entertainment Tonight once. He was walking down a red carpet and they stopped him to interview him. He pulls Kiss branded merchandise out of his pocket and starts hyping it in the interview. I think that's where he talked about the Kiss Coffins too.

This isn't my copy. Never met Kiss nor was a fan of the band. I do own a copy of the comic they are holding. It's my largest comic. I know of at least one comic larger. Maybe two. It's the size of a wall poster.

That book is massive. I got mine framed.

Post 24 IP   flag post
You need to get it raw graded by CBCS. LOL!
Mine is behind a shelf in my bedroom closet.
Post 25 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

I had the chance to meet him at a convention last year but backed out. I've heard too many stories about how big of an asshole he is. I couldn't let my mental image of him be destroyed like that.

Out of my '70s holy trinity, I've met Evel Knievel and Henry Winkler. Both were absolutely awesome. I just can't let the trinity be shattered by Gene being an ass. 😢
Post 26 IP   flag post
I would rather meet Ace Frehley anyways...despite all the controvery, I always liked the spaceman
Post 27 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

I had the chance to meet him at a convention last year but backed out. I've heard too many stories about how big of an asshole he is. I couldn't let my mental image of him be destroyed like that.

Out of my '70s holy trinity, I've met Evel Knievel and Henry Winkler. Both were absolutely awesome. I just can't let the trinity be shattered by Gene being an ass. 😢

I felt the same about Neal Adams. Sometimes you're disappointed by the actual person because they don't meet your expectations. It was still very cool to meet him though
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

I felt the same about Neal Adams. Sometimes you're disappointed by the actual person because they don't meet your expectations. It was still very cool to meet him though

Neal is a businessman above all else. He reminds me of my father. He can sound blunt and cold, but he's doing what it took to raise his family and he's done it well.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The coffin was introduced in 2001, Dimebag didn't die until 2004 so it wasn't created specifically for him. He and his brother were both huge fans and he had actually requested in his will that he be buried in one. Vinnie Paul, his brother, died last year and was also buried in one.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601338 50 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?