Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superman #14 and Supergirl #339807

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I called my LCS and they stated they have to return these issues or they can get in trouble from DC... really??? So right now I just saw a set of 4 on eBay for $120. I guess they weren't scared or coerced into destroying them LOL!

Comic Stores Told to Destroy All Copies of Next Week’s “Superman“ #14 and “Supergirl“ #33
clickable text

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's a marketing scam to sell more copies.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The best way to ensure that both issues sell out is to tell everyone to return them. It's even better than having "First Issue Collector's Edition" on the cover!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
maybe they don't want people to see the terrible cover art?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe they shouldn't have cut editors with ~25 years experience in the art department? --> https://www.newsarama.com/43602-mark-chiarello-laid-off-by-dc-entertainment.html
Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
is there some actual reason these were requested to be returned??

Always keep my eyes open for the HC Captain America with a penis drawn on Bucky and an 8 ball drawn on a bad guys head!!! One day I'll bite the bullet and get it!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
The “year of the villain” banner was not supposed to be on these issues. That’s all. The comics do NOT have to be returned, DC does not require proof of destruction, either. Comic stores caught selling them MIGHT lose their ability to get new comics, but that’s highly unlikely to actually happen.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I linked the article in the 1st post
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Always keep my eyes open for the HC Captain America with a penis drawn on Bucky and an 8 ball drawn on a bad guys head!!! One day I'll bite the bullet and get it!
The slipcase set of GA Captain America comics? I have that. What's it going for these days?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
We’re they told...or asked to destroy the copies.

Bet just about every single copy of this will be in circulation Wednesday....or soon thereafter on eBay....
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
The Derrick Chew Supergirl variant is already hitting $30
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
We’re they told...or asked to destroy the copies.

Bet just about every single copy of this will be in circulation Wednesday....or soon thereafter on eBay....

Supergirl #32 had 13,681 for july so i expect August to be around the same
Superman 13 had 34,204 for july

So Supergirl should have lower numbers and be more sought after
Post 12 IP   flag post
With the way these are selling on eBay, I would expect all copies remain safe from being destroyed. What shop is going to throw a $30-$50 book in the garbage??
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I have the Derrick Chew Supergirl variant on pre-order from Midtown. Don't think I'll get it.

DO NOT USE (misprint) Supergirl Vol 7 #33 Cover B Variant Derrick Chew Card Stock Cover (Year Of The Villain Dark Gifts Tie-In)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
I have the Derrick Chew Supergirl variant on pre-order from Midtown. Don't think I'll get it.

DO NOT USE (misprint) Supergirl Vol 7 #33 Cover B Variant Derrick Chew Card Stock Cover (Year Of The Villain Dark Gifts Tie-In)

Yeah i had the Chew variant held for me too. really hoping to get it
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I hear that diamond is monitoring eBay to “follow up” with any LCS they see selling them.

Also, seems like LCSs on east coast are not getting any copies at all
Post 16 IP   flag post
Haven’t seen one today yet...but I’m not pro-actively seeking either. Will stop by 2 more on my way home but even if they did have them out they’re likely long gone by now.

Anyone else spy with their little eye copies today?

I also checked eBay to see if any went up near me, nothing within 150 miles so far.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in Texas, and my LCS didn't get any in either.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
My LCS received the books, but they were "destroyed" when I asked.

Books were apparently recalled due to events taking place simultaneously in both books and both Lighting Lad and Cosmic boy were done very differently between the two books...Bleeding Cool posted about it...DC may have had some concerns that the characters race was different in one book than in the other.

clickable text
Post 19 IP   flag post
600771 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?