Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Is this Stan Lee signature genuine? please help.9731

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I said that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it. I wouldn’t waste $25 on a verification of Stan’s autograph because there system is in no way accurate because if it was it would mean real autographs would pass and fakes fail. So saying it’s accurate is a inaccurate statement.

Although I am going to try it, i might be miffed if I witnessed a dog in person and it failed authentication so, I get it But I am still willing to try and cross my fingers

Good luck brother if you send it in.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Quote:
I said that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it. I wouldn’t waste $25 on a verification of Stan’s autograph because there system is in no way accurate because if it was it would mean real autographs would pass and fakes fail. So saying it’s accurate is a inaccurate statement.

Although I am going to try it, i might be miffed if I witnessed a sig in person and it failed authentication so, I get it But I am still willing to try and cross my fingers

Good luck brother if you send it in.

Thanks.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Wouldn’t the rest of the handwriting assist in determing the legitimacy?

For instance, the word “wishes” looks consistent with the example that @sportshort linked to.

Really good point. Good looking out.
Post 28 IP   flag post
One more question, there is a Herb Trimpe drawn Hulk 114 with his signature on the cover. the book normally retails for about 14 dollars in 4.0 without the sig, is there any added value with his sig? I think I should pick it up since it will be around 20 dollars with his sig, but I don't know enough about him. Advice?
Post 29 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
One more question, there is a Herb Trimpe drawn Hulk 114 with his signature on the cover. the book normally retails for about 14 dollars in 4.0 without the sig, is there any added value with his sig? I think I should pick it up since it will be around 20 dollars with his sig, but I don't know enough about him. Advice?

I’d buy it for that get on it.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same sig on a comic that was limited pne shot and every issue was signed by him and Joe Kubert - the book i ref is the JUST IMAGINE STAN LEE: CREATING BATMAN #1
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzbe
I have the same sig on a comic that was limited pne shot and every issue was signed by him and Joe Kubert - the book i ref is the JUST IMAGINE STAN LEE: CREATING BATMAN #1

Do you have a pic? how old is the sig (assuming you have that info)?

thanks.
Post 32 IP   flag post
601290 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?