Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

CBCS 101: A Newbie's Guide.9896

Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Kasperb991 Where are you getting your pricing from?

I see Modern Express Grading + Pressing as $80 ($40 pressing + $40 Grading).

The price drops to $72 with a membership ($36 Grading + $36 Pressing)

The pressing price DOES NOT include grading

Post 326 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Kasperb991 Where are you getting your pricing from?

I see Modern Express Grading + Pressing as $80 ($40 pressing + $40 Grading). That's the website prices I used and I just submitted 2 books express at 75 a pop and one with fast press was 15 and I'm a free member

The price drops to $72 with a membership ($36 Grading + $36 Pressing)

The pressing price DOES NOT include grading
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector Lloe01 private msg quote post Address this user
Never mind. I found it. Where do I find the cost of all the tiers?
I can’t find it by searching. Any help, please?
Thanks
Post 328 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Kasperb991 Yes, I linked to those same pricing charts but none of those add up to the numbers you gave

Regardless, Modern Express Grading + Pressing is $80 ($40 pressing + $40 Grading).

With a membership you save 10%, bringing the price to $72 ($36 Grading + $36 Pressing)
Post 329 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Kasperb991 Yes, I linked to those same pricing charts but none of those add up to the numbers you gave

Regardless, Modern Express Grading + Pressing is $80 ($40 pressing + $40 Grading).

With a membership you save 10%, bringing the price to $72 ($36 Grading + $36 Pressing)

I was using express plus and the fast press option for me on my invoice e shows
75 dollars for the grading with a 5 day turn around and 15 for the press = 90 dollars per my invoice.. maybe I oi ked the wrong pressing option I dunno but they said 15 dollars
Post 330 IP   flag post

@dielinfinite
Post 331 IP   flag post

Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
That looks like Express Plus grading but regular speed pressing - I wouldn't recommend it.
Post 333 IP   flag post
@Kasperb991 You hadn’t specified Express Plus so I was looking at Express pricing

I am pretty sure what you are seeing is an error with the submission form since $15 is the standard price for pressing, not Express Plus.

Per the Pressing Pricing Page, Express Plus Pressing should be $65 plus Express Plus Grading at $75 for a total of $140

With membership Express Plus pressing goes down to $59 and Grading to $68 for a total of $127
Post 334 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
That looks like Express Plus grading but regular speed pressing - I wouldn't recommend it.
it doesn't give me an option to change the pressing speed
Post 335 IP   flag post
@Kasperb991 It shouldn’t. Pressing speed always matches the grading speed, which is why I said it was an error in the submission form
Post 336 IP   flag post
Well dang so now I can expect a few more dollars to grt charged to my account cuz the bill total reflects the 90 plus 75 for the other book and shipping at 202. What whludl they have done if I just did a check or money order in that case...
Post 337 IP   flag post
And it keeps the same error even today at the same price but is now saying a 56 week TAT..
Post 338 IP   flag post
@Kasperb991 The order would’ve stopped at billing and you would’ve been asked to pay the remaining balance before it went into the queue.
Post 339 IP   flag post
Ok dumb question if I get pgx graded book amd want it regarded from cbcs I already know the grade will probably go down is it better to send it in the slab or Crack it my self ?
Post 340 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Kasperb991 I'd send it in the slab for added protection.
Post 341 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Leave in slab. It will provide extra protection and if you are like most folks and not used to opening slabs leave it to someone who does it daily. The only time you might wanna do it yourself is if there is a signature inside you want picture of.
Post 342 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Leave in slab. It will provide extra protection and if you are like most folks and not used to opening slabs leave it to someone who does it daily. The only time you might wanna do it yourself is if there is a signature inside you want picture of.

So the pgx grade wouldn't have any bearing on the CBCS grade from your alls previous experience?
Post 343 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
None. I sent in a batman book and pgx didn't notate there was a signature inside. Cbcs was kind enough to let me know and I had it verified. As for the grade I think it's pretty much given pgx grades are worthless and nobody I'd going to go on their opinion. Essentially buying a pgx book is like buying a raw book.

Post 344 IP   flag post
Quote:
None. I sent in a batman book and pgx didn't notate there was a signature inside. Cbcs was kind enough to let me know and I had it verified. As for the grade I think it's pretty much given pgx grades are worthless and nobody I'd going to go on their opinion. Essentially buying a pgx book is like buying a raw book.

Out of curiosity what was the PGX grade?
Post 345 IP   flag post
I "think" pgx gave it a 8.5, but I had the book presssed by cbcs.
Post 346 IP   flag post
Quote:
I "think" pgx gave it a 8.5, but I had the book presssed by cbcs.
ahh ok gotcha it is a ASM 361 pgx 9.4 but I really just want the book and would get it pressed also I'm trying to do a frame that had

ASM 300 1st venom
ASM 361 1st carnage
ASM 569 1st anti venom

In a single frame all cbcs graded I think it would look sick as they are my fav butttt I can't find an ASM 569 2nd print with anti venom.on the cover for a good price yet lol
Post 347 IP   flag post
That sounds like it would be interesting. Do you have a frame already picked fir tbe set?
Post 348 IP   flag post
Quote:
That sounds like it would be interesting. Do you have a frame already picked fir tbe set?

Oo yeah the collectors resource guys that have the 3 books with uv protection that 2 are the same level one is higher or lower depending on how you hang out
Post 349 IP   flag post

no these are not my books lol
Post 350 IP   flag post
Ok question because I have tried calling and emailing and I grt thst I should grt a response in the order it was recieved etc.. but I need to speak to someone in the billing department I believe does anyone have any number or email information they could PM me to grt in touch with someone in that area?
Post 351 IP   flag post
billing@cbcscomics.com
Post 352 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite thanks any. Hence you have a number also ?
Post 353 IP   flag post
sorry, can’t help you there
Post 354 IP   flag post
Collector justinslot private msg quote post Address this user
So the last time I was considering a paid membership for CBCS the tiers were named for metals and there were coupons and such that came with them. I am reconsidering a membership now as I want to start submitting some of my more valuable/interesting books. (I have never gotten my own raw books graded before.) And the paid membership has changed completely since I looked at this last, apparently. I just want to make sure I understand the current paid membership:

--No more different levels; $200 a year for everybody.
--The $200 entitles me to discounted grading fees and a faster turnaround time, as listed here:

https://www.cbcscomics.com/membership

And that's all the $200 provides, grading fee discounts and faster processing times. I do not get back any part of that $200 in credits towards fees like at the distinguished competition. Correct? I don't feel like the membership benefits are really spelled out clearly anywhere, so I wanted to make sure I understand what I'm buying before I sign up...and I know from lurking at this forum I can expect a quicker answer here than from CBCS customer service. Thanks.
Post 355 IP   flag post
601212 489 30