Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Pvadacchino private msg quote post Address this user
I apologize In advance if these questions have already been addressed

I’m planning to send 30+ books for submission to CBCS Canada for presssing and grading
Tried calling but no one ever answers phone
Question 1. Will the transaction be in USD or CND funds.
Big difference in price
2. If I submit 30 + books for pressing will the price per book be reduced, like it is done at CGC.
3. If I wait for Fan Expo Toronto to submit will they offer on site pressing and grading. Pick up the books on the same weekend.
Save on return shipping.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Pvadacchino We don't have anyone in place full time at the Oakville facility at the moment.

1. The prices on the CBCS Canada site are in CAD but it will be converted to and show as the equivalent in USD on your bank statement.

2. We do not currently offer a discount for pressing.

3. We will not be doing on site pressing or grading at Fan Expo Toronto. If you submit at the show you'll save on the shipping to Oakville (we cover that).
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Pvadacchino private msg quote post Address this user
Are you aware if the promotion of 2 free graded for every 10 is still active.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvadacchino
Are you aware if the promotion of 2 free graded for every 10 is still active.


@Pvadacchino this promo is no longer active. it was for the first 100 submissions to CBCS Canada only.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Pvadacchino private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the answers
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
Just to make sure it is clear, but none of the grading or pressing is done in Canada. The Oakville 'facility' that they take the books from the con to is a distribution location which will mail your books to the main facility in Texas. You cannot pick up your books from this location, they will be mailed back to you from Texas (so there will be shipping costs charged for that)
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
Just to make sure it is clear, but none of the grading or pressing is done in Canada. The Oakville 'facility' that they take the books from the con to is a distribution location which will mail your books to the main facility in Texas. You cannot pick up your books from this location, they will be mailed back to you from Texas (so there will be shipping costs charged for that)
There are return shipping charges but all Canadian orders are returned to Oakville and return shipped from there which reduces that cost significantly.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Tim, can we pick our orders up from Oakville?

That would mean just the return shipping to Oakville only right? Thats a great saving if it works like that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Order can be picked up in Oakville, however, the pick-up schedule is limited to Fridays between 10am-4pm.

Please email me at

spaulus@cbcscomics.com to set up an appointment. If I am traveling to a convention I might not be there and you will not be able to pick up your books.

Thanks
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
Hey Tim, can we pick our orders up from Oakville?

That would mean just the return shipping to Oakville only right? Thats a great saving if it works like that.


even if not cheaper it would at least be one less chance for the postal service to mess things up!!!
I'm about 30 minutes from Oakville - maybe less depending on traffic!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
275075 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute