Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Rejected too tall/wide??9679

Collector merlinflex private msg quote post Address this user
So one of my recent submissions was rejected when another one of the exact same era, Golden, was done. What gives? Did I make a mistake switching from CGC to CBCS? I don't think CGC would reject it. Thoughts anyone?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
To the right of the issue, the comic is not aligned to the cover as it naturally should. Simply wouldnt fit in a case. Press it and send it back in and the book should be fine.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You mean resubmitt and add pressing or I should do the pressing (If so, how)? TIA!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yes, You can resubmit with a pressing done. The book needs pressed and re-aligned as it naturally was to fit in a holder. Still a beautiful book! The re-alignment will definitely help it!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ok, so I will resubmitt and include pressing to be done this time. Got it thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Welcome to the forums by the way!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@merlinflex Be aware that Golden Age books weren’t necessarily an exact standard size and dimensions can vary from one book to another despite being from the same era.

CBCS can encapsulate books up to 7.625" x 10.5" and .24" thick. The rejected book looks nearly 8” wide in your photo. As @Batman79 mentioned a press will fix the alignment which MIGHT correct the width to within CBCS’ allowable dimensions but there is still the chance that the book may just simply be too wide to fit in CBCS’ holder
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, looks like a good press should fix it. Can’t say for certain unless you post a pic of the side profile. Properly aligned the profile edge of pages on the outside is usually a “>” on these books, the middle of the > being the center wrap.

If its just a miscut mess then you’re sol.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thans, adding photos of all sides for review and opinions.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know....I was never too tall or wide...might be why I was never really rejected
Post 10 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
That looks like a much-loved book. Don't forget to do a page count to make sure they are all there.

Pages: 68

clickable text
Post 11 IP   flag post
@merlinflex send for press. Looks like you could save a solid 1/4-3/8” off the width once aligned and tightened.

Send pictures to your presser before sending it though, some pressers will not work on books of that age/condition. Personally those are my favorites to work on. Newer stuff is so boring.

Jackster Is spot on as well. 16 interior wraps, 32 pages each side of the staples, plus cover.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like it's getting brittle. I would not want to suggest pressing it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Yes, it is defenintly getting brittle, can tell once I took out of bag. So maybe it cannot be pressed? Then I might need alternative just to preserve it and keep from getting damaged.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
It looks like it's getting brittle. I would not want to suggest pressing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinflex
Yes, it is defenintly getting brittle, can tell once I took out of bag. So maybe it cannot be pressed? Then I might need alternative just to preserve it and keep from getting damaged.

Unless its brittle to the point of literally falling apart, it can still be pressed and be better for it in the long run.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Press screen it?
Post 16 IP   flag post
600717 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?