Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Best Animated Movies?9750

PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
A topic that has received no traction on my home boards... I have a ton of DC Animated movies that a mutual friend put on my PC back in January. I'd like some opinions on which:

1. Are great overall.
2. Are true to source material.
3. What Marvel movies may be worth getting/watching.

Let me have 'em!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
For classic anime I love the Space Battle Ship Yamato series from the mid 70's and of course there is always Akira.
Anything from studio Ghibli i.e. Howls Moving Castle, Spirited Away etc. etc. etc...!!!!
Also a sucker for Scooby Doo movies - was a guilty pleasure to "have to watch' them when my son was younger

Have never watched a DC or Marvel animated movie or cartoon!! any of them worth watching??
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
This post isn't about a comic book animated movie. That being said, IMO the best animated movie ever produced is the movie Up.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Wonder Woman (2009 I believe) was AWESOME!

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I really liked Princess Mononoke. 1997
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Sword and the Stone
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector kadargo27 private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Giant hands down is the best animated movie especially the end always chokes me up. My second would Mask of the Phantasm awesome Batman movie
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Ghost In The Shell
Fist Of The North Star
Ninja Scrolls
Akira
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus Not just the best DC Animated movie but one of the best Batman movies PERIOD

Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I collect all the Marvel and DC animated features. I'd say the Bruce Timm lead DC animated films are the best of the lot. As stated above; Mask of the Phantasm is brilliant.

Under The Red Hood film is great.

Of the Marvel films; I really like Planet Hulk, Hulk Vs. and the Ultimate Avengers films (1 & 2).
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic book movie (well at the time, but I'm sure it's been adapted from the novel somewhere), but Black Cauldron has always been one of my favorite animated films. Has the distinction of being one of the early Disney digital animation films along with a PG rating...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Under the Red Hood
Flashpoint paradox
Justice league Doom
Crisis on two earths
Assault on Arkham
Justice league gods & monsters
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Paulbg2000 I was (and still am) too much in love with the Lloyd Alexander novels. Couldn't handle the changes they made!
Post 13 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder "You are already dead"
"8 Devils of Kimon"

The stone demon fight is my fave.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Hands down - Fantasia. It still stands the test of time.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
@Pre_Coder "You are already dead"
"8 Devils of Kimon"

The stone demon fight is my fave.

I'll certainly check it out!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, Akira was ahead of its time for animation! It differed from the comic book a bit, but still great!
Anything related to Batman: the Animated Series was great: Mask of the Phantasm and Sub-Zero.
Spider-Man Into the Spider Verse was awesome!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
As far as comic book related films I with the board that “Mask of the Phantasm” being the best. Outside of Comic book animated films “The Secret of NIMH” is a timeless masterpiece.

Post 18 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder Those are from the animated movies youve listed. lol Kenshiro said it and "8 Devils of Kimon" are the ones from Ninja Scroll
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
heavy metal
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Sword and the Stone

Gee @kaptainmyke sure you must be as auld as meself I can remember going to watch that at the cinema when I was only a wee slip of a lad...….and yes great film
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
@Pre_Coder Those are from the animated movies youve listed. lol Kenshiro said it and "8 Devils of Kimon" are the ones from Ninja Scroll

Thanks! It's been many years.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I have both the animated and live versions of "Fist Of The North Star". They are both keepers!
Post 23 IP   flag post
I also have the animated and live version of Crying Freeman. Both keepers IMO
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite is the Hobbit from 1977. Produced by Rankin Bass. Something about the music and voices makes this very special for me. Of course this was way before what Peter Jackson did for the franchise. I also really like "A year without a Santa Claus" even though that one is stop animation.

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Rankin Bass movies are AWESOME! I love Mad Monster Party!

Post 26 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
My favorite is the Hobbit from 1977. Produced by Rankin Bass. Something about the music and voices makes this very special for me. Of course this was way before what Peter Jackson did for the franchise. I also really like "A year without a Santa Claus" even though that one is stop animation.

@BrianGreensnips Yes!!!!! I totally agree!!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Batman: Hush animated film was released today. haven't watched it yet.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
2 that are fun. One is a tv series that had a ongoing story line

Post 29 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (2013)
Superman Doomsday (2007)
Ultimate Avengers (2006)

Post 30 IP   flag post
601506 39 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?