Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus, You are correct. all 3 of mine were moderns, i made sure of that so as not to have the exact problem i had.

so let me see if I understand your point. you feel that CGC was right and justified for having a separate tier for putting on a label with a character on it? and charge extra for shipping? even though they charge you 5 dollars already for that label? if you agree that this is fair and just, then we cannot continue this conversation because this is the classic "agree to disagree". No harm no foul.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I do have one more thing to point about this. Tiers are usually defined by the comic. Either it's age or value will dictate the appropriate tier. You have the option of upgrading to a quicker tier if you desire. So when CGC makes a tier just because they are offering a special label, it is unexpected. It may be SOP for CGC, but having a tier defined by a label and not the comic is not common. I realize that is because these are "special and unique" labels, but they could make it clearer that they are a tier all their own. I don't see how that is an unreasonable expectation.

Take CBCS's ART label. It is clearly set apart as a different program altogether. It is not a "tier" or an option. CGC could do something similar with their specialized labels.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

I would think most people would agree, easier=better. Apparently, I'm wrong.

You knew that the books were going to be processed under 3 tiers, correct? Why would CGC assume that you'd want them held until the 3rd tier is done processing...? All you had to do was call CGC and ask, prior to your order, how to hold them for 1 shipment.

I just don't understand how "CGC sucks" here, man. It sounds like typical modern entitlement - despite that you say "I screwed up".


"...typical modern entitlement..." What an interesting overview.

Do you ever have any insight, or are you just a parrot troll?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@theCapraAegagrus, You are correct. all 3 of mine were moderns, i made sure of that so as not to have the exact problem i had.

so let me see if I understand your point. you feel that CGC was right and justified for having a separate tier for putting on a label with a character on it? and charge extra for shipping? even though they charge you 5 dollars already for that label? if you agree that this is fair and just, then we cannot continue this conversation because this is the classic "agree to disagree". No harm no foul.

I don't have a feeling of CGC's "righteousness". It is simply a fact that this is how they do business. It's a part of the reason that I have zero interest in those stupid labels.

If you think CGC "sucks" because you seemingly don't understand how they process orders, then I'd hate to hear your opinion on any business at all.

My understanding is that anyone and everyone else who has ordered these labels had no misunderstandings about how they were going to be processed and shipped. You're wrongfully blaming CGC here.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I do have one more thing to point about this. Tiers are usually defined by the comic. Either it's age or value will dictate the appropriate tier. You have the option of upgrading to a quicker tier if you desire. So when CGC makes a tier just because they are offering a special label, it is unexpected. It may be SOP for CGC, but having a tier defined by a label and not the comic is not common. I realize that is because these are "special and unique" labels, but they could make it clearer that they are a tier all their own. I don't see how that is an unreasonable expectation.

Take CBCS's ART label. It is clearly set apart as a different program altogether. It is not a "tier" or an option. CGC could do something similar with their specialized labels.


Agreed.
Post 80 IP   flag post


Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I do have one more thing to point about this. Tiers are usually defined by the comic. Either it's age or value will dictate the appropriate tier. You have the option of upgrading to a quicker tier if you desire. So when CGC makes a tier just because they are offering a special label, it is unexpected. It may be SOP for CGC, but having a tier defined by a label and not the comic is not common. I realize that is because these are "special and unique" labels, but they could make it clearer that they are a tier all their own. I don't see how that is an unreasonable expectation.

Take CBCS's ART label. It is clearly set apart as a different program altogether. It is not a "tier" or an option. CGC could do something similar with their specialized labels.

Your opinion is fine and dandy. I agree that it would be in the customer's best interests to process all labels of a tier together. That could be a logistical nightmare for CGC, though.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
i just want to clarify, by label I just mean a spider-man label that should not add anything except the 5 dollar cost that CGC charges. it is just the simple press of a button to send the grade and info to the printer that is loaded with those labels instead of the printer that is loaded with the plain lables and insert, like normal. Making that a separate tier is the part I don't get. I know this step's time to complete is (or for good customer service should be)completely negligible.

Just in case I wasn't clear earlier
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
i just want to clarify, by label I just mean a spider-man label that should not add anything except the 5 dollar cost that CGC charges. it is just the simple press of a button to send the grade and info to the printer that is loaded with those labels instead of the printer that is loaded with the plain lables and insert, like normal. Making that a separate tier is the part I don't get. I know this step's time to complete is (or for good customer service should be)completely negligible.

Just in case I wasn't clear earlier

That is not how it works.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
got it.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus, Still besties?
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@theCapraAegagrus, Still besties?

I already have 2. You'd have to accept 3rd place.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@theCapraAegagrus, Still besties?


LOL!!!!!!!🍻
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
NO Way man! I'm going to start a new thread and campaign on it for best of the besties.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
NO Way man! I'm going to start a new thread and campaign on it for best of the besties.

You could never get to #1. I've known my best of best friends his entire life. I was in the hospital when he was born lol. Our dads are best friends, too.

Destiny fulfilled.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@theCapraAegagrus, Still besties?

I already have 2. You'd have to accept 3rd place.


I retract my previous post because being number 3 is way better than being number 1 or number 2 (if you get my meaning).
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

I would think most people would agree, easier=better. Apparently, I'm wrong.

You knew that the books were going to be processed under 3 tiers, correct? Why would CGC assume that you'd want them held until the 3rd tier is done processing...? All you had to do was call CGC and ask, prior to your order, how to hold them for 1 shipment.

I just don't understand how "CGC sucks" here, man. It sounds like typical modern entitlement - despite that you say "I screwed up".


"...typical modern entitlement..." What an interesting overview.

Do you ever have any insight, or are you just a parrot troll?
Just an interested observer, whereas your words offer an unnecessarily angry and assumptive tone.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@RRO bingo!🍻
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

My understanding is that anyone and everyone else who has ordered these labels had no misunderstandings about how they were going to be processed and shipped. You're wrongfully blaming CGC here.

Just wanted to point out that this is incorrect.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO

Just an interested observer, whereas your words offer an unnecessarily angry and assumptive tone.

An "observer" interested in inferring emotion from emotionless text...?
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

My understanding is that anyone and everyone else who has ordered these labels had no misunderstandings about how they were going to be processed and shipped. You're wrongfully blaming CGC here.

Just wanted to point out that this is incorrect.

This is the first time I've seen anyone complain about it since they've started rolling them out. Proof?
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
An "observer" interested in inferring emotion from emotionless text...?


Emotions can be derived from anything. A smell, a taste. A sight.

An example.

I just sent a condolence card to a dear friend. I haven't seen her in ages. She said it made her cry. She just read my enclosed letter and apparently it triggered an emotion.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
An "observer" interested in inferring emotion from emotionless text...?


Emotions can be derived from anything. A smell, a taste. A sight.

An example.

I just sent a condolence card to a dear friend. I haven't seen her in ages. She said it made her cry. She just read my enclosed letter and apparently it triggered an emotion.

That's eliciting emotion.

In the case of this thread, an "observer" is inferring my emotion (incorrectly, I might add).
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I cant believe I allowed myself to get sucked into troll infested waters.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I cant believe I allowed myself to get sucked into troll infested waters.


It's your own fault, "you knew the job was dangerous when your took it".
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort

A moment of weakness. When I see questionable acts, sometimes I allow emotions to override logic.

However, I stopped at 1 post. Pretty soon, I'll let all bullshit slide and not give a crsp about the virtual world and real world....
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte, I certainly hope you don't mean that. I'm sorry if there are issues. I do appreciate your sense of right. however it is difficult to read into these posts as they also seem hostile at times to me also but I want to offer the benefit of the doubt to the writer and stay out of what seems like the fray but just as you mention, it is difficult sometimes (I try, but fail way more than i like to admit).
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort

I'm just kidding. My caring about people has saved a few lives. If I shut that part of me down, I'd be no better than the trolls that contribute squat to the world.

As for yourself, the fact you try and give the benefit of doubt and still have faith that there is some good in sometimes "cloaked" negative comments, show you are better than myself and most folks.

Anyways, that's my 1/2 cent thought on the matter. (One day my thoughts might be worth a penny, but not until I gain a bit more knowledge and grace)
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte, whew! you made me a little nervous. I've interacted with you before and think you have great insight, such as it is.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte sometimes it's hard not to feed the trolls. I too find it difficult and find myself having to surf elsewhere for a while.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Bronte sometimes it's hard not to feed the trolls. I too find it difficult and find myself having to surf elsewhere for a while.


while I agree with what you said and have had the same feelings, I have read way too much hate speech on the CGC forums to ever go back there (never posted) so unless something goes horribly awry, i will stay put.
Post 105 IP   flag post
394474 112 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?