Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Submitting to CBCS: A Newbie's Guide9896

Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know the current time allowance between getting a book signed and into CBCS for yellow label?

Had a few signed recently but due to a previous label error (and waiting for an email response/resolve) I didnt send them off straight away (presuming I would send together with the incorrect label slab return) but think I've now missed the timescale.

Thanks
Post 51 IP   flag post
CBCS President sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdcomics
Does anyone know the current time allowance between getting a book signed and into CBCS for yellow label?

Had a few signed recently but due to a previous label error (and waiting for an email response/resolve) I didnt send them off straight away (presuming I would send together with the incorrect label slab return) but think I've now missed the timescale.

Thanks

Please email me all important info about this and I will try and help you. sborock@cbcscomics.com
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Konk Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Sending multiple books at a time helps to even out the shipping cost per book, but the cost is still generally going to go up with more books because of the weight and insurance. Definitely separate out books that are going to pressing before grading if you're doing that because they go to different places.

Also think about separating out books by the grading tier. Moderns and expanded have the same turnaround time, but if you get something into the 2-day modern or quickstream price range they will be graded faster. But CBCS holds all the books in an order together until the slowest one is done. If you have some moderns and some 2-day moderns and want the 2-days back as soon as they're done, you can send it all together in one box but you need to make two orders so they ship back to you separately.

A membership is worthwhile in two cases a) if you can use the coupons and/or b) if you're going to send enough books that the member discount adds up for you.

For A, for example, a gold membership gets you 2 for 1 on a one-day grading. If you aren't sending anything for one-day grading, that level of membership isn't doing anything for you. I usually send moderns of not-that-high value so I get a bronze membership when I need to renew. Keep in mind that if you use the coupon you might have different tiers like I described above.

For B, the coupons are basically the cost of the membership so if you use the coupons the member discount is gravy. If you got a bronze membership but never use the coupons, you need to send 50 books in a year to break even. $2 discount per book times 50 books = $100 membership fee. If you're doing other stuff like fast pass that gets a discount then the number of books changes a bit but the idea still stands.

Dang Xkonk ,
Thank you for such a great and informative response. It made my ol beat up hands hurt just thinking about that much typing.

For what its worth. I crumbled in the face of adversity.
I locked up and went defcon 2 .
I forgot the face of my father.
I am afraid Mr. Miyagi, I'm Afraid
“It’s OK to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear.”

Ok that might be a bit dramatic . I had sticker shock for my first 7 books at a time when I should be selling others, Or hell maybe my math is off... probably
Either way. I will strengthen my conviction and climb that hill next week
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector flanders private msg quote post Address this user
If I mail one order to FL for pressing & grading and another order to TX for grading only, can the grading only order be held so that return shipping for both orders can be combined? If so how would I go about doing this?
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
No for the same reasons CBCS requires pressed and non-pressed books on separate invoices. The logistics of matching orders from two different locations and/or holding books to not be pressed at one location or holding completed books for over a month (standard tat vs pressing tat) at the other was not something they wanted to deal with.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders you could try putting it on one order and sending it all to FL, but I would talk to customer service first.
Post 56 IP   flag post
CBCS Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
If I mail one order to FL for pressing & grading and another order to TX for grading only, can the grading only order be held so that return shipping for both orders can be combined? If so how would I go about doing this?

Not at this time, they would have to ship separately.
Post 57 IP   flag post
274391 57 7
destitute