Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeMovies Television

ASM #129 CBCS 9.8 LCS Consignment Makes Local News9700

Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Phillip Yang says he felt like he was "taken advantage of" after he agreed to sell one of his prized possessions and didn’t get his money for almost two months.

CTV News - Toronto comic book collector left in limbo for two months

Post 1 IP   flag post
I wonder if Philip is on this forum?
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
He did get his money and the store's 10% commission.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like to me he needs to get some patience.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I've personally experienced how Canada Post can hold up a package. I'm sure Revenue Canada could do the same thing with a payment, especially that large.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Good time to rob him when he’s gone on his cruise
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
That was pretty damn cool for the store to make it right like that, giving him the commission, even though the Canadian revenue agency held up the funds.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
That was pretty damn cool for the store to make it right like that, giving him the commission, even though the Canadian revenue agency held up the funds.

I think the TV channel had the store by the balls. Probably said pay up everything and we won’t mention you by name in the broadcast.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

I think the TV channel had the store by the balls. Probably said pay up everything and we won’t mention you by name in the broadcast.

They do seem a little sketch. Calling "mid-June" to this week "almost two months" is a stretch.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know what store it was?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@nik

Paradise.
Post 12 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
This was discussed on the CGC boards, awhile ago, and most of us agreed that the seller simply lacks patience. International funds get holds placed on them. We think the store did nothing wrong.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
I thought so. Stopped using them last year when it took over a year to get books; 20 books spanning 5 different conventions, back from grading with the "fast track" option. I'm not the only one that stopped using them for grading & signature series services
Post 14 IP   flag post
601308 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?