Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 8/16/16991

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SecretCharacter private msg quote post Address this user
Finally, my DCC books will be getting graded!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts for the books submitted for the Vsp, do those books get sorted and submitted ahead of the grading schedule so that all the books can be graded at the same time? Or do they not get sent to the 3rd party verification service until you begin grading the customer's stack?
Post 3 IP   flag post
VSP adds about a week onto the service, so it will ship out with regular orders that were received a week later.
Post 4 IP   flag post
So the non-vsp books get held up in grading until the vsp books come back?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Huffmaster private msg quote post Address this user
Arrrrgh! My receive date is June 30th. I was hoping I would be in this round.

Sigh.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Getting closer to mine
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector howardknoah private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Is there any way then to calculate when comics would be moving to grading that use the Fast Pass option? Thanks.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector svgcomics181 private msg quote post Address this user
i actually got my books return to me the same week they would of gone into grading room, saved then from having those ugly labels, gonna wait to return them back once they 2.0 label rolls in
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Shozzbot private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I'm new to the CBCS forum. Seriously considering crossing over to CBCS on my next submission.
Looking at these turnaround times makes me jealous. I currently have CGC submissions received on May 12th still in processing over there. Although back in Apr/May the CGC turnaround posted to their web was 40 business days and on time, it wasn't till mid July when it's timetable changed to 60 business days. Today it says 75 days. I called CGC customer service yesterday, the wait time for my 3 books submitted in early May will be another month. Over 96 business days = four months!
Yeah, considering the transparency and the frequent shipping updates I've seen here, I'm crossing over to CBCS.

Cheers!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@howardknoah when the Fast Pass was on time it was 3 to just under four weeks turnaround. So now it would be 4-5 weeks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector geminigrey private msg quote post Address this user
Yay, my order just went into shipping status! Those with past experience, how long does it usually take for the grade to be available online, and for the package to actually be shipped?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigrey
Yay, my order just went into shipping status! Those with past experience, how long does it usually take for the grade to be available online, and for the package to actually be shipped?

Once they actually leave the building, then you get the email regarding the grades. Can take a few days to actually be shipped.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
My books from June should move to grading this week, and my books from Boston should show up this week and are all fast pass. I am very nervous and excited. But mostly nervous.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
My books from June should move to grading this week, and my books from Boston should show up this week and are all fast pass. I am very nervous and excited. But mostly nervous.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection

I expect nothing less from you, and could not be happier! Sorry I missed you in Boston, I will be there the whole show next year!
Post 16 IP   flag post
When do books submitted at the shows get entered?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Resurrection they say they get entered the Tuesday after the show. That being said, I submitted books on June 18, but the received date in the system shows July 4. That's two weeks after I submitted them at St Louis comic con.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Revelations
No, they get dated and scheduled for the grading room the Tuesday after the show. Depending on show volume, it can take days, to several weeks to get everything entered into the system.

Your place in the turnaround schedule will be the Tuesday after the show, no matter when they get put into the system.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Hurry up then I fast tracked them all lol
Post 20 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts thanks Steve! That means that my books should be in the vsp process.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector 1952MB private msg quote post Address this user
4 books receive aug-4 consumer w/fast pass: should be back early sept???
Post 22 IP   flag post
@1952MB Mine were received on Aug 3rd and just got the email that they have moved to grading.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
I totally realize it's impossible for most of you fellow collectors but 2 things can make a huge difference. If you can drop them off in person at the CBCS offices, (must make an appointment), and if the 2 day turnaround time can be afforded.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
I totally realize it's impossible for most of you fellow collectors but 2 things can make a huge difference. If you can drop them off in person at the CBCS offices, (must make an appointment), and if the 2 day turnaround time can be afforded.
Definitely agree with that. A bit too far by about 1,500 miles to drop off, but definitely going to utilize the 2 day moving forward. Not too much of a cost difference.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@howardknoah,Yeah, even though I live 3 1/2 hours away, I gave my son $100 and a tank of gas and he left this morning, dropped 16 books off for me and he's home. The best part about it is, my books are already in "grading" status! I do realize that's not feasible for a lot of folks but a total of roughly a week from drop off to receiving them back. I'll pay the extra every time and make the trip if I can!
Post 26 IP   flag post
@SilverAgeFan 16 Harley Quinn variants? Haha
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Revelations, nope, a few though. That Wench has a stranglehold on my bank account. She is waiting on several of her sisters to show up in the mail!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Muggyman84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@howardknoah,Yeah, even though I live 3 1/2 hours away, I gave my son $100 and a tank of gas and he left this morning, dropped 16 books off for me and he's home. The best part about it is, my books are already in "grading" status! I do realize that's not feasible for a lot of folks but a total of roughly a week from drop off to receiving them back. I'll pay the extra every time and make the trip if I can!

I live in orlando and wouldn't mind making the trip do you pick books up also or just have them shipped back?
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Muggyman84, so far, I've just had them sent back. The gas, lunch and time are about equal. You live even closer than I do. If I lived near Orlando, I'd make the trip both ways. What I like about dropping off in person is by the next day, they're in the system instead of waiting thier turn in the mail line to be unpacked and entered.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601502 38 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?