Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS GradedMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

New Comic Book Collecting Internet Show989

Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I recently joined a discussion with musicians on a Youtube channel and I had a blast talking with these guys (focused on Van Halen). It sparked my thoughts for doing a show of my own all about comic book collecting.

I started a Live Comic Book discussion page which will be all about discussing comic books, original art, movie props, statues, etc. Anything related to comics with special guests all talking comics.

It is called "Marc's Classic Comics Discussion".

I did the first show last night and will be doing more shows soon with special guests.

If you are interested in the show, i'd love to hear ideas for topics and of course, we will be taking questions etc.

It's going to be a blast. If anyone is interested in talking comics with me on the show...PM me. I am interested!

I want to keep it all positive about comics.

Here's my first show link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnMHBV_Luo
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I liked it and subscribed.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
I liked it and subscribed.

Thank you! More things to come!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
It was interesting and a good start. I think most of us would like to see discussions about what's hot and what was hot but dying slowly (or quickly). The flash in the pans that so many have speculated on, and lost money. Sometimes big money.

I'm not sure about the level of interest in new comics. They just seem to not be as interesting as the older stuff. Probably because I am old though. So take that with a grain of salt.

Good job.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak, I'm curious. What do you think will happen to the value of The Walking Dead comics once the television show is over? My thoughts are the prices will come down somewhat 30 to 40%. What do you think?
But I do agree with you that the speculation that is currently going on cannot last. The gold and silver, And bronze age comics should retain most of their value.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
It was interesting and a good start. I think most of us would like to see discussions about what's hot and what was hot but dying slowly (or quickly). The flash in the pans that so many have speculated on, and lost money. Sometimes big money.

I'm not sure about the level of interest in new comics. They just seem to not be as interesting as the older stuff. Probably because I am old though. So take that with a grain of salt.

Good job.

Thanks and I really appreciate the thoughts and insights.

The focus of the show will be mostly about older comics but I will discuss some newer titles.

Such as Walking Dead 1 and what people think about the value once the show ends... that seems to be a very hot topic.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Well, what is a Roy Rogers #1 worth now?

It depends on how much times has gone by since the show ended, and whether or not spinoff shows come to be.

I would say that two years after the show ends, a #1 9.8 will be worth in the neighborhood of $250-$350.00. And drop a little more each year.

P.S. "Fear the Walking Dead" sucks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Marc_1, I will check out your show. We need something like that. Comic book men not withstanding! It sounds like a really great idea.
And I actually have very few walking dead comics. But I am curious.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak, Fear The Walking Dead does suck!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@conditionfreak, Fear The Walking Dead does suck!

No kidding. 'Teen Angst' during the Zombie Apocalypse? Really?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_1

The focus of the show will be mostly about older comics

YAY!
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I just subbed to you. I will be watching your show after mine concludes this evening! There's a couple of shows out there but all seem to focus on current books or spec on upcoming titles

If anyone is interested in tuning in, my show is at 730PM EST every Tuesday night. Tonight the editor in chief of Aspen Comics will be joining myself and the panel.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I just subbed to you. I will be watching your show after mine concludes this evening! There's a couple of shows out there but all seem to focus on current books or spec on upcoming titles

If anyone is interested in tuning my show is at 730PM EST every Tuesday night. Tonight the editor in chief of Aspen Comics will be joining myself and the panel.

That's great. Please post a link. I'd like to check it out.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's great. Please post a link. I'd like to check it out.

here you go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcw0Qacld-M
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
TWD has become a cultural phenomenon. You never know, TWD might go on forever, much like The Simpsons.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Let's not forget that The Simpson's sucks and should have left in grace years ago
Post 16 IP   flag post
I haven't watched a new episode in like 10 years.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS you haven't missed anything, Bart is still the same age.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Loved the Simpson's when it first started. But now I can't get through an episode.

I guess things just get old after awhile.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The only time I've watched a Simpsons episode in recent years is when my TV is on for background noise while doing something else and it happens to be tuned to FX and it happens to be on.
Post 20 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I recently joined a discussion with musicians on a Youtube channel and I had a blast talking with these guys (focused on Van Halen). It sparked my thoughts for doing a show of my own all about comic book collecting.

I started a Live Comic Book discussion page which will be all about discussing comic books, original art, movie props, statues, etc. Anything related to comics with special guests all talking comics.

I did the first show last night and will be doing more shows soon with special guests.

If you are interested in the show, i'd love to hear ideas for topics and of course, we will be taking questions etc.

It's going to be a blast. If anyone is interested in talking comics with me on the show...PM me. I am interested!

Cool show. I sent you PM as well
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, Marc .. I've just left you a note across the street.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:

The focus of the show will be mostly about older comics

YAY!

+1
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWorthing

Hi Ken,

Thanks but I didn't get a PM. Can you resend it?

Thanks
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Cool show. I sent you PM as well

Got it! Thank you
Post 25 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Marc_1 sent you about 8 emails with pics attached for you to see
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWorthing

Hi Ken,

Thanks but I didn't get a PM. Can you resend it?

Thanks

Hi, Marc.

.. it wsn't a PM, it was a post on your thread about the show (just to say that I've Subscribed, basically)
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be checking this out tonight
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Offbeat_Archives private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a fun idea. Count me in as soon as I get some quiet time to enjoy it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
597912 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?