Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Amazing Spider-Man 360 Double Cover9802

Collector CamoFisherman private msg quote post Address this user
I own Amazing Spider-Man 360 Double Cover and it could be graded at a 9.4 or 9.6. (Checked with several comic book store on possible grades)
How much do you think this comic could sell for?
And
How much, on average, does a double cover increase the value of a comic?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Pictures or it doesn't exist
Post 2 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
True that bigredone1945
Post 3 IP   flag post
That makes no sense if i have a picture or not. But whatever, i will upload a photo. Please standby....
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
People that collect double covers will often pay a premium for issues that are legitimate double , triple or even more ...trick is its a niche market and you have to find someone that does collect them. Saw a golden age Green Lantern 1 once with like five covers ….it was priced so high I couldn't even afford to purchase the dust on the outer bag
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Take no offense; it's forum talk for, "We'd very much appreciate a chance to see this."
Post 7 IP   flag post
I am sorry if I came off the wrong way.

But here are the photos y'all have requested.

Thanks again for your input i am thankful for your time.

By the way i only paid $0.50 for the comic.

Post 8 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome I would grade it. Get it pressed first. Just my opinion.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Awesome I would grade it. Get it pressed first. Just my opinion.

What does pressing do?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoFisherman

What does pressing do?

Pressing & cleaning gets you top grade your comic can achieve with the comics available condition.
Post 11 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations on the find. I’ve looked through thousands of comic books and found 1 double cover. In this case this book is 1st appearance of Carnage in cameo. Carnage is currently featured in a Marvel-wide crossover event called Absolute Carnage which will propel him into higher level villain status. Also he will be the villain in the upcoming Venom 2 movie.
I believe this book has strong growth potential as it follows in ASM361’s shadow.
I would get it pressed and graded, then put it up for auction once the Venom 2 trailer drops showing Carnage.
Actually I would personally keep it because I have issues.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
Congratulations on the find. I’ve looked through thousands of comic books and found 1 double cover. In this case this book is 1st appearance of Carnage in cameo. Carnage is currently featured in a Marvel-wide crossover event called Absolute Carnage which will propel him into higher level villain status. Also he will be the villain in the upcoming Venom 2 movie.
I believe this book has strong growth potential as it follows in ASM361’s shadow.
I would get it pressed and graded, then put it up for auction once the Venom 2 trailer drops showing Carnage.
Actually I would personally keep it because I have issues.

Thank you for the info.
Why wait till when the trailer drops? Is that known to be an ideal time?

I will will be selling it and will keep evrryone up to date on the grade it gets to the selling of it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:

What does pressing do?

Pressing & cleaning gets you top grade your comic can achieve with the comics available condition.

Thank you and i will get it pressed.
Post 14 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
A trailer release showing the character reminds people that the movie is coming and they need to get that book now before it goes up after the movie. In reality, past data shows most times related key books peak right before the movie release and (to a lesser extent) at each major trailer release.

This effect was exemplified in a small way when last week it was announced a more favorable director was to be directing Venom 2. In those few days around the announcement there were a handful of sales of ASM361 CGC 9.8’s that sold for 450-$500, when they have been trending around $350-400. That was an announcement that instilled faith that the movie will be well done, comparable to a nice preview of the actual movie. Your ASM360 double cover is unique so we really don’t know what it will fetch; targeting optimum sales trends can’t hurt.
A big positive to getting it graded will be that it’ll certify it is an actual manufacturing error and not cobbled together post-publisher.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
A trailer release showing the character reminds people that the movie is coming and they need to get that book now before it goes up after the movie. In reality, past data shows most times related key books peak right before the movie release and (to a lesser extent) at each major trailer release.

This effect was exemplified in a small way when last week it was announced a more favorable director was to be directing Venom 2. In those few days around the announcement there were a handful of sales of ASM361 CGC 9.8’s that sold for 450-$500, when they have been trending around $350-400. That was an announcement that instilled faith that the movie will be well done, comparable to a nice preview of the actual movie. Your ASM360 double cover is unique so we really don’t know what it will fetch; targeting optimum sales trends can’t hurt.
A big positive to getting it graded will be that it’ll certify it is an actual manufacturing error and not cobbled together post-publisher.

Thank you very much.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CamoFisherman - Cool find! I own at least 5 comics with double covers, but have only had one graded. Here's how CBCS notes the double cover (and lists the grades for both on the label, with the comic itself getting credit for the highest grade).

Post 17 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I am sorry if I came off the wrong way.

But here are the photos y'all have requested.

Thanks again for your input i am thankful for your time.

By the way i only paid $0.50 for the comic.

Whether you press and grade, or don't, I think you should hold onto it. If #361 actually increases to nosebleed levels like Hulk #181, people may re-evaluate their opinions on the significance of 1st Appearance Cameos, and start throwing money there, like Hulk #180.
Post 18 IP   flag post
600857 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?