Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Musky Smelling Comics9773

Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m going to to look into it this weekend as well. I have seen the Micro Chamber sheets in a couple of graded books I have popped open. I wasn’t fully sure why they were there but get it now.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I like the way old comic books smell...
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
Hang the book out the window and drive around town pretty fast. Smell gone. I put a dryer sheet in a tupperware type container for a few days, the smell was pretty much neutralized. You can smell it only of you put your nose to it but it didn't give off the strong odor that it did. Helped about 80%
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
I have de mustified plenty of books. Rub hand across each page then place page by page in front of fan for 5-10 min each. Works like a charm.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Ok folks here is an update on my de “mystify” attempt. I ended up trying the comic in a plastic container with a dryer sheet route and I don’t honk it worked that well. I placed the comic in the bin with a sheet of release paper (what I use when pressing comics) underneath the book. I made sure it was nice and flat before outing the book in. Then I taped 1 single dryer sheet to the bottom of the lid so there would be no chance of contact with the book. I left the book in for 36 hours and my opinion of the results is the book came out smelling like both the dryer sheet and the “Must”.

None of my LCS sell
Micro chamber sheets but I will probably still pursue them though EBay.

Sorry Kav, I am not sure I understand your hand swipe fan method. I do appreciate your input though. Botha is and all the best!
Post 30 IP   flag post

@GanaSoth there is a limit to the smell brother man, and I have met it hahaha.
Post 31 IP   flag post
600861 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?