Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Megaton Explosion population9777

Collector Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to inquire if anyone has seen a Megaton Explosion (Youngblood 1st Appearance). Graded 9.8 or higher by CBCS? I ask because one that I turned in at SDCC for straight grade, no press is on its way back to me. Photo to come next week when I receive.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Not CBCS, but I have seen a CGC one.

There are apparently 14 on the CGC census. 13 universal and 1 signature series.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Hcanes Just sent an email to CBCS Cust Serv. Very curious, as I know CBCS tends to grade more strictly. By the way, white pages. I have had it since 1991 and tried to take very good care of. I am really stoked.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman79
Good luck!

Sounds like @Scifinator already received the grade.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yup, i cheated, couldn't wait & went to Grading Notes and typed in the invoice number -001, -002, -003, etc till the Megaton Explosion came up. I figured it to be a 9.8, but don’t have the special light and equipment of the pro-graders at CBCS, so there was some trepidation.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Hcanes Just sent an email to CBCS Cust Serv. Very curious, as I know CBCS tends to grade more strictly. By the way, white pages. I have had it since 1991 and tried to take very good care of. I am really stoked.

Let us know if you hear anything since CBCS does not have a census. If you a response stating there are "X" amount then maybe we are close to getting a CBCS census.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Hcanes Absolutely will do. For what it is worth, when I recently asked about census, I was told the target is year end. So, since it was "target", I would say not definitive, so we shouldn't hang our hats on it. It's getting exciting though, TAT's dropping and such.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Received two orders with lightning speed. Here is the Megaton Explosion plus a few other comics.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
All I can think of seeing a stack like that is.....

No human being would stack books like this.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Received two orders with lightning speed. Here is the Megaton Explosion plus a few other comics.

Inquiring minds need to know. We need to see the rest! Start scanning and posting, please.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@esaravo In due time, unfortunately, I have a day job and then there is the wife. Basically most of this batch is Bravura, Triumphant, Defiant, and a couple of Chaos like Purgatori embosed chromium cover (9.8)
Post 12 IP   flag post
259347 12 12
destitute