Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

KISS Zombies comic signed by Gene Simmons preorders9944

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Destroyer Rules! Their "Dark Side of the Moon" (though not in that league)

@SteveRicketts :popcorn:

I had the chance to meet him at a convention last year but backed out. I've heard too many stories about how big of an asshole he is. I couldn't let my mental image of him be destroyed like that.

Out of my '70s holy trinity, I've met Evel Knievel and Henry Winkler. Both were absolutely awesome. I just can't let the trinity be shattered by Gene being an ass. 😒
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I would rather meet Ace Frehley anyways...despite all the controvery, I always liked the spaceman
Post 27 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

I had the chance to meet him at a convention last year but backed out. I've heard too many stories about how big of an asshole he is. I couldn't let my mental image of him be destroyed like that.

Out of my '70s holy trinity, I've met Evel Knievel and Henry Winkler. Both were absolutely awesome. I just can't let the trinity be shattered by Gene being an ass. 😒

I felt the same about Neal Adams. Sometimes you're disappointed by the actual person because they don't meet your expectations. It was still very cool to meet him though
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

I felt the same about Neal Adams. Sometimes you're disappointed by the actual person because they don't meet your expectations. It was still very cool to meet him though

Neal is a businessman above all else. He reminds me of my father. He can sound blunt and cold, but he's doing what it took to raise his family and he's done it well.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
The kiss coffins became a thing when Dimebag Darryl was gunned down on stage. he had been a huge kiss fan so the boys from kiss had a coffin made, with their likeness etc...a Kiss coffin donated, for his funeral. His best friend from Black Label society lined the inside of the coffin with bottles of Bourbon...and Eddie Van halen contributed the double necked guitar he hand made and painted to go inside the coffin with Dimebag.

The coffin was introduced in 2001, Dimebag didn't die until 2004 so it wasn't created specifically for him. He and his brother were both huge fans and he had actually requested in his will that he be buried in one. Vinnie Paul, his brother, died last year and was also buried in one.
Post 30 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Also, the guitar buried with Dimebag was the guitar Eddie used on the Van Halen 2 record, not a double necked guitar.

This is the guitar buried with him.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Also, the guitar buried with Dimebag was the guitar Eddie used on the Van Halen 2 record, not a double necked guitar.

This is the guitar buried with him.

Apparently some information in the book I read is a touch off...but I had the general idea..thanks for clarifying.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer
Quote:
The kiss coffins became a thing when Dimebag Darryl was gunned down on stage. he had been a huge kiss fan so the boys from kiss had a coffin made, with their likeness etc...a Kiss coffin donated, for his funeral. His best friend from Black Label society lined the inside of the coffin with bottles of Bourbon...and Eddie Van halen contributed the double necked guitar he hand made and painted to go inside the coffin with Dimebag.

The coffin was introduced in 2001, Dimebag didn't die until 2004 so it wasn't created specifically for him. He and his brother were both huge fans and he had actually requested in his will that he be buried in one. Vinnie Paul, his brother, died last year and was also buried in one.
Apparently they call them Kaskets, a play on the K ...I cannot imagine they sold many or were well known until the Dimebag thing, I doubt most people had ever heard of them. From what I had read in the book about Dime, the particular Kasket donated for Dime was in some way specifically made for him, although I am unsure how it might have been different, beyond being donated. I had thought I read in the book, that it was personnaly signed by the band, or something.

Sad about his brother , I didn't know he had also passed. About the only good that came of the night Dime was killed was the fact his brother made it out of the Al Rosa club alive .
Post 33 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
so weird when people spell things with a K instead of a C
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
so weird when people spell things with a K instead of a C

I know what you mean. Replacing an "i" with a "y" is logical. A "c" with a "k" isn't.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Originally, Gene Simmons wanted to call the band, "F__K".

No doubt Paul Stanley made the wiser choice.
Post 36 IP   flag post
There has been a connection to comics for a long while. Even this series.

Post 37 IP   flag post
Kiss first appeared in comics as far back as Howard the duck in the seventies. I have a sketch cover being done as an homage to that
Post 38 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have some of their blood!

Post 39 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Howard the Duck #13 I believe.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Right from the cover of Destroyer.

Post 41 IP   flag post
Think it was maybe 11 and 12? Edit. 12 and 13
Post 42 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 43 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke very cool!!!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I have some of their blood!

A VF or better copy of this book has been on my list for a long time.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I hoard copies of the Howard the duck issues but am not remotely interested in the oversized magazine format comic
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I hoard copies of the Howard the duck issues but am not remotely interested in the oversized magazine format comic

But . . . their blood is in the ink! Ya can’t get more rock & roll than that. 😎
Post 47 IP   flag post
True this....anyone start a pool on which of these guys passes away first? I believe Eric Carr is gone already, but if I remember right the originals are all still with us
Post 48 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
We've been members of the Kiss army for many many years.

The Wife and I have been to 10 Kiss shows over the years

Three Years ago our son joined the army with his first Kiss Show

This year my daughter and her friend joined the army as well with their first Kiss Show.

Post 49 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I do have Many of the Kiss mags and comics shown in the thread. I was a big fan of the Image Psycho Circus Comic. I like the whole "Mystic" and Celestial angle. The Art was kick ass as well

Post 50 IP   flag post
597913 50 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?