Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Sending for pressing as well as grading9727

Collector Infinity private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, looking at sending a chunk of books in for grading (around 20) and one of these is wanting to be pressed. However I'm just wanting to find out how return postage would work. Because return postage is very expensive (But can never find out exactly how much unless i commit to the checkout!) and since the pressing book needs to go on a separate invoice I'm guessing it would automatically get its own return postage. however i was wondering if there is a way to include this book with the grading submissions that don't require pressing to save on the return postage? I've not sent a book in for pressing before and the bit that's worrying me is that it has to have its own separate invoice.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
and since the pressing book needs to go on a separate invoice I'm guessing it would automatically get its own return postage.

Unfortunately I think that this is correct as I don’t believe CBCS will hold books that do or don’t need pressing/VSP etc and collate them for single return postage, which is understandable although frustrating especially for those of us this side of the pond with postage being so high.

I've just sent in 3 books for c&p with VSP and return postage was $85.10 SHOCK HORROR which is taking the Michael

I’m sure some of our more experienced members will be able to help you a tad more.

Welcome to the forum btw 👍
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I stockpile my books needing pressing and send them in together so they can be on the same invoice just to save on shipping.

CBCS wont hold books...they have to be separate invoices and therefore separate shipping.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I've done the reverse but only works for a few books at a time. If I have most books that need pressing but 3 or 4 that don't then I pay for the press screen to keep them on the same order - ends up being a few bucks less than if they had their own shipping and worst case they get a press that I didn't think they needed and maybe a higher grade!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I've done the reverse but only works for a few books at a time. If I have most books that need pressing but 3 or 4 that don't then I pay for the press screen to keep them on the same order - ends up being a few bucks less than if they had their own shipping and worst case they get a press that I didn't think they needed and maybe a higher grade!!

Very clever 👍
Post 5 IP   flag post
597892 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?