Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker9928

PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't see a topic for this. Thoughts?

Honestly, this trailer is the 1st time I've gotten hype for it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I've become Jedi

Trailer gave me absolutely no feeling at all ...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
Looks ok! TLJ was the worst!
Half of this trailer was footage from the old movies!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Dark Rey? I don't buy it.

Unfortunately Star Wars kind of lost me with the last movie and Solo. Couldn't get into them at all.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. I was disappointed with Episode 8 the first time I saw it & literally found myself hating it upon a second viewing.

I’ll see this one, and I truly hope it’s good, but I’m keeping my expectations low.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Unfortunately Star Wars kind of lost me with the last movie and Solo. Couldn't get into them at all.

Well, since Rey mastered everything the light side of the Force had to offer in about a week and a half with zero training, maybe she decided what to see what's on the other side of the street.

Agree about the last two movies. I've been a passionate fan since 1977, but after the lazy writing they offered me, I'm waiting on video from now on.

Frickin' spaceship fuel.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Last Jedi is the worst movie I have ever paid money to see, just for the record.

I was also abundantly bored watching Solo (I caught it on Netflix).

If TROS isn't great, then I'm done paying to see anything Star Wars in the future.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Star Wars 9: Bowel Movement Rising
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Well, since Rey mastered everything the light side of the Force had to offer in about a week and a half with zero training, maybe she decided what to see what's on the other side of the street.

I have theory about this.

It’s very possible she was trained by Luke as a young child. I think she was one of the Jedi in training when Kylo Ren showed up and wiped out Luke’s pupils in that flashback sequence in 7.

Luke may have blocked Rey’s memories and hid her away to protect her.

With her memories returning in 7, her training came back to her. So, she didn’t suddenly, magically know the way of the Force. She was simply remembering that she knew it.

Just a theory I hope is proven true in 9.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:

I have theory about this.

It’s very possible she was trained by Luke as a young child. I think she was one of the Jedi in training when Kylo Ren showed up and wiped out Luke’s pupils in that flashback sequence in 7.

Luke may have blocked Rey’s memories and hid her away to protect her.

With her memories returning in 7, her training came back to her. So, she didn’t suddenly, magically know the way of the Force. She was simply remembering that she knew it.

Just a theory I hope is proven true in 9.

With all due respect - that is one of the worst theories I've read. If she's of Skywalker lineage (which would include Palpatine, since he created Anakin) then that's all we need to 'accept' her status as a Mary Sue. At least it would explain something.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I think she was Luke’s star pupil, hence Kylo’s jealousy. Rewatch 7 with this in mind. It fits.

She is most likely related, but even if not, her having previous training makes sense.
Post 11 IP   flag post
"Kylo's jealousy"? Where the heck do you get that from...?

Having an ounce of training at a young age does not explain anything, really.

I don't think anyone outside of you would be happy with that 'explanation'.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
She is a clone of Luke like Boba is a clone of Jango, but in surprise twist it turns out Luke is the clone and Ben, sorry Rey is the real Jedi???
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

In 7, Kylo freaks out anytime anyone mentions “the girl”. His response is way too strong given their supposedly short history together. He’s jealous of her abilities.

It’s just a theory. Not a big deal.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

In 7, Kylo freaks out anytime anyone mentions “the girl”. His response is way too strong given their supposedly short history together. He’s jealous of her abilities.

It’s just a theory. Not a big deal.

He has the temperament of a child. It's transparent that he doesn't actually know who Rey is. That wouldn't make any sense.

Of course none of this is a big big deal. It is a big deal for Star Wars, though.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I’m just saying that beyond “she’s a Skywalker”, previous training is a logical explanation for her quickly adapting manipulation of the force.

It took Luke 3 films to build such abilities.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If they make Rey, gay in this PC society, I quit EVERYTHING Star Wars.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
If they make Rey, gay in this PC society, I quit EVERYTHING Star Wars.

Not going to happen if she goes to the dark side. Kylo Ren has already has that spot locked down.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’m just saying that beyond “she’s a Skywalker”, previous training is a logical explanation for her quickly adapting manipulation of the force.

It took Luke 3 films to build such abilities.

In Star Wars, before the idiocy of Rian Johnson, you require either strong lineage or extreme training to wield The Force.

Luke struggled somewhat because he didn't really believe in The Force that much. Anakin and Rey are completely different. They live(d) in times where Jedi are known to be real.

Whatever happens - we all deserve a fitting end to the Skywalker Saga. I just don't think your idea delivers on that premise.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Whatever happens - we all deserve a fitting end to the Skywalker Saga. I just don't think your idea delivers on that premise.

Wouldn’t that just depend on who Rey turns out to be in the context of the universe?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
NEWS FLASH, THIS JUST IN!!!

Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Agree about the last two movies. I've been a passionate fan since 1977, but after the lazy writing they offered me, I'm waiting on video from now on.

Frickin' spaceship fuel.
Due respect for your own feelings about the series, my own are the reverse ...once I learned the entire storyline and most of the characters were stolen from a comic book story that pre-existed, I came to detest the older three movies and their …."borrowed" ideas, characters and plot.

I remember seeing the first movie in a theater the summer before sixth grade, and going back to school in red or bright yellow t shirts with transfers that featured the droids!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Wouldn’t that just depend on who Rey turns out to be in the context of the universe?

Lol HELL no. I'm not seeing Episode IX just to find out who the F Rey is. There is way more to this story than that.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol HELL no. I'm not seeing Episode IX just to find out who the F Rey is. There is way more to this story than that.

Well, I doubt we’re getting much more than that from 9.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
**SPOILER ALERT**

Disney + Star Wars = CaCa PooPoo
(Last Jedi)
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:

Low expectations will lead to greater enjoyment for you, I suppose.

Considering that Hamill switched from, "completely done with Star Wars" to now being in TROS, I suspect that your doubts are very (very) far off.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Low expectations will lead to greater enjoyment for you, I suppose.

Considering that Hamill switched from, "completely done with Star Wars" to now being in TROS, I suspect that your doubts are very (very) far off.

One can hope.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The Last Jedi is the worst movie I have ever paid money to see, just for the record.

Wow! That's impressive. I can think of way worse movies that I've paid for. Birdcage comes instantly to mind.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Okay but what if Jabba the Hut winds up being Lukes real father and Reys grandparent?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Since Jabba is my favorite character from the Star Wars universe (not Kidding) I’d love it if he was more important to the story. 😏
Post 30 IP   flag post
601338 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?