Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
So... "CGC sucks" because of your mistakes? That doesn't make any sense to me.


Nope. CGC sucks because They act like first Time submitters should automatically know what to do. The website does not make it easy and even they can’t tell you where to find the correct information, to my chagrin.

I think that your attitude sucks and that you simply didn't read everything.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
So... "CGC sucks" because of your mistakes? That doesn't make any sense to me.


Nope. CGC sucks because They act like first Time submitters should automatically know what to do. The website does not make it easy and even they can’t tell you where to find the correct information, to my chagrin.

I think that your attitude sucks and that you simply didn't read everything.



Yikes! Sorry, I don’t get personal on these forums I figure everyone is entitled to their opinion. Thanks
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
So... "CGC sucks" because of your mistakes? That doesn't make any sense to me.


Nope. CGC sucks because They act like first Time submitters should automatically know what to do. The website does not make it easy and even they can’t tell you where to find the correct information, to my chagrin.

I think that your attitude sucks and that you simply didn't read everything.


Still friends?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
lol!!!!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
I'm confused... Both sexually and because of this interaction...
Post 55 IP   flag post


Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I'm confused... Both sexually and because of this interaction...


Now I’m confused. Just making sure we’re good.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I'm confused... Both sexually and because of this interaction...


Now I’m confused. Just making sure we’re good.

Define "good". Like, I'm being micro-managed by my boss' boss' boss. So, I'm not really "good" per se. I wouldn't say I'm "bad", either. Are you good?
Post 57 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I'm confused... Both sexually and because of this interaction...


Now I’m confused. Just making sure we’re good.

I believe there are camps that help you overcome your confusion.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
studleu_dudley If by “camps” you mean an asylum? I think I’ll pass.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I'm confused... Both sexually and because of this interaction...


Now I’m confused. Just making sure we’re good.


I have been in business long enough to know that one should make it as easy as possible customers to DO business. I do understand the position of a company covering their arses but please make the steps to navigate through a morass of details something that we can do without it needlessly costing us.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I'm confused... Both sexually and because of this interaction...


Now I’m confused. Just making sure we’re good.


I have been in business long enough to know that one should make it as easy as possible customers to DO business. I do understand the position of a company covering their arses but please make the steps to navigate through a morass of details something that we can do without it needlessly costing us.


I would think most people would agree, easier=better. Apparently, I'm wrong.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

I would think most people would agree, easier=better. Apparently, I'm wrong.

You knew that the books were going to be processed under 3 tiers, correct? Why would CGC assume that you'd want them held until the 3rd tier is done processing...? All you had to do was call CGC and ask, prior to your order, how to hold them for 1 shipment.

I just don't understand how "CGC sucks" here, man. It sounds like typical modern entitlement - despite that you say "I screwed up".
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

I would think most people would agree, easier=better. Apparently, I'm wrong.

You knew that the books were going to be processed under 3 tiers, correct? Why would CGC assume that you'd want them held until the 3rd tier is done processing...? All you had to do was call CGC and ask, prior to your order, how to hold them for 1 shipment.

I just don't understand how "CGC sucks" here, man. It sounds like typical modern entitlement - despite that you say "I screwed up".


"...typical modern entitlement..." What an interesting overview.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Ok maybe I’m terrible at explaining things, probably am. Let me try again. I entered 3 books into the order form made sure they were all modern to avoid different tiers. Entered values at the end I the form gave me a total, how was I supposed to know that my total would be different once the books were revived? The computer knew I had one modern for grading, 1 modern for grading with a promo label and one reholder. Why didn’t the total on the form reflect the correct price? I had no idea it was wrong and that I should’ve researched something when I clearly had a total CGC provides me.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow this has become quite the controversial thread! Questions of policy, questions of sexuality, questions of sanity and questions of forum board brotherhood!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

I would think most people would agree, easier=better. Apparently, I'm wrong.

You knew that the books were going to be processed under 3 tiers, correct? Why would CGC assume that you'd want them held until the 3rd tier is done processing...? All you had to do was call CGC and ask, prior to your order, how to hold them for 1 shipment.

I just don't understand how "CGC sucks" here, man. It sounds like typical modern entitlement - despite that you say "I screwed up".


"...typical modern entitlement..." What an interesting overview.

I'm not some old fogey. My generation is oddly entitled.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
Wow this has become quite the controversial thread! Questions of policy, questions of sexuality, questions of sanity and questions of forum board brotherhood!

I question your overuse of the word question.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Ok maybe I’m terrible at explaining things, probably am. Let me try again. I entered 3 books into the order form made sure they were all modern to avoid different tiers. Entered values at the end I the form gave me a total, how was I supposed to know that my total would be different once the books were revived? The computer knew I had one modern for grading, 1 modern for grading with a promo label and one reholder. Why didn’t the total on the form reflect the correct price? I had no idea it was wrong and that I should’ve researched something when I clearly had a total CGC provides me.

Yes lol.

Did the form tell you total shipping costs, because IIRC, that isn't calculated until after your submission has been completed? Am I missing something else here?
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

I would think most people would agree, easier=better. Apparently, I'm wrong.

You knew that the books were going to be processed under 3 tiers, correct? Why would CGC assume that you'd want them held until the 3rd tier is done processing...? All you had to do was call CGC and ask, prior to your order, how to hold them for 1 shipment.

I just don't understand how "CGC sucks" here, man. It sounds like typical modern entitlement - despite that you say "I screwed up".


"...typical modern entitlement..." What an interesting overview.

I'm not some old fogey. My generation is oddly entitled.


You could be a young fogey for all I know, I do not make assumptions.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
Wow this has become quite the controversial thread! Questions of policy, questions of sexuality, questions of sanity and questions of forum board brotherhood!

I question your overuse of the word question.


Actually it was “questions”.......
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Ok maybe I’m terrible at explaining things, probably am. Let me try again. I entered 3 books into the order form made sure they were all modern to avoid different tiers. Entered values at the end I the form gave me a total, how was I supposed to know that my total would be different once the books were revived? The computer knew I had one modern for grading, 1 modern for grading with a promo label and one reholder. Why didn’t the total on the form reflect the correct price? I had no idea it was wrong and that I should’ve researched something when I clearly had a total CGC provides me.

Yes lol.

Did the form tell you total shipping costs, because IIRC, that isn't calculated until after your submission has been completed? Am I missing something else here?


Maybe it doesn't and I am recalling incorrectly but even if I am wrong why can't it calculate everything, I enter all the info correctly (apparently a miracle in itself) I order items all the time and get all totals, shipping, taxes, tariffs, whatever. Why can't CGC's sytem do that for me.

P.s. I already know I'm dumb you don't have to remind me (my wife (whom i love *in case she reads this*)) reminds me every day).
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I'm confused... Both sexually and because of this interaction...


Now I’m confused. Just making sure we’re good.

I believe there are camps that help you overcome your confusion.


Wow! Starting to think I should apologize for the Vaseline comment I dropped into the discussion over CGC submissions awhile back. Hey guys, it was just a joke! ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Ok maybe I’m terrible at explaining things, probably am. Let me try again. I entered 3 books into the order form made sure they were all modern to avoid different tiers. Entered values at the end I the form gave me a total, how was I supposed to know that my total would be different once the books were revived? The computer knew I had one modern for grading, 1 modern for grading with a promo label and one reholder. Why didn’t the total on the form reflect the correct price? I had no idea it was wrong and that I should’ve researched something when I clearly had a total CGC provides me.


It’s very clear that you feel abused by the process. Sadly, there’s probably wiggle room in the CGC’s pricing policy guidelines that provides them with cover for whatever they charge. Businesses usually have legal wording in fine print that protects them from disputes over their service and charging practices that limit the extent of their liability.

That said, even if they’ve dotted all the “i’s“ and crossed all the “t’s” legally, they can’t avoid the bad optics of complicity in a business practice that misinforms unwary customers resulting in overcharging. Service reviews help collectors decide whether they can entrust their business to the CGC. It also informs folks what to watch out for policy-wise.
.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I'm confused... Both sexually and because of this interaction...


Now I’m confused. Just making sure we’re good.

I believe there are camps that help you overcome your confusion.


Wow! Starting to think I should apologize for the Vaseline comment I dropped into the discussion over CGC submissions awhile back. Hey guys, it was just a joke! ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Ok maybe I’m terrible at explaining things, probably am. Let me try again. I entered 3 books into the order form made sure they were all modern to avoid different tiers. Entered values at the end I the form gave me a total, how was I supposed to know that my total would be different once the books were revived? The computer knew I had one modern for grading, 1 modern for grading with a promo label and one reholder. Why didn’t the total on the form reflect the correct price? I had no idea it was wrong and that I should’ve researched something when I clearly had a total CGC provides me.




It’s very clear that you feel abused by the process. Sadly, there’s probably wiggle room in the CGC’s pricing policy guidelines that provides them with cover for whatever they charge. Businesses usually have legal wording in fine print that protects them from disputes over their service and charging policies that limit the extent of their liability.

That said, even if they’ve dotted all the “i’s“ and crossed all the “t’s” legally, they can’t avoid the bad optics of complicity in a business practice that misinforms unwary customers resulting in overcharging. Service reviews help collectors decide whether they can entrust their business to the CGC. It also informs folks what to watch out for policy-wise.
.


@CatmanAmerica, you're my Hero (hopefully that cannot be inferred in a sexual way).
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I'm confused... Both sexually and because of this interaction...


Now I’m confused. Just making sure we’re good.

I believe there are camps that help you overcome your confusion.

Boy Erased
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

Did the form tell you total shipping costs, because IIRC, that isn't calculated until after your submission has been completed? Am I missing something else here?


Maybe it doesn't and I am recalling incorrectly but even if I am wrong why can't it calculate everything, I enter all the info correctly (apparently a miracle in itself) I order items all the time and get all totals, shipping, taxes, tariffs, whatever. Why can't CGC's sytem do that for me.

P.s. I already know I'm dumb you don't have to remind me (my wife (whom i love *in case she reads this*)) reminds me every day).

Precisely because of what happened here. Say a customer ships in what they -submit- as 5 Modern books, but 1 of them is Silver Age. CGC isn't going to bite the bullet, process them all under the same tier, and ship them together. They're going to do their job, separate the tiers, and ship them as they typically do.

Again - it's not fair to blame CGC and claim that "they suck" when it's SOP.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus, You are correct. all 3 of mine were moderns, i made sure of that so as not to have the exact problem i had.

so let me see if I understand your point. you feel that CGC was right and justified for having a separate tier for putting on a label with a character on it? and charge extra for shipping? even though they charge you 5 dollars already for that label? if you agree that this is fair and just, then we cannot continue this conversation because this is the classic "agree to disagree". No harm no foul.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I do have one more thing to point about this. Tiers are usually defined by the comic. Either it's age or value will dictate the appropriate tier. You have the option of upgrading to a quicker tier if you desire. So when CGC makes a tier just because they are offering a special label, it is unexpected. It may be SOP for CGC, but having a tier defined by a label and not the comic is not common. I realize that is because these are "special and unique" labels, but they could make it clearer that they are a tier all their own. I don't see how that is an unreasonable expectation.

Take CBCS's ART label. It is clearly set apart as a different program altogether. It is not a "tier" or an option. CGC could do something similar with their specialized labels.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

I would think most people would agree, easier=better. Apparently, I'm wrong.

You knew that the books were going to be processed under 3 tiers, correct? Why would CGC assume that you'd want them held until the 3rd tier is done processing...? All you had to do was call CGC and ask, prior to your order, how to hold them for 1 shipment.

I just don't understand how "CGC sucks" here, man. It sounds like typical modern entitlement - despite that you say "I screwed up".


"...typical modern entitlement..." What an interesting overview.

Do you ever have any insight, or are you just a parrot troll?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@theCapraAegagrus, You are correct. all 3 of mine were moderns, i made sure of that so as not to have the exact problem i had.

so let me see if I understand your point. you feel that CGC was right and justified for having a separate tier for putting on a label with a character on it? and charge extra for shipping? even though they charge you 5 dollars already for that label? if you agree that this is fair and just, then we cannot continue this conversation because this is the classic "agree to disagree". No harm no foul.

I don't have a feeling of CGC's "righteousness". It is simply a fact that this is how they do business. It's a part of the reason that I have zero interest in those stupid labels.

If you think CGC "sucks" because you seemingly don't understand how they process orders, then I'd hate to hear your opinion on any business at all.

My understanding is that anyone and everyone else who has ordered these labels had no misunderstandings about how they were going to be processed and shipped. You're wrongfully blaming CGC here.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I do have one more thing to point about this. Tiers are usually defined by the comic. Either it's age or value will dictate the appropriate tier. You have the option of upgrading to a quicker tier if you desire. So when CGC makes a tier just because they are offering a special label, it is unexpected. It may be SOP for CGC, but having a tier defined by a label and not the comic is not common. I realize that is because these are "special and unique" labels, but they could make it clearer that they are a tier all their own. I don't see how that is an unreasonable expectation.

Take CBCS's ART label. It is clearly set apart as a different program altogether. It is not a "tier" or an option. CGC could do something similar with their specialized labels.


Agreed.
Post 80 IP   flag post
394491 112 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?