Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious what the community thinks about corner chip defects (assuming the remainder of the comic is in excellent shape - like a VF). This is from an old Silver Age comic. How many points get knocked off of a grade for a comic that would normally be... say ... a 7.5

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Following, I have this issue x 56 at least
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
If it's already a 7.5, I would imagine its impact to be minor.

Two grade drop (6.5) at the most is what I would think, but 7.0 if anything (unless nothing) *shrug*
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 - I would think a defect that small would not lower the grade on a book in the 7.0 to 7.5 range. Now if you were talking about an otherwise 9.4 book, I would think it would knock it down to around a 9.0. That’s just my opinion, but I have seen books as high as 9.0 with a small tip of one corner missing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. I don't think a tiny chip like that, particularly in a SA book (even more so a Marvel) would have any impact on a book graded 7.5. It's just not enough of a defect.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Just curious what the community thinks about corner chip defects (assuming the remainder of the comic is in excellent shape - like a VF). This is from an old Silver Age comic. How many points get knocked off of a grade for a comic that would normally be... say ... a 7.5

In 7.5 it should not have much off an impact on the grade.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Its nice to have you here to give spot on ask and give thoughts on grading Steve.... just need to go through my collection and round up all 13, 451 instances of grading questions I have and I will be right back! Don't go anywhere!
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Its nice to have you here to give spot on ask and give thoughts on grading Steve.... just need to go through my collection and round up all 13, 451 instances of grading questions I have and I will be right back! Don't go anywhere!

I'm out of here! LOL!
Post 8 IP   flag post
601280 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?