Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestionsRaw Comics For Sale

Beware of Seller lifeiswhatyoumakeit20129729

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I just got home from being out of state (work) and had a ton of comics waiting on me when I returned.

After inspecting the comics, the Sleepwalker #1 I bought has color touch. The seller lifeiswhatyoumakeit2012 said nothing about it being color touched in the auction.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow....that's kinda low. Sleepwalker #1 is such a common book, why would someone bother?

That sucks.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Wow....that's kinda low. Sleepwalker #1 is such a common book, why would someone bother?

That sucks.

Exactly

@GanaSoth You obviously have a great case for a refund.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Paulbg2000 I know. I had this comic when I was younger (bought it off the turn rack) and wanted it back in my collection again.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan yeah. I'm about to do the eBay refund thing right now.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth that sucks, thanks for the heads up about the sellers
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Batman66 NP. I mean, maybe he didn't know it was color touched. I don't know for certain. I guess novice collectors wouldn't have noticed but I felt like I should warn you all about it none-the-less.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth What a dirt bag.Hope you get your deserving refund.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips yeah. I opened my return a while little bit ago. Got the label; just gotta repackage it and take it to the post office Monday.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth that literally looks like it was drawn on with a sharpie. Whoever the culprit is, that person is a turd. đŸ’©
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Noblebeast315 yeah man, it's definitely a black sharpie marker (or a crayola marker).
I just got this e-mail from him after I opened up my return on eBay.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a stack of these from the bins at my store for $4 a piece (yeah, I'm stockpiling it...LOL) ...I'm hoping you didn't pay too much for it. I'd take him up on the free replacement.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Paulbg2000 if it's free then yeah I will. But if I gotta go through the process of sending this one back before he sends another etc, I'll just get my money back.

I bought it for (with shipping) $16.00
Post 13 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth say Hell No! Give me my money back you fraud! Straight up tell him you don’t want to do business with him anymore. Don’t worry bro, I’m adding him to “The List”!!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
To help refresh everyone’s memory here is the list as I know it:

CBCS Forum Board “Bad EBay Seller List”:
- lifeiswhatyoumakeit2012
- just-the-keys-please
- badazbowaz
- cornfieldcomics-and-bricks
- goldstatus55
- Mugen10
- krakow1
- fgd2868
- rodney-memorbilia
- Brunsfam
- ducatidesmod16rr
- smilelp
- patshi-0
- Kermit’s Pad

Save this list and hopefully avoid some unneeded eBay issues.
Post 15 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I've bought from 2 of those sellers....hmmmmmm.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
To be fair, I'd say it's entirely possible he didn't realize there was color touch.

It probably wouldn't even occur to me to check the thing for restoration. I mean, we're talking about Sleepwalker #1 here. Not exactly a prized, key issue. Why would anyone bother to touch up the color? Not saying it wasn't done, just that I'm baffled anyone would for a $4 book.
Post 17 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say there is a high degree of certainty he didnt know it was colour touched.

Errors don't equal bad sellers.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth

Good on him for sending you another one.

If he asks for the touched-up book back, something’s up.

What is he gonna do, try and sell it again?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
To be fair, I'd say it's entirely possible he didn't realize there was color touch.

It probably wouldn't even occur to me to check the thing for restoration. I mean, we're talking about Sleepwalker #1 here. Not exactly a prized, key issue. Why would anyone bother to touch up the color? Not saying it wasn't done, just that I'm baffled anyone would for a $4 book.

Could be a "practice" book.
I agree "guilty until proven innocent" may not be fair. Many people buy books by the stack, coming in the mail all week. Many reasons he may not be the one.
But a refund should be due. Sounds like he's willing to work it out. It's just too bad it's over a 'cheap' book.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@GAC I have unfortunately bought from a couple of these sellers as well. It seems some buyer experiences are worse than others, but definitely let it be known that these sellers have wronged members of the forum board in some way or another. I only know the reasons why for about half the list.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I talked with the seller, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He is going to send another one out on Monday. So we will see how it goes.

If all goes well, I'll give him positive feedback stating something like "Recieved color touched comic, seller immediately replaced. A+ Seller thx"
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if I would call him an "A+ seller" sending out altered books, GanaSoth. More like a "D" if you ask me. "D" has many interpretations.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Mistakes happen...it'll happen to all of us at one point or another....how one handles or corrects the error is the what determines your worth.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
If all goes well, I'll give him positive feedback stating something like "Recieved color touched comic, seller immediately replaced. A Seller thx"

Wait about 30 days. If he doesn't relist the book, he probably deserves that feedback. If he relists the book you don't want to be the buyer who vouched for him...and then he should go on "The List".
Post 25 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
If all goes well, I'll give him positive feedback stating something like "Recieved color touched comic, seller immediately replaced. A Seller thx"

Wait about 30 days. If he doesn't relist the book, he probably deserves that feedback. If he relists the book you don't want to be the buyer who vouched for him...and then he should go on "The List".

Seller shouldn’t even ask for the touched-up book back. The postage is worth more than the book,
Post 26 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@EbaySeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

Seller shouldn’t even ask for the touched-up book back. The postage is worth more than the book,

Yep I have to agree. If I had multiple copies of that book and didn't do the touch up. I'd take pic of another book and say I'm sending you this keep the other book as it has no value 😀
Post 27 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I talked with the seller, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He is going to send another one out on Monday. So we will see how it goes.

If all goes well, I'll give him positive feedback stating something like "Recieved color touched comic, seller immediately replaced. A+ Seller thx"

This doesn't really sound like "benefit of the doubt". Your call of course, but I'd think most people reading this will automatically assume it was his attempt to deceive, and got caught before making it right (and the seller could think that was your intent), despite the "A+ Seller thx", if that last part is even noticed after reading "color touched".

If I were in your situation and was ultimately happy with the outcome, I'd say "great communication" or something to that effect. If I were giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@Siggy when I say I'm "giving him the benefit of the doubt" I'm saying instead of me giving him negative feedback right away, I'll let him try to make it right.

It could be one of two ways here.
A) he honestly didn't know it was color touched as he claims to have multiple copies
B) he knew it was color touched and got caught

What gets me is as soon as I opened up the eBay return case, all I said was "The comic has color touch to the spine; top & bottom corners. Was not listed as color touch in the description." I didn't provide pictures yet like I did here. His response was "I have several issues of this. I can replace your issue with one that's not restored. LMK"

He didn't even ask for proof (pics)? If I sold a comic to someone & they claimed it's been restored, I'd have first asked for pictures before continuing. But he automatically said he would replace it with another copy that's not color touched. It just sounds fishy the more I think about it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

He didn't even ask for proof (pics)? If I sold a comic to someone & they claimed it's been restored, I'd have first asked for pictures before continuing. But he automatically said he would replace it with another copy that's not color touched. It just sounds fishy the more I think about it.

100% agree
Post 30 IP   flag post
601520 42 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?