Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

CBCS 101: A Newbie's Guide.9896

Collector SPARTANMANIC private msg quote post Address this user
How would i ship it?
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector CaptAjax private msg quote post Address this user
I ship using USPS. Unfortunately, they charge $25 to return via Fedx……so,
The reholder will cost you $12 + $25 = $37 + your shipping to them (about $10 via USPS).

Approx $47 I usually wait and send 3 or more at the same time to reholder and/or grade. You can send some to grade and others to reholder in the same USPS box. If you do that you will save $$$$
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector SPARTANMANIC private msg quote post Address this user
Okay I have issue #1 of Silver Sable should I send it in to get graded?
Post 478 IP   flag post
Anytime I am considering having a comic graded, I look it up on eBay to determine it’s possible worth. Unless it is for your private collection, then Yes!

Also, if you can get it signed by the writer and / or artist the value could double!
Post 479 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTANMANIC
Okay I have issue #1 of Silver Sable should I send it in to get graded?

That’s a difficult question to ask since it is really up to your own personal criteria. Some people look at it strictly from a financial perspective which makes sense since slabbing isn’t exactly cheap, but there are a lot of reasons people slab and grade comics.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector NickinDallas private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I am new to the hobby and was wondering something. I bought a 9.8 white pages autograph comic and it needs to be re slab would they regrade it after they re slab it?

Yes, i believe they regrade before they reslab to make sure the book was not damaged while encased. It is possible to get a lower/different grade from the original submission.
Post 481 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinDallas
Quote:
I am new to the hobby and was wondering something. I bought a 9.8 white pages autograph comic and it needs to be re slab would they regrade it after they re slab it?

Yes, i believe they regrade before they reslab to make sure the book was not damaged while encased. It is possible to get a lower/different grade from the original submission.

hmmmm...I was told that they would not regrade a reholder unless is was being signed by an artist. Interesting.
Post 482 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@NickinDallas @CaptAjax If a graded book is submitted for a reholder service then it will NOT be regraded, regardless of whether it is signed or not. If the case is significantly damaged or the book otherwise compromised then it does not qualify for the reholder service and will have to be regraded.

If a graded book must be removed from the holder in order to get signed then yes, the book needs to be regraded
Post 483 IP   flag post
598094 483 8