Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPSignatures

Mall call From Heroes....9674

Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,
I know there was s number of us who were in attendance at Heroes this year. I know I never got the chance to share my own personal highlights with everyone as I haven’t shot any photos until now. I did want to share with the forum though because I got some good ones.... check them out!

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome!

I actually just got my Heroes Con books back today as well! Nothing too spectacular but two books (Punisher and Harley) were cracked to get one more sig to finally finish them(Fraction and Kesel, respectively) and was lucky they kept the same grade.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Noblebeast315 @dielinfinite very nice 👍
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books. I took some books to submit but ended up finding some deals on keys I needed so I spent all my money before I made it to the CBCS booth.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I had my Heroes books pressed befoe sending them in so they are still at CBCS.

Today I did get my Mattina signed books back from CBCS (they went to Italy for the signing).

I had 34 9.8s, 4 9.6s and seven 9.4 or lower books.

Out of the Grafitti booth Heroes in Crisis variants (NYCC) I got 8 9.8s, 1 9.6 and one dud (9.2 I think),

I did not do as well on Grafitti's Batman variant I think about half of my seven duds were copies of this book even though I did get a couple 9.8s.

In the past Grafitti was good about letting you switch out duds for other copies while you waited on line. Last year at NYCC the staff was trying to help me switch out duds but the lady in charge of the booth was trying to stop people from doing so.

Clearly I was more focused on upgrading the Heroes in Crisis duds and mostly took the Batman books I was given.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite get you get your Sienkiewicz Signature in the morning on Saturday or did you get caught up in the in the fiasco waiting in line all day?
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Noblebeast315 I didn’t attend the Con myself. All my books for the show were taken care of by an AW so I’m not sure what the line situation was like.

I did see Bill in person on Preview Night at SDCC. No line at all!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I remember that Sienkiewicz line. It was crazy-long. The longest for any creator.

Nice books! I had my Kraven's Last Hunt OO comics, and a few others - I think the 10 Nights of the Beast? - but then I added up what each would cost me and decided they were charging too much for me. Maybe I should have just picked one, like you did? I think it was something like $600 for the whole Kraven set.

@drchaos - What are the Graffiti books you are talking about? I don't think I saw those, or the Graffiti booth.

I've already received the email: my non-clean-and-pressed books will arrive in the next day or two. I'll post them when I get them. But the ones I sent for C&P won't be back for awhile.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid Grafitti sells the DC exclusives at NYCC, SDCC, Baltimore, etc.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Whelp, these came in the mail yesterday and I finally got around to taking pics of them all. I'm really happy with the Jeff Dekal sketch! Even though he's the one that got graphite marks all over the back, bringing the grade down to 9.2. (It'll clean off pretty easy, though, if I ever want to clean and press. I wish I'd thought to look before handing off to the AW!) Also, Dekal doesn't do torso or full body sketches on comic blanks, and there are only certain characters he will even draw. I had to improvise after he shot down my first three ideas!

LOVE having the José Luis García-López sig. He's such a nice guy in person, too! And also really glad about the Tim Sale, and the Jenny Frison (!), who is now one of my favorite cover artists. And that Skottie Young - also a great guy - is just ... fantastic.

Anyway, these are the ones that didn't go out for a press first. I'll post the others in a month or two. Enjoy!

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid very nice 👍
Post 11 IP   flag post
600441 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?