Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Be careful. It is touchy and I accidentally added a second team. Hopefully it can get deleated. The one I plan on keeping is Michigan Brian Greensnips

OK. That was easy to delete. There is a spot were you can leave the league. I wanted to make sure everyone gets a spot. Good luck all!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder Bears, Ravens, Chargers, and Texans - 99.9% chance one of these four will win the superbowl. Guaranteed.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully it will happen in your great great great great great great great grandchildren
Post 53 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@Pre_Coder Bears, Ravens, Chargers, and Texans - 99.9% chance one of these four will win the superbowl. Guaranteed.
As a Texans fan, I hope you're right, @comic_book_man.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I doubt it. But out of the 4 I would have to go with the Bears.... again.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

Post 56 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp Hey Michael, did you set up a team yet?
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
I haven’t set my team up yet but will later today.
Post 58 IP   flag post
So I created a team and immediately wanted to change the name haha. Can’t figure out how. I think I’m locked in as the “Gotham City Knights”. As cool as that is and all, I would much rather be the “Manassas Ghouls N Ghost”
I’m fine with whatever. On my first ever fantasy league I was the “Albuquerque Pink Tacos”. I still think that one is a winner!
Post 59 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
So I created a team and immediately wanted to change the name haha. Can’t figure out how. I think I’m locked in as the “Gotham City Knights”. As cool as that is and all, I would much rather be the “Manassas Ghouls N Ghost”
I’m fine with whatever. On my first ever fantasy league I was the “Albuquerque Pink Tacos”. I still think that one is a winner!

Winnah!
Post 60 IP   flag post
Hey Pink Tacos all around!
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
There is a spot were you can edit your team info. However I was not able to fit the s in at the end of my team name. I guess I used all the room available.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Fantasy football is not really my thing. As to why not, the short answer is that I already have about a half dozen hobbies that I don’t have enough time for. The longer answer is that I just can’t wrap my brain around rooting for other teams players to score against my team. My sister does fantasy football and whenever we go to a game, or if we are hanging with the fam on thanksgiving watching the Lions, she is always like: “I want the Lions to win, but I want so-and-so and so-and-so to score for the other team”. Blasphemy! It just goes against my fundamental programming.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Quote:

Fantasy football is not really my thing. As to why not, the short answer is that I already have about a half dozen hobbies that I don’t have enough time for. The longer answer is that I just can’t wrap my brain around rooting for other teams players to score against my team. My sister does fantasy football and whenever we go to a game, or if we are hanging with the fam on thanksgiving watching the Lions, she is always like: “I want the Lions to win, but I want so-and-so and so-and-so to score for the other team”. Blasphemy! It just goes against my fundamental programming.

LMAO!!! I do play fantasy football, but I just can't cheer on a guy that is playing against the Vikings!!!! In fact, I've benched players on my teams just because they were playing the Vikings that week!!!! I cringe when I have to start a Packers player!!! My head says it makes sense but my heart is being torn in two!!! The struggle is real!!! LOL!!!
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I've been a die hard Viking Fan my whole life! My Dad is still a season ticket holder and I've been to more games than I can count! I remember going to games in '98 and seeing Randy Moss, Chris Carter and Jake Reed tear up the field!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
So when does draft start
Post 66 IP   flag post
I think we need more teams before we can do this. I think we only got for teams right now. Come on folks let’s do this. It’s Football season!
Post 67 IP   flag post
@Steverogers11 haha true...but did you know the Chicago Bears actually have the best record in the NFL since its inception? But at the same time...only 1 superbowl win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

Fellow Bears fan?
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Steverogers11 haha true...but did you know the Chicago Bears actually have the best record in the NFL since its inception? But at the same time...only 1 superbowl win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

Fellow Bears fan?

Actually I'm a Redskins fan, but I really enjoyed the Bears during the Ditka era.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Im in for a fantasy league. just PM me the details
Post 70 IP   flag post
@antoniofett

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/join?leagueId=59248843&inviteId=26267d75-7aac-46cc-95c5-8f0d1362ea80
Post 71 IP   flag post
How did your favorite team look during their 1st preseason game?

My Redskins seemed pretty weak,... kinda like their regular season games. LOL.
Post 72 IP   flag post
The Lions were licking their wounds.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
The Lions were licking their wounds.

I saw that game. Of course I'm always for any team playing against the Pats.
Post 74 IP   flag post
A total embarrassment for the Lions. I know it was just backups but still a pathetic display. Hopefully they get this out of their system before the regular season. I listened to the game on the radio at work but I didn’t have the stomach to watch the tv broadcast on game pass🤮.
Post 75 IP   flag post
I joined the league

Go Central City Lighting!
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector TerrySloan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
I joined the league

Go Central City Lighting!

Awesome! We have 7 more openings. I'll put this info in the CBCS Facebook group in a couple of days if the league isn't filled and then we can schedule a draft.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanted to bump this up. The league is up to 6 teams.

Is there a minimum number that it takes to make it happen? I have my regular NFL fantasy teams set up, but if you need another player, I'll join up. Just let me know.

Fantasy league
Post 78 IP   flag post
I'd love to join but I'm already invested in another!
Post 79 IP   flag post
603225 79 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?