Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

eBay Adding OBO w/o Seller Consent9806

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
[In my best Seinfeld voice]

What is deal with eBay adding “or best offers” to my listings WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!!!

On Saturday ebay had a promotion to list 200 items w/out a listing fee…I listed about 50 items that I had previously terminated before the listings had ended so I didn’t get wacked with a 35 cent listing fee as everything is automatically renewed.

I meticulously REMOVED THE OBO OPTION from every single one (because eBay thinks this should be the default). That was Saturday….today I’m getting a bunch of low ball offers….sooooo annoying. WTF, EBAY?!

Thoughts? It seems this occurs whether it automatically relists my items or whether I list them myself (even when I opt out of the OBO).

Every.

F’n.

TIME.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
You can batch edit up to 500 listings at a time.

I did it when I added sales tax to my listings.

It saves tons of labor.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I brought this up in another thread about ebay and people kept telling me I was not turning something off or clicking something. They do this every time a post doesn't sell and with their new format where most auction are only 7 days by default it's taking constant attention to keep up with it. Love getting an offer of $10.00 for something posted at $150 that I know had the "OBO" turned off.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
And yet another reason why I never have or ever will sell on eBay
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I've tried to list books with OBO but it then defaults to 30 days - is there a way to drop it to 7 days??
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I've tried to list books with OBO but it then defaults to 30 days - is there a way to drop it to 7 days??

Maybe, they just changed the interface to a bloody mess. Might be possible now. I used to always have 30, but a couple months ago everything changed to 7-day for my BIN auctions. The only way to change it (as far as I can tell) is to remove the listing and redo it or it keeps re-posting at your original settings.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 yup...sounds like a cluster you know what all the way!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
....or it keeps re-posting at your original settings.

...At the original setting Except they add OBO with a default of 50% of the BIN price....so they modify your listing. I can’t seem to figure out a way around that. Keeps happening even when I manually re-list it and remove OBO from it. That’s my gripe, anyway.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
You can batch edit up to 500 listings at a time.

I did it when I added sales tax to my listings.

It saves tons of labor.

Will check that out later...didn’t know OBO was able to be edited in that manner.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
dislike eBay....but it's a necessary evil....unfortunately.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio Why not just make the Best Offer minimum the price you actually want? Then set the base price 10-30% higher?

I'm not going to lie, I often offer 50-90% on key books just to see what happens - even if its overpriced compared to market.

Maybe you can beat eBay that way?
I dont know - worth a try!
Post 11 IP   flag post
601281 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?